Asian Culture Discussion Thread

U don't hear about Asians doing bad things in the news. This society wants you to believe that they do all work hard, excel in STEM fields and aren't breaking the law. Nope, that's the Blacks, Latinos, and Mexicans who do that.

In America Asians really ain't committing crimes like that

As far as violent crimes...now I know some getting it in with racketeering

They're only like 6% of the population

Last edited:
The media writes a story even when it's not written.

Omission is purposeful.

http://thehundreds.com/cxshxnly/

Good read.
Dumbfoundead talks "It G Ma" and his new Asian hip-hop collective.
I never got into DFD or any Asian rappers cept Jin during his Ruff Ryda days.
But it's cool seeing him doing big things. Ferg killed that remix though. :x :smokin

Anyone notice that Asians love Applebee's? I didn't notice it until tonight but I went with my girl and some friends and over half the people in there were Asian. It's not just this one. We've gone to multiple Applebee's multiple times and a good chunk of the customers in there were still Asian.

Anyone notice that Asians love Applebee's? I didn't notice it until tonight but I went with my girl and some friends and over half the people in there were Asian. It's not just this one. We've gone to multiple Applebee's multiple times and a good chunk of the customers in there were still Asian.
What on earth? :lol:

The little Asians I know are some of the biggest foodies out there. They don't mess with chain restaurants :pimp:

There's like 3 chains I like. Most times I go to new places to change the ambiance and vibe.

All the Applebee's I've seen in my area are filled to the brim with Dominicans. :lol:

-Drew

Haven't been to Applebees in a long time, don't think I saw a buncha Asians there.
I don't really know anyone of any race who is like die hard for going to Applebee's. :lol:

just curious, any of you guys hold dual citizenship?

i plan on applying with taiwan after i turn 36.

just curious, any of you guys hold dual citizenship?

i plan on applying with taiwan after i turn 36.
Avoiding military service?

Dual citizen here, NZ and Taiwan. Also avoiding military service 
laugh.gif

I know someone touched on this subject not too long ago, but thought it was very interesting that it recently been brought to the public's attention.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/japans-abe-expresses-condolences-on-war-anniversary-1439545449

Good for Abe-san, but he need not apologize for anything. He was born well after the war, and holds no responsibility for his country's actions - at all.

and this is coming from someone that had grandparents who lived under japanese rule.

Last edited:
Smh, my dad was telling me about this.

The school curriculum is being revised so students receive a more China centric education in their history classes.

Man, president is doing a **** job. ************ has a 10% approval rate.

The American education system is a joke in general.

My parents were telling me about kids learning Calculus in 6th grade in the home country. Kids over here in 6th grade struggling with multiplication and using their fingers to add.

laugh.gif

My parents were telling me about kids learning Calculus in 6th grade in the home country. Kids over here in 6th grade struggling with multiplication and using their fingers to add.

:lol:
Yup totally agree
Kids are only taught how to take tests, not tools that matter in the future.
My aunt sent her kids to a private school because of public school's lack in actual teaching.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
not an excuse for the terrible american education system but i remember reading somewhere that math is easier for a childs mind to understand when taught in chinese (to native chinese speakers of course) 

it's crazy out there.

when i would visit during the summer on my break when i was a kid, there aint no such thing as summer vacation.

kids getting tutored til like 7-8 pm every day.

:lol:

Knowing how bad at math most people and I were at 6th grade, we'd be failing those calculus classes. I struggled to pass it in college. Schools really need to overhaul the curriculum here though. I always thought it was ridiulous to make students go to school so early and start classes before 8 am or around that time. 8 hour school days seemed too long too along with giving a ton of homework to do at night. Shorten class time and teach less filler garbage. Be more efficient. Here in NY we always had to take those stupid regents exams that other states weren't required to have.

Last edited:
what is championed as high education is dependent on what the country sees as the most viable.

Back
Top Bottom