Asian Culture Discussion Thread

:lol: damn this thread is all over the place. despite the trolling, the sarcasm, and the high amounts of talking across each other, i hope no bans are issued.

do we need to protect Asian elders. hell yes we do.
do we need to perpetuate the criminalization of Black communities in the process? no.

JPS JPS right tho, mids are trash

200.gif

i thought this conversation could turn into something more positive. i was obviously wrong.

It still can. I couldn’t tell if you were being sarcastic or not and you refuse to elaborate.

Here is some positivity although I fear that her existence upsets some to no end...

84638E90-7427-4E69-B35C-4DEADCD3BB4D.jpeg

she’s killing at the Australian open right now

Funny how there is a lot of Asian hate in the states.

- if it wasn't for Covid, the US would be invading Iran for oil by now

- the economy would not have tanked and Trump would have won for a second term

Bizarro World

Followup:
Seriously, this is the official response?!?!
“Serve and Protect” mean anything anymore?!?!
Outrageous. Victims be harmed and dead waiting for response.

Rank and File objected to the Stupidity.
Top Brass forget and become Politicians.

:angry:

Sidenote, I'm planning a photo walk of SF Chinatown to how much the pandemic has changed everything within that area of San Francisco. I've been taking walks through there during my lunch break and it's so dead. Also read about how there is only one Chinese banquet style restaurant left in Chinatown. Crazy stuff.

Sidenote, I'm planning a photo walk of SF Chinatown to how much the pandemic has changed everything within that area of San Francisco. I've been taking walks through there during my lunch break and it's so dead. Also read about how there is only one Chinese banquet style restaurant left in Chinatown. Crazy stuff.
walking from downtown through chinatown and into north beach was weird. it really is a ghostown in the city. especially, the parts where tourists shops are. the local areas are still packed.

In regard to the Lum v. Rice case, it is sort of misrepresented, as it was not a challenge to racism. I wonder if the authors of the meme knew that?

That said, it was not until Brown v. Board of Ed that the issue of separate but equal was challenged, then overturned. It also allowed people like Lum's daughter, to attend the school of her choice. However, Lum's challenge would have preserved racism and Jim Crow, while allowing Lum's family a smidgen of white privilege. Thurgood Marshall was one of the lawyers on the Brown v. Board of Ed case. This was a fight that was being had in regard to the challenge to end racial SEGREGATION, most notably, for Black people. However with the challenge to this law, all other minorities in the US also gained freedom from those Jim Crow laws, those that governed much of US.

It seems that whenever Black people gain a bit of freedom, we also pull others along for the ride.

This is a fact, and it seems that it is often forgotten.

walking from downtown through chinatown and into north beach was weird. it really is a ghostown in the city. especially, the parts where tourists shops are. the local areas are still packed.

Having used to work long time ago SF Downtown Financial District, would be in and around the area for business and Personal. Sad to hear the ill effects of lockdown. Have seen some news vids, but look forward to seeing the pics even to see the drastic change.
:((

Back
Top Bottom