Asian Culture Discussion Thread

As someone who lives in a heavily Asian populated community in America....I find it hard to relate to the article when it talks about identity.

But I do def know that Asian American frats are def not about the "cause"......most of these dudes are in it to party, get ****ed up on drugs and alcohol, make friends, and bang women.

Sad story though.

Unfortunately those things drive 90% of the population in social settings.

I'm in an Asian fraternity, Lambda Phi Epsilon, I was the president of my chapter back in 2011. So that article resonates with me. While the author is right about many things, he'll never understand until he's actually in one. But that's the unfortunate results of generalization, and that's why we, my own chapter, tried hard to break stereotypes

I'm in an Asian fraternity, Lambda Phi Epsilon, I was the president of my chapter back in 2011. So that article resonates with me. While the author is right about many things, he'll never understand until he's actually in one. But that's the unfortunate results of generalization, and that's why we, my own chapter, tried hard to break stereotypes

Just curious, why did you join an Asian fraternity and not a general one?

Just curious, why did you join an Asian fraternity and not a general one?

I joined for a multiple reasons:

- my cousin recruited me, so I'm basically a legacy. I have many family members that are affiliated and even more that are younger than me
- I hung out with a diverse crowd in high school, but coming to college I was slapped with the path of finding my identity. I joined a lot of Asian clubs and Lambdas was the one that suited me the most
- I come from a family of gang members. I'm not saying I condone it. However I felt their same sense of camaraderie being part of my own fraternity

With that said joining was one of the best decisions I made in my life. Through them I was active in promoting philanthropy (Asian American Donor Program) which I continue to til today. It has no doubt been a doorway to many things I'm currently doing in my life. I live with two of my bros and we all continue to kick it long after college

What school did you go to?

I joined for a multiple reasons:

- my cousin recruited me, so I'm basically a legacy. I have many family members that are affiliated and even more that are younger than me
- I hung out with a diverse crowd in high school, but coming to college I was slapped with the path of finding my identity. I joined a lot of Asian clubs and Lambdas was the one that suited me the most
- I come from a family of gang members. I'm not saying I condone it. However I felt their same sense of camaraderie being part of my own fraternity

With that said joining was one of the best decisions I made in my life. Through them I was active in promoting philanthropy (Asian American Donor Program) which I continue to til today. It has no doubt been a doorway to many things I'm currently doing in my life. I live with two of my bros and we all continue to kick it long after college

Fam, I went on a religious retreat this past weekend filled with +100k of my own folks who came from all over the country.

The talent there was crazy. It's making me change my anti-Asian stance when it comes to the birds.

Vietnamese girls from the US South = :blush:

I think the lambdas were the ones who had the douchey, partyboy reputation when I went to school. I knew a few of them. At a different school they wanted to beat up my brother at a party but he deserved it.

Last edited:
Fam, I went on a religious retreat this past weekend filled with +100k of my own folks who came from all over the country.

The talent there was crazy. It's making me change my anti-Asian stance when it comes to the birds.

Vietnamese girls from the US South = :blush:
Lol this guy
Should have never doubted these Asian broads

At UCSB, the Asian frats were always pretty friendly and open, especially compared to the racist @#$ white ones. I declined an invitation to rush one but still got invited to their parties anyway :lol:

I guess it depends where you go to school. I went to a majority white university, so I think the minority frats at my school just wanted to form groups for similar people to come together, rather than the "exclusive alpha male" mentality most frats usually have

Last edited:
Hmmm another sterotype that I feel is applied for Asians is they all smoke and love import cars. Although when I go to car events I do rub elbows with quite a few Asians, which is fine with me because I do love the culture.

What are you guys thoughts on Julie Chen? She had double eye lid surgery back in the day because she was viewed as "too asian" and wasn't gettin any love in the tv world. Her parents supported her fully and were even "proud" of what she did.

Whats Chinese peoples fascination with white folks?

What are you guys thoughts on Julie Chen? She had double eye lid surgery back in the day because she was viewed as "too asian" and wasn't gettin any love in the tv world. Her parents supported her fully and were even "proud" of what she did.

Idk you tell me
I'm Chinese and me and my fam aren't like that

People can do whatever they want with their own bodies. Doesn't concern me.

Back
Top Bottom