Asian Culture Discussion Thread

You would think these "in the public" people would be more careful with what they post online.

I'm all for this though. We get to see who they really are.
exactly but i guess they can't hide who they really are forever. Its disturbing especially with the following he may have.

Asian guy jumped at OC night market... Most of the food there is Asian food

A white couple left a young Vietnamese-American man bloodied at the OC[/URL][/URL] Fair Grounds parking lot on Sunday after an earlier incident included racist taunts. The victim, a 21-year-old college student who wishes to remain anonymous, hung out with a group of friends at OC Night Market when the trouble began around 9:30 p.m. That's when two white women approached him in line offering money to buy drinks.

When he refused, the duo muttered something rudely beneath their breath before returning a few minutes later and getting downright nasty. "Go back to Asia and eat a dog," the taller woman of the two said. She got all up in the victim's face when he pushed her away to create some space. A tatted up white dude a few feet away charged at him, punching the glasses off his face.

Security responded to the situation and took the violent couple out of the OC Night Market. The group of friends continued having a good time despite the jarring incident until deciding to call it a night around 11:00 p.m. When the victim walked with his girlfriend to their ride, the trouble began anew. "The moment I got to my car, a black sedan pulled up," he tells the Weekly. The couple from the earlier altercation got out of the car. "The guy immediately went after me and everything else was a blur."

The two left after the white guy pummeled him down to the ground. The victim's girlfriend got punched in the face by the white woman when trying to intervene. A witness later told the two that they saw a Mercedes Benz peel out of the parking lot that night, but not before the guy in the passenger seat hurled anti-Asian racial slurs at them, too.

The victim spent a day at the hospital before being discharged Monday night. He suffered cuts and bruises to his face. The brutal beating required stitches to a close a gash on his cheek and left several teeth chipped. A GoFundMe page is online raising money to help cover medical costs. Initial dental work to allow him to eat normally again cost $1,400 alone. He still hasn't gotten a bill for the Emergency Room stay.

Friends contacted the OC Night Market, but haven't gotten any information about surveillance cameras inside. They were told none existed in the parking lot where the second assault happened. "I can confirm that we were called out on Sunday [in] reference [to] a fight that occurred in the parking lot of the fair grounds," Lt. Lane Lagaret wrote the Weekly. "The case is being investigated, but we have not identified the other person(s) involved. The details of what led to the fight is also being investigated."

The victim spoke with Orange County Sheriff Deputies this week about the assault and is upset it's not being investigated as a hate crime. "She didn't have to say these racists things," he says. "Something as simple as getting in line for a drink can turn out to be such a big deal as this."

Last edited:
Thats one reason why i dont mess with social media. Cant stand folks who talk tough behind a phone and then do a complete 180 in real life.

Did yall catch dudes response? To me it seemed like he used his ww2 veteran father to cover up for his cowardness

Thats one reason why i dont mess with social media. Cant stand folks who talk tough behind a phone and then do a complete 180 in real life.

Did yall catch dudes response? To me it seemed like he used his ww2 veteran father to cover up for his cowardness

twitter is a disgusting place. People should have to post their school or work info in their bio and use their full name for their twitter handle. I'm happy when someone who receives horrible tweets will send screenshots of it to the person's work, school, or family and put them on blast.

That's the funniest part. I guarantee if a Japanese person brought up internment camps, he'd be the first to say "That was 80 years ago; get over it"

That's the funniest part. I guarantee if a Japanese person brought up internment camps, he'd be the first to say "That was 80 years ago; get over it"

That's response would happen assuming he actually knew/believed it... which the chances of that are low.

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/euro...roic-martial-artist-geoff-ho-fought-two-knife

this dude is crazy, probably watched too much Bruce Lee movies
laugh.gif

but i do have mad respect for him that he have the balls to go at the terrorists with his bare fists

About to make some batchoy tonight. Only thing I dislike about this dish that cooking of the pork blood.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Music shouldn't be limited to the color of your skin to enjoy and express it. If k-pop has a certain sound and they want to emulate it without trashing the culture, I'm for it. I like to rap..and hip-hop is predominantly black.

I guess I can see their concern about not knowing their hardships, etc, similar to how people throw themed parties, but that's different.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/asia/exp-edition-non-korean-k-pop-band/index.html

^^An article about a non Korean K-Pop group. I don't even listen to k-pop but not sure how I feel about this.
a complete joke
I don't see anything wrong with it. Music shouldn't be limited to the color of your skin to enjoy and express it. If k-pop has a certain sound and they want to emulate it without trashing the culture, I'm for it. I like to rap..and hip-hop is predominantly black.

I guess I can see their concern about not knowing their hardships, etc, similar to how people throw themed parties, but that's different.
westerners have been trash talking k pop (actually just Asian pop music) for years but now that it got real big they want a piece of the pie, right?

K pop def isnt Korean (as there are several Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Taiwanese members) exclusive but the fact that Asians are making great music and doing their own thing is what gives it its appeal.

K pop has millions of western fans and they love it because K pop really has its own appeal with Korean culture. Bring a western boy band and its no longer that.

edit*

just saw this:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ikrd/onionhasaeyo?utm_term=.jbkPP7QLQ#.xtV55naAa

laugh.gif

Last edited:
I never got into K-pop and like most Pop music I think its corny.

With that said outside of movies, I dont mind westerners/americans emulating K-pop at all. I feel that music is universal. If they do a good job more power to them. Just like Asians who try to rap or sing in America. If you're trash you're trash, if you do it well more power to you dont matter if youre Asian to me at all.

Last edited:
I never got into K-pop and like most Pop music I think its corny.

With that said outside of movies, I dont mind westerners/americans emulating K-pop at all. I feel that music is universal. If they do a good job more power to them. Just like Asians who try to rap or sing in America. If you're trash you're trash, if you do it well more power to you dont matter if youre Asian to me at all.
not coming at you or anythin cause you stated youre not into pop but k pop isnt just a genre of music. its korean fashion, culture (traditional overarching E. Asian culture), dance, etc.

so categorizing it as a music genre is misleading.

lightweight follow girl groups tbh.

that group aint gonna work tho :lol:

you cant just go learn korean and attempt kpop

most these people in the business been training since like they were 12.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom