Ask the Barber

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

You just go with the grain on waves ... its really not hard.
laugh.gif
 I have solid waves I know.
I wanted to see if someone would throw out some random barber from NY or something 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

You just go with the grain on waves ... its really not hard.

This is correct, don't go against the grain! 
I've done both and as long as your waves are really good and set in, there is no real difference besides hair evenness. 
pimp.gif

Yeah you can do both. Even when I have gone against the grain, I come back and go with the grain so the hair lays flat.

MrYoungMoney what part of the metroplex is your shop located?
Cut my hair and my two sons. After cutting them I dont feel like cutting my own hair.

Any barber recommendations in Chicago? Loop or surrounding neighborhoods. Im black if that matters. Thank you!

I have straight hair and usually I just get it buzzed with a 3 on top, 2 sides. But I can't go to my usual shop this weekend and need it cut ASAP lol, if I go to like a Best Cuts or whatever should I just ask them to shape it up to clean up the sides? Like my hair is wolf man long (not that bad really) so my line up is kinda messed up haha.

Originally Posted by BronLe

21dcb5d7-105a-4478-8004-9e58331fd5e6.jpg

What's Nate Robinson's haircut called in this pic? It's like an afro but faded at the sides...

Same as this?

I went to the place that he gets his hair cut once. Id rather try my luck with the Korean lady at Great Wall. I never knew black people could be so racist. My question is, have you ever told an Asian customer that a taper is 'for us black folk' and that he would 'be better off with the Bruce lee' ?

Originally Posted by 2o6

What's Nate Robinson's haircut called in this pic? It's like an afro but faded at the sides...

Same as this?

I went to the place that he gets his hair cut once. Id rather try my luck with the Korean lady at Great Wall. I never knew black people could be so racist. My question is, have you ever told an Asian customer that a taper is 'for us black folk' and that he would 'be better off with the Bruce lee' ?

That's ridiculous, i've seen mad asian dudes with tapers/fades.  That's super unprofessional and a sign of a garbage barber.

Originally Posted by 2o6

Wow 
laugh.gif
.  You should hit up Nate on twitter and tell him his barber is a douche.  I'm Asian and I used to rock that haircut for a few years.  

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by 2o6

Same as this?

That's ridiculous, i've seen mad asian dudes with tapers/fades.  That's super unprofessional and a sign of a garbage barber.
Where is this barber? I'm assuming Downtown Oakland because he plays for the Warriors now.

Originally Posted by 2o6

Same as this?

so much irony in this statement

Originally Posted by HTXMade

How to taper my neck & sideburns effectively?
I wanna know this too, I find it hard to do on my own head, too much trouble holding a mirror and a set of clippers and trying to cut carefully at the same time

NT barbers, what are the clippers called that even/smooth all the hair out?

After the initial cut is done its used like a buffer if you will.

I hope this is making sense
laugh.gif

Im black btw

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

Black%20Man%20Natural%20Hair%20Style,%20black.jpg

so i want my hair to look like that i mean texture and everything
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm noticing that black dudes wearing their hair "as it was meant to be worn" is starting to come back in style. Longer hair, more unkempt, etc.

Back
Top Bottom