AT&T Scales Back Throttling of Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans

not even newsworthy for me as i got rid of ATT long ago because the throttling was unbearable :smh:
this.

Cats was throttling to dial up speeds b :smh:

Never had a complaint about their coverage or anything but that throttle to disrespectful speeds had me feeling some type of way.

Been with AT&T (or an incarnation of it) for over 20 years. They give me all sorts of goodies for being such a loyal customer. I'm never leaving them.

I remember when I upgraded for ata&t to get a 4s they made me drop my grand fathered plan of unlimited data, ever since I switched I'm much happier

I remember when I upgraded for ata&t to get a 4s they made me drop my grand fathered plan of unlimited data, ever since I switched I'm much happier

Tell them **** no and they'll make it so you don't have to. Those workers are masters of fine print. You don't have to do anything

I've been rocking a 4s for the longest time. Grandfathered into an unlimited data plan with Verizon. Last time I inquired with them, if I do an upgrade, I lose the unlimited data. Any way around this???

I've been rocking a 4s for the longest time. Grandfathered into an unlimited data plan with Verizon. Last time I inquired with them, if I do an upgrade, I lose the unlimited data. Any way around this???

BUY NEW PHONE. TRANSPLANT SIM FROM OLD PHONE. PROSPER?

Does Verizon not just allow you to transfer the old plan to a new phone? That's dumb. It's simple when you get a new phone with AT&T, especially with an iPhone. You just buy the phone, plug into iTunes, register it and transfer your old account to the new one and it's done.

Complain. They tried that ******** on me I told them **** no. You don't have to sign a new anything

Last edited:
AT&T is the best cellular service carrier easily. They tax but you'll always have service. ALWAYS and the Internet speed has always been on point.

They sucked when I was with them. That was a while ago though.

Does Verizon not just allow you to transfer the old plan to a new phone? That's dumb. It's simple when you get a new phone with AT&T, especially with an iPhone. You just buy the phone, plug into iTunes, register it and transfer your old account to the new one and it's done.

That's how you set up a new iphone on verizon also. They just try to take away people's unlimited data. I remember people saying you needed to pay the full price of the phone to keep unlimited when you upgrade.

That's how you set up a new iphone on verizon also. They just try to take away people's unlimited data. I remember people saying you needed to pay the full price of the phone to keep unlimited when you upgrade.

they get you by activating the device in the store instead of doing it at home.

I'm grandfathered in with AT&T and have no complaints when it comes to service but the throttling does suck. I rather that happened then get charged extra.

giphy.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Going to run up ridiculous data rates for no reason at all. 

Now every cell tower is going to be "congested".

I still am a faithful grandfathered unlimited data member. We still eating for $30 a month.

^

Congested towers usually result in slower speeds, right? It's be pretty easy to call their bluff if they were lying.

Been with AT&T (or an incarnation of it) for over 20 years. They give me all sorts of goodies for being such a loyal customer. I'm never leaving them.

man, I been with them since 2004 and never get anything even when I call and ask for a hookup on something :smh:

Like what??? :nerd:
Let me know so I can call and get hookups

To be honest, I'm not really sure. I went in there recently to get a new phone (upgrade), and the guy was looking at my account and had this puzzled look on his face. I asked what was up, and he said "I've never seen some of this before". Grandfathered into a bunch of stuff (like unlimited data, of course), plus still have an employer discount (20% for a company I haven't worked for in years) still applied that they don't ask questions about. I have absolutely no reason to leave AT&T.

Unlimited data till the death of me :smokin

Stream that iTunes radio all day at work with no hesitation :smokin

Back
Top Bottom