Asics Love?!? Where is it?

My favorite dad shoe of all time
smokin.gif

Need more sagas

Ive always wondered if boutiques get to pick what model they want to work on, or if asicshq just throws whatever theyre trying to push on them

But yes more sagas, and GTIIs please

Last edited:
Ive always wondered if boutiques get to pick what model they want to work on, or if asicshq just throws whatever theyre trying to push on them

For the most part, asics just throws whatever model they're trying to push on them. A local NYC shop that I'm cool with was in talks with asics about a collab. They wanted to do a gt2 but at the time asics was trying to get them to do a kayano or something like that. Can't remember the exact model.. Anyway the shop didn't won't up doing it

Last edited:

I know a guy that owns a chain of boutiques that does collabs every so often and it's usually the shoe company offering up a certain model and seeing if they're interested (I.e. We're trying to gain exposure for this model or it's an anniversary for the model etc.) and then they'll decide if they want to do it.

But I'm certain that some of the heavy hitters with a long history of successful drops for a certain brand like Ronnie with asics or concepts with NB have more pull on the model.

I forgot to mention one of the the more interesting parts of it. The shops will often counter the offer and ask if they can do a popular model like a GL3 or a 998/997 or UB or something like that. The shoe companies will usually tell them they can do the model they want dependent on how well they do with the first model.

The guy I know had it happen twice where the first model didn't sell that well and so he never got to do the model he wanted.

here's a screenshot i did of the reissue vs the original

also it is definitely a gel lyte II and not a gel lyte I (aka AP gel lyte)...i wonder if Asics is marketing this as a gel lyte I, which it is not

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom