Asics Love?!? Where is it?

more images of the suspect Alvins. Anyone else have an opinion on these?
These look pretty much identical to the pair I copped directly from SF. Hard to tell exactly from these photos, but the shades of purple are pretty much on point. As mentioned before, it's not out of the question to get a pair of GLIII's with toe boxes that don't match up. Stitching looks fine too. If you grabbed them from someone on the SF forum, I wouldn't be worried - They look fine.

Better side of the pair for today's workwear.

Nice, I'll be hunting these down soon

Asics changed the sizings a few weeks ago, but i dont know if this was already the case when the cockatoos were released.
Damn, this new sizing is really confusing lol. 

My old sizing was US12/45,5EU/29.5CM 

So if I want cockatoo's I'll need US13/EU46/29.5CM I guess?

Would it be best to just look at the CM?

Anyone have pictures of 100% fake reissue Alvins? Quality is already low I can't believe they could make em crappier...plus can't you find them for retail or lower? Are there a lot of fakes of shoes that have no resell value?

Both pairs finally came today from kith.
Really pleased with the denim pack. Went half sz up from TTS and still felt abit tight for GLV with a thumb space at the toebox. GLIII fit nice though.

Additional lace for my GLIII but not the V.

What's the sizing standard on the iii and v? Half size up on both? I went TTS on the Offspring and goretex ice v's and both are pretty snug bc of the liner.

Last edited:
What's the sizing standard on the iii and v? Half size up on both? I recently picked up the Offspring anniversary and the goretex v's. Both have a pretty big lace gap across my foot. Would going up 1/2 size help with that? Picked up the white denim iii but haven't tried those on.

Depending on your feet... Im TTS for both. Some have gone .5 up.

It depends what you consider your true size. When I bought primarily Nike Air Maxes I thought that was my true size, which is the same as my Asics GL3/5 size, but most of my other brand kicks (Saucony, NB, Adidas, Puma, Reebok, Diadora, Brooks) are half size smaller. Now I consider those my true size.

I guess TTS is obtained using that foot measuring device no? And foot arch + plays a part too (especially Asics imo). Sizing half up than my usual and can feel my arch side (inner foot) bulging. I will say GLV is more narrow and longer than GLIII. Ref: Saucony grid SD fits the best for my TTS.

Damn, this new sizing is really confusing lol. 

My old sizing was US12/45,5EU/29.5CM 

So if I want cockatoo's I'll need US13/EU46/29.5CM I guess?

Would it be best to just look at the CM?
Link to new sizing?
I havent purchased any pair with the new sizing, but i think i will go with the cm.

https://www.thegoodwillout.de/asics-gel-lyte-iii-bright-pack-schwarz-tuerkis-h6z0l-9090 e.g.

Sizing has been changed for the respector and Vs as well..

Last edited:
What's the sizing standard on the iii and v? Half size up on both? I went TTS on the Offspring and goretex ice v's and both are pretty snug bc of the liner.
I think most people .5 up on the GL3s and Vs. It's kinda like asking who goes TTS with Flyknit Racers and Ultra Boost; you're going to get varying responses. By the sounds of it, you should/need to .5 up. Only real exceptions to the rule typically are, if if it's leather lined, the .5 size upers go TTS. Or of you're TTS in say the GLVs and they're Gortex, a healthy majority will .5 up. 

Of course, at the end of the day, it's all a matter of preference and/or the materials used. Personally, I .5 up with FKRs, UBs, and GL3(except leather lined I go TTS)/GLVs. That said,  I can fit TTS in all the aforementioned, albeit some snugger than others but I can make it work. Sometimes to make them more comfortable it's just a matter of changing my socks to something thinner like a Stance Super Invisible sock.

I go TTS in GL3 and GLV and that's with my Nike runner/UB size. Some people don't mind getting extra space in the toe just to get a slightly wider shoe by sizing up.  I don't like having the extra space so I usually wear thinner socks if I feel a shoe is narrow.

Back
Top Bottom