Asian Culture Discussion Thread

i love caucasian girls :tongue: im currently dating a sexy half italian and half albanian girl with an fat a** :nthat:
im not a big fan of asian girls cuz most of them are lacking of boobs and a**
Well I am fortunate. My girl got some **** and ***. Gonna lay the smack down tonight.

These Asian grandmas got that 1 HP forever.

Fighters to the end.

:smokin

:lol:

I can't fully blame her generation though. I mean when you think about it, people in previous generations mostly got information about other races,cultures,countries, etc. through whatever limited media was presented to them. She had never even seen a black person before until she first visited the US in the late 1990s, and even then her experience was limited since we had moved to a majority Asian neighborhood by then.

Last edited:

I don't doubt how bad other parts of the country are.  Especially in the midwest where there's still so much racism.
The midwest isn't bad. If you consider the city of Milwaukee or Chicago, which are highly diversified, there's not much racism there unless it's a newbie. 

They're catching on though, as far as the Asian men dating outside of their race. 

I know cities like Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. are Midwest, but when I usually think of Midwest, it's states like Nebraska, the Dakotas, and Missouri. I've been to those states for work, and my coworker and I were the only non-white or non janitor/busboy minorities pretty much everywhere we went. I seriously felt like I was in the 1950s out there. So many places where people just stared at us like "what the hell are these immigrants doing here..." :lol:

Last edited:
I know cities like Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. are Midwest, but when I usually think of Midwest, it's states like Nebraska, the Dakotas, and Missouri. I've been to those states for work, and my coworker and I were the only non-white or non janitor/busboy minorities pretty much everywhere we went. I seriously felt like I was in the 1950s out there. So many places where people just stared at us like "what the hell are these immigrants doing here..."
laugh.gif
I was in Nashville, Tennessee for a team meeting and we all went out to the bars at night.  Mind you, i was the only asian person amongst my team of 30 people and I had a bunch of hicks walking the street spew slander at me, "hey china boy, this ain't Hong Kong, what you doing here"

My family wanted me to date a white guy since forever. Their reasoning: "so my kids would be mixed and pretty". They were kinda disappointed that all I brought home were Filipino guys. :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
I'm mixed and look Latino or Filipino depending on my haircut and facial hair. Gotten some disappointed looks from women who heard a half white/half Asian dude was coming through, and then I showed up :rofl: To be fair, both my dad's side and mom's side look pretty different from stereotypical white/Asians. They both look Latino/Middle Eastern/(insert any beige ethnicity here).

I want tall kids. Short girls will still get the cream pie but no babies allowed.

There's no guarantee though. My dad is 6'2, and my mom is 5'4, which is normal height. I ended up being 5'8 because the rest of the women in my mom's family are all 4'11-5'1 and the men are all around 5'5 ish :smh: :lol: You better research your girl's family, cause she could just be an anomaly like my mom :lol:

Last edited:
I was in Nashville, Tennessee for a team meeting and we all went out to the bars at night.  Mind you, i was the only asian person amongst my team of 30 people and I had a bunch of hicks walking the street spew slander at me, "hey china boy, this ain't Hong Kong, what you doing here"

Funny you brought up Nashville. A group of white girls there were taking pics with my friend from China, and dude thought he was popular as @#$@ with the locals . When he explained the details of the story, I realized they were taking pics with him as a joke :smh:

Last edited:
:lol:

I can't fully blame her generation though. I mean when you think about it, people in previous generations mostly got information about other races,cultures,countries, etc. through whatever limited media was presented to them. She had never even seen a black person before until she first visited the US in the late 1990s, and even then her experience was limited since we had moved to a majority Asian neighborhood by then.

Bruh.....my grandfather was in World War 2. I am sure he had some sort of hate towards white people. Definitely different times from then to now with things like the draft and what not. Racial divides were just more normal then.

And I've been to Missouri. Was there for a wedding. What's even more interesting is the economical divide from state to state. I was talking to someone that was like 27 years old and he told me he just paid off his house. I was like what.?.....and then he told me his house was like $90K or something. Crazy.

There's no guarantee though. My dad is 6'2, and my mom is 5'4, which is normal height. I ended up being 5'8 because the rest of the women in my mom's family are all 4'11-5'1 and the men are all around 5'5 ish
mean.gif
laugh.gif
You better research your girl's family, cause she could just be an anomaly like my mom
laugh.gif
me = 4' 11.5"

wife = 4' 11"

three kids = all <5th percentile height and weight

They've got..

All of us Filipino, btw.

It was really hard on my family too.  They didn't really welcome her in to family functions, etc. and they looked down on me too. 
damn that must be really sux tho, i dont think that my parents will have a problem with that if i were dating a black girl, there is a possibility that they prefer i would date an asian or caucasian girl but at the end they cant do too much about it

Last edited:
I'm Mexican and I've been with more asian girls than I have my own race. I was fortunate that their parents were very accepting of me. Growing up, my best friend was Vietnamese (since the 7th grade, we're 35 now) so I was exposed to his culture as the years went by. He took me a few times to the Buddhist Temple he'd go to. I didn't know what to expect the first time, but the people were really friendly. A huge family group of like 20 one time approached me and asked that I take their picture.

My family never had any katulong/yaya (at least not since I've been alive). I can definitely see how one could become attached to the family she cares for, especially after decades of servitude.

I was scrolling through some Twitter threads and something jumped out at me.

A handful of non-Filipinos seemed to be demonizing the author for his actions. But given the circumstances, what do you guys think he should have done? The critics were saying he should have paid her more, enrolled her in English lessons, get her counseling, etc. to extract her from the "slave" situation. Some even said he should've acted as soon as he came to the realization that it was wrong.
Now my issue is that it's not that black and white to me. Sure the author realized his Lola was being mistreated, but the person in the wrong was still the author's mother. He described a few instances where he stood up to his mother to defend Lola but I'm sure he had his qualms about escalating. As for the actions taken once his mother had passed, I thought they were appropriate. He attempted to give her some independence by teaching her to drive, giving her a debit card, etc. but she just couldn't take it. And he even had her go back to the PI didn't he? She chose to come back to his family. The non-Filipinos claimed that was just Stockholm Syndrome. The impression I got was that he genuinely wanted his Lola to live as a family member and not hired help but she wanted to do the things she was used to. The non-Filipinos cried he was just painting himself as the "benevolent slavemaster" and the fact he let her stay and help was repulsive. Granted we only have the author's side of the story and Lola is gone so we will never hear her side.

Last edited:
That story about Lola is depressing. 
mean.gif

My family in the Philippines had a few yayas but they were treated as family. they had their own rooms, were allowed to go back to the province whenever they want, and my aunts even put them through high school and college. 

Last edited:
My family never had any katulong/yaya (at least not since I've been alive). I can definitely see how one could become attached to the family she cares for, especially after decades of servitude.

I was scrolling through some Twitter threads and something jumped out at me.

A handful of non-Filipinos seemed to be demonizing the author for his actions. But given the circumstances, what do you guys think he should have done? The critics were saying he should have paid her more, enrolled her in English lessons, get her counseling, etc. to extract her from the "slave" situation. Some even said he should've acted as soon as he came to the realization that it was wrong.
Now my issue is that it's not that black and white to me. Sure the author realized his Lola was being mistreated, but the person in the wrong was still the author's mother. He described a few instances where he stood up to his mother to defend Lola but I'm sure he had his qualms about escalating. As for the actions taken once his mother had passed, I thought they were appropriate. He attempted to give her some independence by teaching her to drive, giving her a debit card, etc. but she just couldn't take it. And he even had her go back to the PI didn't he? She chose to come back to his family. The non-Filipinos claimed that was just Stockholm Syndrome. The impression I got was that he genuinely wanted his Lola to live as a family member and not hired help but she wanted to do the things she was used to. The non-Filipinos cried he was just painting himself as the "benevolent slavemaster" and the fact he let her stay and help was repulsive. Granted we only habe the author's side of the story and Lola is gone so we will never hear her side.

I can definitely see their point of view, but I agree that it's not as simple. By time he was able to take action, Lola was already too accustomed to serving others and that any change would be too much for her. The biggest gripe I had was why he waited so long to bring her ashes back home to the Philippines? For someone that was important, waiting several years to bring them to the Philippines was strange to see.

Not sure if it's been discussed but I read that asians are less likely to admit they have a mental condition and seek help due to the stigma of people thinking they're not okay in the head. Anyone familiar with this?

Back
Top Bottom