Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Racism in Asia might not be as deadly as it is in the US, but it can still affect you in a frustrating way. Asian solidarity is a US thing and doesn’t exist much in Asia

My fiancé is from Indonesia but is Japanese/Chinese. East Asians live OK day to day but are heavily discriminated against when it comes to government positions, job opportunities, promotions/raises, higher up roles at companies, etc. which is why many of them just focus on opening their own businesses to get ahead. This is still better than when they were being burned to death in the 90s

My friend’s former Japanese girlfriend blew up on me because I said I thought she was Vietnamese. Apparently that was a huge insult to her because racist Japanese people consider Southeast Asians to be low class. I’ve found this to be true among racist Koreans and Chinese too. My female Vietnamese friend is engaged to a Korean dude whose family basically disowned him for getting with her

I’m half Indian and have had people do a complete 180 on me when they found out my ethnicity, going from extremely friendly to going behind my back and even telling my girl “Don’t date him, Indians are scammers and thieves” “what if you have dark kids” etc.

I’d still prefer living in many Asian cities over US cities because to me, dealing with some comments and backwards attitudes is still better than being on constant alert for people trying to murder me or my girl just for our appearance. It’s sad that’s how low the bar has gotten, and if it wasn’t for some urgent family obligations, we would’ve already packed our bags by now

Im not saying there aren’t opportunities to have a better life in Asia. I’m just saying to not simply assume that “I’m Asian so life will automatically be amazing for me anywhere in Asia”, otherwise you’ll end up like some of my friends who moved to Japan to fulfill their fantasies but ended up hating their lives there when they found out how closed off many Japanese people are to foreigners, even if they’re Asian, or how hard it is to get a well-paying job as a non native unless you are EXCEPTIONAL.

Last edited:
Ayyyy lemme tell yaw. When I visit PI they be looking at me two ways:

Look at this American

And

Look at this American

Ya dig?

resize.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 15.24.47 PM.png

According to the arrest document, Smith's girlfriend told police he was involved in a crash with an Asian driver a couple of years ago and that since that time "has had near panic attacks when he is around anyone of Asian descent." She added that he had been admitted to health care facilities after "having delusions that the Asian mob is after him or attempting to harm him."

The woman said he had also been fired from a job after verbally attacking an Asian boss.

Dallas police said last week that the salon shooting may be related to two other shootings targeting Asian-owned businesses. No injuries were reported in those two incidents.

Garcia said Tuesday afternoon that more investigation needs to be done in those cases before charges are filed.

"ASIAN DELUSIONS"

I messed up on my SAT's. Only got a 1240 out of 1600. Struggled with some of the math sections. Didn't know it was better to leave some answers blank than just choosing a bunch of Choice: C.
You ain't messed up compared to my score :lol:.

SCUM

“First of all, they gotta have me on camera killing her, I’m not on camera touching her at all,” Nash said.

“They only got me on camera going into the building, that’s it. They ain’t got no camera showing me killing that lady.”

I was watching one of those white guy travel vloggers on youtube and he made a vid about eating mcdonalds in a bunch of different countries. Said eating chicken teriyaki at a Thai mcdonalds reminded him of a Chinese restaurant. Dumb AF. he also tried a flatbread / pita sandwich in Saudi Arabia and called it a tortilla.

Meanwhile Trudeau just banned handguns in Canada lmao!

“Other than using firearms for sport shooting and for hunting, there is no reason anyone in Canada should need guns in their everyday lives.”

Because Canada does not have trigger happy pu§§ies like US cops.

Back
Top Bottom