Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Got to love it when a retailer gets a late shipment… IMG_7635.jpg

Little sizing advice. Looking to purchase the HAL Brick and Mortar GL3s. They're an older release so I'm assuming go up half a size? Just want to get it right since it'll be a pricey purchase.

For reference, I tried on a new pair of GL3, the OG Baked Pink pair, and they fit perfectly true to size.

4D0F8950-67D8-45F9-882F-8F54A026B1C2.jpeg

Just ordered 3 pairs from sneaker politics and a filler item to get free shipping. Thoughts?

4D0F8950-67D8-45F9-882F-8F54A026B1C2.jpeg

Just ordered 3 pairs from sneaker politics and a filler item to get free shipping. Thoughts?

My thought is you need an intervention, and I'm not being facetious.

I say this for your own good - step away from NT for a while. You're in so many threads asking for opinions and tacit approval of complete strangers on hundreds of dollars of random purchases. Get through the holidays and maybe come back on here in like Feb. If you find yourself still buying random-*** GRs over the next few months, determine whether you're actually wearing them and IF you'll ever wear them enough to make the purchase worth it. At least come up with some semblance of a reason for WHY you're buying this stuff.

You've been a member here about as long as I have, but for some reason within the last month or so you've gone ham on "Should I buy these?" / "Is this a good deal?" / "I just bought these - what do you all think?" posts that I'm wondering what you were doing on NT for the last 8 years because (and I truly mean no offense by this) you sound like a 16 year old who just started his first job and is blowing every cent he's making on random ****.

If you have a ton of cash you don't mind blowing on kicks, well, go to town. But I've been where you are, spending lots of money on a zillion pairs of sale sneakers thinking I'm getting a deal while I'm actually going broke. Took me a real hard look at myself and some lucky financial breaks to come out OK, but now I look at a (literal) room full of sneakers and am thinking it's about time for me to "retire" from this stuff myself. You seem like a genuinely decent person based on your posts, and I just don't want to see you get hurt by an addiction based on dopamine rushes from "finding a steal" and getting NT "rep" cred.

My thought is you need an intervention, and I'm not being facetious.

I say this for your own good - step away from NT for a while. You're in so many threads asking for opinions and tacit approval of complete strangers on hundreds of dollars of random purchases. Get through the holidays and maybe come back on here in like Feb. If you find yourself still buying random-*** GRs over the next few months, determine whether you're actually wearing them and IF you'll ever wear them enough to make the purchase worth it. At least come up with some semblance of a reason for WHY you're buying this stuff.

You've been a member here about as long as I have, but for some reason within the last month or so you've gone ham on "Should I buy these?" / "Is this a good deal?" / "I just bought these - what do you all think?" posts that I'm wondering what you were doing on NT for the last 8 years because (and I truly mean no offense by this) you sound like a 16 year old who just started his first job and is blowing every cent he's making on random ****.

If you have a ton of cash you don't mind blowing on kicks, well, go to town. But I've been where you are, spending lots of money on a zillion pairs of sale sneakers thinking I'm getting a deal while I'm actually going broke. Took me a real hard look at myself and some lucky financial breaks to come out OK, but now I look at a (literal) room full of sneakers and am thinking it's about time for me to "retire" from this stuff myself. You seem like a genuinely decent person based on your posts, and I just don't want to see you get hurt by an addiction based on dopamine rushes from "finding a steal" and getting NT "rep" cred.
Well said and I think we all get the dopamine hit but the buyer's remorse is real and especially around the holidays, it's very easy to get sucked in.

Ok so buying my favorite sneaker is such a big deal? The guy on reddit whos trying to own all 30 pairs of the palette must really need an intervention then?
9EAE8653-7CAB-4820-AF60-5BBC74D1B09D.jpeg

It seems everytime i make a purchase i get chastised. The aquas i have wanted for months and been looking for a price other than 110 so i pulled the trigger on them without much thought, i was a big fan of changing the seasons vol 1 pack which i had both pairs, ive been wanting "winter" and "spring" and been waiting for a deal and this the first time i seen them on such a good sale.
And the reason why im buying more sneakers is i quit smoking cigs and weed, that alone costed me a pair of kicks a week minimum. So i found something that is somewhat addictive but not bad for my health.

I must admit I'm disappointed in these replies for someone who loves asics and is supporting them in an asics love thread and gets hate in return is unfathomable.

Ok so buying my favorite sneaker is such a big deal? The guy on reddit whos trying to own all 30 pairs of the palette must really need an intervention then?
9EAE8653-7CAB-4820-AF60-5BBC74D1B09D.jpeg

It seems everytime i make a purchase i get chastised. The aquas i have wanted for months and been looking for a price other than 110 so i pulled the trigger on them without much thought, i was a big fan of changing the seasons vol 1 pack which i had both pairs, ive been wanting "winter" and "spring" and been waiting for a deal and this the first time i seen them on such a good sale.
And the reason why im buying more sneakers is i quit smoking cigs and weed, that alone costed me a pair of kicks a week minimum. So i found something that is somewhat addictive but not bad for my health.
I've been staying out of this because how a person spends their money isn't my business, but I just want to give me two cents here.

The reason people comment on your spending/pickups is because you seem to buy pairs that you don't really like/know about, or you'll buy something and then post on NT to find some kind of validation. I've seen a lot of posts here and in the NB thread along the lines of:

"I just bought so-and-so pair(s), how did I do?"
"I don't know a lot about this designer/collaborator, but I entered the draw anyway"
"I don't know if I really like this pair, but I'm trying to cop anyway"

Again, how you spend your money is none of my business. So, if buying shoes isn't negatively affecting your financial well-being or life, great! Keep doing you, especially if it's keeping you from more harmful addictions. I just think you need to take a step back and evaluate if this making you happy, or if you are only in it for internet cred.

In the end, this is just my perspective from a bystander/fellow Asics head.

I've been staying out of this because how a person spends their money isn't my business, but I just want to give me two cents here.

The reason people comment on your spending/pickups is because you seem to buy pairs that you don't really like/know about, or you'll buy something and then post on NT to find some kind of validation. I've seen a lot of posts here and in the NB thread along the lines of:

"I just bought so-and-so pair(s), how did I do?"
"I don't know a lot about this designer/collaborator, but I entered the draw anyway"
"I don't know if I really like this pair, but I'm trying to cop anyway"

Again, how you spend your money is none of my business. So, if buying shoes isn't negatively affecting your financial well-being or life, great! Keep doing you, especially if it's keeping you from more harmful addictions. I just think you need to take a step back and evaluate if this making you happy, or if you are only in it for internet cred.

In the end, this is just my perspective from a bystander/fellow Asics head.
Admittedly I do deserve all the NB purchase hate, as ive said 17 million times i never bought a pair of nb in my life i dont like them and entered a raffle mistakenly after taking an L on SNKRS just wasnt thinking and then regretted it soon after, but asics is all i wear besides jordans since 2014! I love them and everyone who despises me because of my love for them will not effect me.

Since i feel obligated to explain further about my recent purchases (NB WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE THAT WHOLE SITUATION JUST WAS TAKEN OUT OF PROPORTION).

From 2014-2019/2020 i wore size 11.5 in gel lyte iii, then for some reason i felt a pair was a lil tight and then began buying size 12 from 2020 till a few months ago.

I realized 11.5 is my TTS and became upset because i wanted to get rid of every single pair of size 12 i had ( and i basically GAVE them away for the prices i sold them at btw) to restart a new collection of size 11.5's.

So I was trying to make a "buck" to get some of the money back i was losing reselling my size 12s but ive never been a reseller and said ill "try" it and yes selected nb as my first "attempt" which now ive been constantly reminded of. I wear everything i buy. I only sell them later on used if i get bored of them.

Back to my sizing issue, now that im so happy i found the "perfect" fit i just want 10-15 pairs to have because i got rid of all my size 12s.

Back
Top Bottom