at least 80 killed in Norway shooting; bombing

Some of those pictures with the kids all dead along the shores
30t6p3b.gif
...thats seriosly messed up. The way they described it saying the killer shot them them, then made sure they were dead by shooting them in the head with a shotgun. How are people so demented

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

why are we talking about muslims when this guy was a christian fundamentalist?

because a person tried to make it a point that he wasnt muslim.

What I don't get is why people think they can just take away innocent people lives (This attack, 9/11, VT massacre, etc...), no matter what political agenda or religious views you have, they do not deserve to be killed. It's sick. 

Originally Posted by skillz

He was a NAZI!!

http://www.crimeblitznews...-anders-behring-breivik/

This story is misleading.  I doubt that he was officially a Nazi.  He often compared Muslims to Nazis.
Had Western Europe and the U.S. decided to imprison all Marxists (Nazis and Marxists) after WW2 and swearing Marxist principles of hate ideology similar to Nazism, we had never been in the current situation.
And then we have the relationship between conservative Muslims and so-called "moderate Muslims".
There is moderate Nazis, too, that does not support fumigation of rooms and Jews. But they're still Nazis and will only sit and watch as the conservatives Nazis strike (if it ever happens). If we accept the moderate Nazis as long as they distance themselves from the fumigation of rooms and Jews?

For me it is very hypocritical to treat Muslims, Nazis and Marxists differ. They are all supporters of hate-ideologies. Not all Muslims, Nazis and Marxists are conservative, most are moderate. But does it matter? A moderate Nazi might, after having experienced fraud, choose to be conservative. A moderate Muslim can, after being refused to enter a club, be conservative, etc.
Had Western Europe and the U.S. decided to imprison all Marxists (Nazis and Marxists) after WW2 and swearing Marxist principles of hate ideology similar to Nazism, we had never been in the current situation.
These are quotes from posts from him  on forums from 2009 to 2010.
If you want to understand him and his motivations, check his own posts.

http://translate.google.c...nders-behring-breivik%2F

Originally Posted by Demps

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

why are we talking about muslims when this guy was a christian fundamentalist?

because a person tried to make it a point that he wasnt muslim.

The whole world thought it was Muslims that carried out the attacks in the beginning and unfortunately a lot of people who haven't updated themselves on the situation still think it is

http://translate.google.n...l.php%3Fartid%3D10080671

He wrote a 1500 page manifesto and sent it to various Finnish politicians.

Evidently his main issues are with Muslim immigrants and Marxists.
The manifesto is characterized by strong nationalist and anti-Muslim attitudes, and acts as a declaration of war against what he describes as the kulturmarxistiske elite in Europe.

The document goes into detail about how the so-called the Knights Templar to prepare a revolution and a new world war in Europe.

Knights Templar is an order within the Masonic movement, which among other things, had important functions during the Christian Crusades. Breivik was a former member of the Masonic Order, but was under great champion excluded with immediate effect after the attacks.

The most amount of years allowed in Norway for ANY crime is only 21 years.........WHAT THE %@%% WERE THEY THINKING?

By the time the trumpets sound, the candles have been lit and the salmon platters garnished. Harald V, King of Norway, enters the room, and 200 guests stand to greet him. Then a chorus of 30 men and women, each wearing a blue police uniform, launches into a spirited rendition of "We Are the World." This isn't cabaret night at Oslo's Royal Palace. It's a gala to inaugurate Halden Fengsel, Norway's newest prison.

Ten years and 1.5 billion Norwegian kroner ($252 million) in the making, Halden is spread over 75 acres (30 hectares) of gently sloping forest in southeastern Norway. The facility boasts amenities like a sound studio, jogging trails and a freestanding two-bedroom house where inmates can host their families during overnight visits. Unlike many American prisons, the air isn't tinged with the smell of sweat and urine. Instead, the scent of orange sorbet emanates from the "kitchen laboratory" where inmates take cooking courses. "In the Norwegian prison system, there's a focus on human rights and respect," says Are Hoidal, the prison's governor. "We don't see any of this as unusual."(See the top 10 crime stories of 2009.)

Halden, Norway's second largest prison, with a capacity of 252 inmates, opened on April 8. It embodies the guiding principles of the country's penal system: that repressive prisons do not work and that treating prisoners humanely boosts their chances of reintegrating into society. "When they arrive, many of them are in bad shape," Hoidal says, noting that Halden houses drug dealers, murderers and rapists, among others. "We want to build them up, give them confidence through education and work and have them leave as better people." Countries track recidivism rates differently, but even an imperfect comparison suggests the Norwegian model works. Within two years of their release, 20% of Norway's prisoners end up back in jail. In the U.K. and the U.S., the figure hovers between 50% and 60%. Of course, a low level of criminality gives Norway a massive advantage. Its prison roll lists a mere 3,300, or 69 per 100,000 people, compared with 2.3 million in the U.S., or 753 per 100,000 — the highest rate in the world.(See the world's most influential people in the 2010 TIME 100.)

Design plays a key role in Halden's rehabilitation efforts. "The most important thing is that the prison looks as much like the outside world as possible," says Hans Henrik Hoilund, one of the prison's architects. To avoid an institutional feel, exteriors are not concrete but made of bricks, galvanized steel and larch; the buildings seem to have grown organically from the woodlands. And while there is one obvious symbol of incarceration — a 20-ft. (6 m) concrete security wall along the prison's perimeter — trees obscure it, and its top has been rounded off, Hoilund says, "so it isn't too hostile."(See the 25 crimes of the century.)

The cells rival well-appointed college dorm rooms, with their flat-screen TVs and minifridges. Designers chose long vertical windows for the rooms because they let in more sunlight. There are no bars. Every 10 to 12 cells share a living room and kitchen. With their stainless-steel countertops, wraparound sofas and birch-colored coffee tables, they resemble Ikea showrooms.

Halden's greatest asset, though, may be the strong relationship between staff and inmates. Prison guards don't carry guns — that creates unnecessary intimidation and social distance — and they routinely eat meals and play sports with the inmates. "Many of the prisoners come from bad homes, so we wanted to create a sense of family," says architect Per Hojgaard Nielsen. Half the guards are women — Hoidal believes this decreases aggression — and prisoners receive questionnaires asking how their experience in prison can be improved.

There's plenty of enthusiasm for transforming lives. "None of us were forced to work here. We chose to," says Charlott-Renee Sandvik Clasen, a music teacher in the prison and a member of Halden's security-guard chorus. "Our goal is to give all the prisoners — we call them our pupils — a meaningful life inside these walls." It's warmth like that, not the expensive television sets, that will likely have the most lasting impact.

halden2.jpg
halden-prison4.jpg
halden.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1986002,00.html#ixzz1SyXu24B5

Not saying Amy dying isn't sad either, but it always says a lot to me about human nature when 90 people die in a terrorist attack in a foreign place the thread is 6 pages but the thread about a singer is twice that.

Can't imagine how those parents feel
tired.gif

92 +%%#+$ youth campers... my god... clinically executed mass masacre... disgusting... he deserves to be forcibly raped for 23 hrs a day with men teeming with stds for as long as he lives

im talkin hook him to an IV and make sure he survives as longgggg as possible... then the dude from law abiding citizen should get his hands on him

im sick...
30t6p3b.gif

This is disgusting. I'm at a lost for words, the way he manipulated the horrendous ordeal by screaming out to little kids "I'm the police, it's ok to come out" than shooting them to death is sickening. I hope this guy suffers in prison for years to come. He surely will burn in hell. RIP to the dead.

interesting how they managed to catch him alive
when it looks like he was really hostile..

rip to all the victims

This is just disgusting. RIP to the victims.

There's one article up which says he used MW2 as "training".
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

indifferent.gif
When you mentioned this, I just remembered how that one Airplane level is eerily similar to what happened.
I hope the families are okay, this is so devastating.

I read somewhere that he is going to talk to lawyers tomorrow and go more in depth on why he did this.

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

indifferent.gif
When you mentioned this, I just remembered how that one Airplane level is eerily similar to what happened.
I hope the families are okay, this is so devastating.

I read somewhere that he is going to talk to lawyers tomorrow and go more in depth on why he did this.

EXACT same thing I thought when I read that he liked/played MW2.  
Damn shame--that's what this is.  A damn shame.  
tired.gif

Absolutely disgusting
30t6p3b.gif
R.I.P to everyone lost, ALL killings of innocent people on any scale is horrible and sick.

They should just fly him over to Texas and give him the chair ASAP.

If he is anti-Muslim, why didnt he target Muslims? how come he killed Christian children of his own country?? It would not surprise me at all if we find out jihadists were behind this in order to get sympathy for muslims.
[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom