ATTACK ON ASIANS THREAD #STOPASIANHATE

Police are searching for a woman who punched a 74-year-old woman in the face in Midtown, Manhattan​

Last edited:
Im not saying it was justified at all.
I'm saying that there was enough ammo for the average joe to go and attack Japanese/Muslims because anger in the mass public.

This is how America treated Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor.
forced-internment-japanese-americans.jpg

I guess youve never heard of guantanamo. You really think all those people were guilty of something?

And that wasnt "enough ammo" to start attacking innocent people. The same ignorance that rallied people then is doing the same for antiasian violence now.

Last edited:
I guess youve never heard of guantanamo. You really think all those people were guilty of something?

And that wasnt "enough ammo" to start attacking innocent people. The same ignorance that rallied people then is doing the same tor antiasian violence now.
i dont even know what you're trying to argue but its cool.

I still can’t believe black folks are doing this. How lost can a person be???

I would believe this hatred for Asians was solely a COVID thing if it was not for incidents of this one.

I just aint never heard any hard *** San Fran ******, but I heard Asians banging hard over there. I wonder if thats has anything to do with.

TL:DR Those were some BANs that don’t represent the black community.

I just aint never heard any hard *** San Fran ******, but I heard Asians banging hard over there. I wonder if thats has anything to do with.

TL:DR Those were some BANs that don’t represent the black community.
Of course.
Any attackers of any race should be treated as individuals and never should be viewed as a representation of the race as a whole.

Or are you saying that these people who are robbing , attacking, and killing asians are solely because of revenge for covid??

That's what I gathered. One of the main reasons folks were cringing when Trump called it the China virus. That's all the ammo these people needed to identify a scapegoat.

SF DA Brooke Jenkins to review anti-Asian attacks reported under ousted predecessor Chesa Boudin​

One case was an assault of a Chinese immigrant who had been collecting recyclable cans. While Boudin charged his actual assailant, a second man who used hateful language while filming the incident got away; Jenkins thinks the office could have pushed for hate crime charges.

SF DA Brooke Jenkins to review anti-Asian attacks reported under ousted predecessor Chesa Boudin​

One case was an assault of a Chinese immigrant who had been collecting recyclable cans. While Boudin charged his actual assailant, a second man who used hateful language while filming the incident got away; Jenkins thinks the office could have pushed for hate crime charges.
Based on the recent reports on this new DA, many believe they won't be doing much either. Let's hope.

2nd suspect arrested after couple pistol-whipped, Rolex stolen in robbery at Rowland Heights market​

ROWLAND HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- A second suspect was arrested in connection with an armed robbery outside a 99 Ranch Market in Rowland Heights in which a man and a woman were pistol-whipped and had a $60,000 Rolex watch stolen from them.

Dangelo Thomas, 25, was arrested Wednesday for robbery, being a felon in possession of a firearm and a parole violation, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriffs' Department.

This comes two weeks after 21-year-old Demoryie Watts was also arrested in connection to the crime.

The robbery occurred on July 9 in the parking lot of the market, as a man and woman were loading items into their car after shopping. The suspects, both of them armed, attacked the couple and took the man's Rolex watch, the sheriff's department reported.

The daytime attack was captured on video, and authorities credit the footage to helping them in their investigation.

California detectives don’t play and having things on video is pretty much only a matter of time when an arrest will occur. I got a 99Ranch store nearby and they always have armed security guards.

Racism is a crazy concept - i legit can’t believe we’re in 2022 and the world still has to deal with it..it’s so sad because one incident like that simply can change the entire tenor of how someone feels in this country. i’d be okay with a public beating for people that do stuff like this - we needa bring back some more medieval levels of punishment.

Duo charged for pistol-whipping, robbing Asian couple of $60K Rolex at 99 Ranch in Rowland Heights​

• Two men accused of pistol-whipping and robbing an Asian couple of a $60,000 Rolex watch at a 99 Ranch Market in Rowland Heights, California, in July were formally charged this week.
  • Demoryie Watts, 21, and Dangelo Thomas, 25, were also charged for a series of other daytime robberies in Glendale, Fullerton, La Puente, Rosemead and Temple City over the past five months.
  • In addition to robbery and elder abuse, Watts and Thomas, who were both on parole, also face “special allegations of personally using a firearm.”
  • A third suspect, 21-year-old Eric Burham, was charged for his role in one robbery in May.

NYC man charged with hate crimes for headbutting Asian victim because he’s ‘Chinese’​

• A man accused of headbutting an Asian man in an unprovoked attack in Queens, New York City, in July has been charged with hate crimes.
  • Rudy Coslopez, 41, allegedly approached the 22-year-old victim on Steinway Street near 34th Ave. in Astoria on July 12 at around 8:55 p.m. and headbutted him, chipping the victim’s tooth.
  • The attack occurred less than 24 hours after another Asian victim was kicked in the hip and told to “get out of this country” in Chelsea.
  • On Tuesday, police announced that he has been charged with assault as a hate crime, aggravated harassment as a hate crime and assault.
A man accused of headbutting an Asian man in an unprovoked attack in Queens, New York City, in July has been charged with hate crimes.

I'd love to see some recent statistics on violent crime in general, because it seems like this country has become more violent. I'm not sure if it seems that way because of the way it's being reported, there's actually more violent crime or something else. But it seems like it's getting uglier out there, generally speaking.

I'd love to see some recent statistics on violent crime in general, because it seems like this country has become more violent. I'm not sure if it seems that way because of the way it's being reported, there's actually more violent crime or something else. But it seems like it's getting uglier out there, generally speaking.
Yeah and I honestly don't see and end to the violence. I honestly feel like in the 2000s the country as a whole was starting to get better and in the 2010s its snowballed to how it is now. Maybe I'm just having a misconception and not seeing the data and facts because I would want to see that too but it certainly "feels" that way to me.

If I was financially well off, I would have no problem moving out of country. I live in the Portland, OR area and gun violence has doubled and tripled from a few years ago its sickening.

Or are you saying that these people who are robbing , attacking, and killing asians are solely because of revenge for covid??

Because that would be an interesting conversation to have.

I assumed that was the 'reason' the majority of this was happening...

Regardless though the level of violence in these attacks is horrific :smh:

What do you think it's down to?

Back
Top Bottom