[/tr][tr][td]White alone[/td]

[td]$79,340[/td]

[/tr][tr][td]Hispanic or Latino[/td]

[td]$54,644[/td]

[/tr][tr][td]Black[/td]

[td]$49,629[/td]

[/tr][/table]

Does that include like five families the one house

Used up all my reps this page on the balut and lumpia references..
laugh.gif
roll.gif

y'all got me dying with these Filipino food references... the dinuguan :rofl:

ive hooked up with more latina and white women than asians.

my first real gf and the one who i lost my v card to was filipina.

i was 14.

went to bball practice right after.

this isnt even a damn asian culture thread anymore. its a thread about yambs pt 2.

So I have made a hobby of self teaching languages. I peeped japanese lessons real quick. Saw that they have Katakana and Kanji. Kanji being brought over by China. Why not just only use Katakana if japan is bout that **** China life? :nerd:

I'll prolly learn japanese after I am done with spanish since Tokyo is one of my top destinations to travel to and it is the 9th most spoken languange. Since I am in accounting and finance it might come in handy with Japan being a big player in financial instruments.

So I have made a hobby of self teaching languages. I peeped japanese lessons real quick. Saw that they have Katakana and Kanji. Kanji being brought over by China. Why not just only use Katakana if japan is bout that **** China life?
nerd.gif

I'll prolly learn japanese after I am done with spanish since Tokyo is one of my top destinations to travel to and it is the 9th most spoken languange. Since I am in accounting and finance it might come in handy with Japan being a big player in financial instruments.
There are many reasons. Japan was once a vessel to China. Also, Kanji is prob. easier in general.

There are many reasons. Japan was once a vessel to China. Also, Kanji is prob. easier in general.

Explain? Isnt Katakana what children start with?

From what I understand, Japanese kids learn Hiragana first. If you don't know Hiragana, you won't know Kanji.

And Katakana is more "phonetic" based. It's used in translating foreign words.

So Hiragana -> Katakana > Kanji.

Really impressive you're learning languages by yourself though. Couldn't imagine doing that myself :lol:

I wish I stuck to Chinese class when I was younger. One of my biggest regrets.

Last edited:
Just did a quick google search. Seems like a similar concept to me. Both are learned in 1st grade according to a yahoo answer

hiragana
View media item 1632180
katakana
View media item 1632181
You are right about katakana being used to pronounce foreign words and such.

The yahoo answer

The Japanese use hiragana, katakana and kanji. Romaji is what we use - it's basically a way for us to write out the pronunciation of Japanese words.

Hiragana is used for writing out Japanese words phonetically, katakana is used for writing out foreign words phonetically, and kanji are symbols that represent ideas (and can be pronounced different ways).

The Japanese will often mix all three alphabets in one sentence.
For example: パンを食べる。

パン (pan) = "bread," katakana
を (wo) = object particle, hiragana
食べる (taberu) = "to eat," 食 (ta) is a kanji, べる (beru) are hiragana

1. hiragana- learned by first graders.
2. katakana- learned by first graders
3. kanji- first graders learn 50 in their first year. The eventually know 1,945 by time they graduate high school.

Yes, you must learn all three if you wish to be literate in Japanese.

Learn hiragana/katakana. Then you can move onto kanji. Which is more complex because there is onyomi and kunyomi. You have to know hiragana/katakana in order to know the difference between on/kunyomi.

If I do end up learning the language I am not looking forward to that. Learning to speak seems fairly easy tho since they have a lot of loaner words (i.e Juusu is japanese for Juice). Also one of the few languages where even tho I cant speak I can tell where one word ends and another begins. Which I still have a problem with when listening to native spanish speakers. Also no subject verb conjugation (still have to learn tenses).

Asian languages are crazy hard.

Do you speak/write any?

I think the easiest is Korean cause it follows a similar structure to English since they have an "alphabet".

Last edited:

Do you speak/write any?

I think the easiest is Korean cause it follows a similar structure to English since they have an "alphabet".

No. Japanese would be the first Asian language that I would learn if I do get around to it. From what I see in language learning forums japanese is easy to speak but hard to be literate in.

From what I am seeing in language learning forums Japanese is easy to learn to speak but hard to learn to read and write. Learning to speak in Korean is of medium difficulty but reading and writing is easy.

Southeast asian languages are hard for english speakers because there are a lot of sounds that we cant make. The same way spanish speakers cannot pronounce the "J" sound or Chinese speakers can't pronounce "R" sound.

It'll still be a while before I have to make a decision on which to learn next since I would say I have about 18 months of spanish self study before I can consider myself fluent. I'm not sure it would be wise to learn Korean since I am not doing it just to do it. I want to learn languages beneficial to people in the finance industry (or business in general). Right now either German or Japanese is next.

Do you speak/write any?

Yeah man. In Thai, there are things that go over and under the letters. Those things can be the difference between two different words. คึ and ค for example.

Back
Top Bottom