Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Uzbekistan has a decent amount of Koreans that were forced there from Russia by Stalin.

A lot of Kazakhstans have a lot of similar features to East Asians. I know a couple that you’d swear were Korean or Chinese until you heard them speak.
I follow a weightlifter who's ethnically Russian but identifies as from Kazakhstan

Watching his videos I noticed his fellow countrymen looked pretty asian

Now it makes sense.

My dumb A use to think that Kazahkstans looked like this :
p04dgkm4.jpg

But you're right. A lot of them look like Chinese, which makes sense as they border China to the east.
Speaking of geography. I remember having my mind blown when I saw the real world map by actual size comparison.
main-qimg-39b392fabe53e7ffca0b11c0dbf6a64a-c.jpeg

I’m watching the Korean news right now and they covered George Floyd and the protest briefly for like 2 minutes. The big topic in Korea seems to be the second big wave of COVID.
I’m wondering if I’ll even be able to move there this year.

I’m watching the Korean news right now and they covered George Floyd and the protest briefly for like 2 minutes. The big topic in Korea seems to be the second big wave of COVID.
I’m wondering if I’ll even be able to move there this year.
I highly doubt its going to get any better here compared to SK.

I highly doubt its going to get any better here compared to SK.

My friend is moving to Japan this year for work, and this is pretty much his mentality too. "It might be bad there, but it's def gonna be worse here, so I don't have much of a choice"

My friend is moving to Japan this year for work, and this is pretty much his mentality too. "It might be bad there, but it's def gonna be worse here, so I don't have much of a choice"
COVID is probably better than all of us. It's not racist one bit. white , black , asian, brown, it dont care.

like i mentioned in the official thread. People are acting like Covid had some month end quota it had to meet and it's gone.

Bachelor of Arts in History waddup.
Non-STEM boiz we in dis.

Interested to hear how that conversation went with parents. Saw you post that your father was blue collar. Mine were too, different industry. Both never made college either. Families were poor and rose with the development and modernization of Taiwan.

Not a STEM Asian either. Always trended more to Social Studies and Business. Father always stressed the expectation don’t have to be A+ number one, but better beat your peers growing up in America.

Bachelor of Science Business Administration
-Business Finance
-Banking & Financial Markets

I'm serious. They got down to less than ten new cases a day. Opened the clubs up and it broke out again, but nowhere near how it was when covid had first broke out. They'll get the numbers down again to what it was, in shorter time than the first time around.

They'll be fine.

I'm serious. They got down to less than ten new cases a day. Opened the clubs up and it broke out again, but nowhere near how it was when covid had first broke out. They'll get the numbers down again to what it was, in shorter time than the first time around.

They'll be fine.
I truly hope youre right.

Do Indians not count as asians?

Cuz yesterday I peeped this fine Indian girl's tik tok

My first instinct was to share here loll
Well is India in Asia?

Indians & surrounding southern definitely Asian in America.
Definitely welcome here in Thread.
No different than all eastern, southeastern and northeastern here.

Russia is in Asia too 🤷

Thought it didn't hurt to ask

Russian/Far East Asians, some of ethnic groups in the -stans are fascinating.
See so much potential in Far Eastern relations.
Always felt in human civilization history, Russia/USSR was fortunate to have recovered from Mongols and took advantage of Eastern chaos expanding European/Western influence.

Interested to hear how that conversation went with parents. Saw you post that your father was blue collar. Mine were too, different industry. Both never made college either. Families were poor and rose with the development and modernization of Taiwan.

Not a STEM Asian either. Always trended more to Social Studies and Business. Father always stressed the expectation don’t have to be A+ number one, but better beat your peers growing up in America.

Bachelor of Science Business Administration
-Business Finance
-Banking & Financial Markets

I originally was a double major in education and history. The goal was to become a teacher.
I had my first internship as a assistant teacher at a Middle school and on my first day, some middle school kid said some racial stuff to me and began mimicking kung-fu stereotypical moves.

after my first day, I thought about it hard and realized I didn’t want to be a teacher. A teacher doesn’t just teach, but he/she also babysits.

quit the education program right after that and just finished out the history part. Told my parents and they didn’t mind as long as I found a job after college. Mom was lowkey disappointed though because she believes being a teacher is a great job.

I have a lot of respect for teachers. They go through ****ing hell. So many people who want to be teachers don’t know what they’re getting themselves into. They have dreams of going to a low-funded school to inspire and motivate kids like this is some movie. It’s not like that at all. Ask any teacher who taught in the ghetto. It’s hell.

edit*

I want to make it clear that a lot of people quit being an education major when they get a taste of it and it’s normal. You should only pursue it if you truly have a passion to teach. But just because you’re passionate, future teachers need to realize it’s not sunshine and rainbows. Being a teacher is one of the hardest jobs

Last edited:
i remember the first korean drama I ever saw, this girl got dumped by her bf and she ran home and stuffed her face with bibimbap, while she cried.
So for the longest time, I thought that Bibimbap was like something she just threw together in a bowl cuz she was sad and lazy, not knowing it was an actual dish.

Ive noticed on Kdramas and tv programs, people compliment someone by saying "You eat well."

Anyone know why?
It's just this thing they do

Customary before you eat to say this phrase that translates roughly to 'I will eat well.' After dinner there's this phrase that translates roughly to 'I ate well.'

I guess it's their way of saying thank you for the meal.

when saying you ate well I guess it's their way of thanking them for enjoying the meal they prepared.

*edit

Or it's what Akira said. You learn something new everyday :lol:

Back
Top Bottom