January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched the Punk match in years. I remember thinking it was incredible at the time.

I think this year’s Elimination Chamber match with Kofi would be way up there if he won. I hadn’t seen a crowd fully behind someone like that since Daniel Bryan turning on Bray Wyatt

How many sellouts did NWA-TNA/Impact have in their first year of operation?

In any years of operation? :lol:

You mean back in 2002 when wrestling was entering a severe down turn in interest?..Back in 2002 when all of WWE's competition had been bought and there weren't any places for talent to go and be paid a fair wage?..Back in 2002 when the internet wasn't 1/100th of what it is right now?..Back in 2002 when there wasn't a massive social media presence/Youtube like there is today?..Back in 2002 when NWA-TNA didn't have a MULTI-BILLIONAIRE backing their company?..Back in 2002 when NWA-TNA wasn't on major TV Network like AEW?..Back in 2002 when their big name was Jeff Jarrett?..

Gimme a break with that super duper weak comparison..About the only thing you can compare AEW to is WCW..And I'm pretty sure WCW was very successful when their first Nitro aired and for several years after..But then look what happened to WCW..So AGAIN I'll say, let's see what happens after the shiny new toy affect has worn off..Let's see what happens when AEW loses a major talent to WWE or NJPW..Let's see what happens when their story lines aren't super cool like their 20 minute YouTube videos and fans start tuning out..Let's just wait and see what happens when the dust settles..

You mean back in 2002 when wrestling was entering a severe down turn in interest?..Back in 2002 when all of WWE's competition had been bought and there weren't any places for talent to go and be paid a fair wage?..Back in 2002 when the internet wasn't 1/100th of what it is right now?..Back in 2002 when there wasn't a massive social media presence/Youtube like there is today?..Back in 2002 when NWA-TNA didn't have a MULTI-BILLIONAIRE backing their company?..Back in 2002 when NWA-TNA wasn't on major TV Network like AEW?..Back in 2002 when their big name was Jeff Jarrett?..

Gimme a break with that super duper weak comparison..About the only thing you can compare AEW to is WCW..And I'm pretty sure WCW was very successful when their first Nitro aired and for several years after..But then look what happened to WCW..So AGAIN I'll say, let's see what happens after the shiny new toy affect has worn off..Let's see what happens when AEW loses a major talent to WWE or NJPW..Let's see what happens when their story lines aren't super cool like their 20 minute YouTube videos and fans start tuning out..Let's just wait and see what happens when the dust settles..
Thank you Big Case Case for being a realist.

Thank you Big Case Case for being a realist.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I really really want RootBeers to be a success..But once the newness wears off they're going to have to do more than be a company led by an overrated Kenny, a kinda boring Cody, and the home of Social Justice Wrestling..They gotta have the stories to put out there each and every week and gotta have more than spot fest matches back to back to back to back to back..

Of course they'll be a huge success at first..What wrestling fan doesn't want something new and an alternative to WWE (that's why NJPW is in it's most successful period in company history)?..But let's all be calm and see what happens 1 1/2-2 years down the road when they've had more than enough time to figure things out and the fickle wrestling fan is tired of giving them excuses..

Really?..That's a bold statement young man..I ain't mad at ya for it though..
Given how much you hate Gargano I dodged a bullet :lol:

giphy.gif

my top favorite recent matches:

1.Dream vs Aleister
2. Dream vs Butt Stuff
3. American Alpha vs Revival
4. lo vs Credit Score
5. Cena vs AJ
Dream vs Aleister was one of the best midcard feuds ever. Maybe the best

American Alpha :smh::frown: They should’ve been one of the GOAT tag teams

Which Cena vs AJ match? IMO the Summerslam one was their best

Honorable mention to best recent matches: AJ vs Roman

Payback over Extreme Rules because Roman kicked out of a Styles clash onto a chair in the ER match

Given how much you hate Gargano I dodged a bullet :lol:

giphy.gif

Oh, I don't remotely agree with you and think Oregano is overrated..But I ain't mad for you going outside the box on those picks, especially considering all the amazing matches we've had in the past few years..Do you baby boy..

Dream vs Aleister was one of the best midcard feuds ever. Maybe the best

American Alpha :smh::frown: They should’ve been one of the GOAT tag teams

Which Cena vs AJ match? IMO the Summerslam one was their best

See, now when you say mid-card feuds EVER that's where I gotta draw the line..It was very very good..But there's been better, with better stories, with better wrestlers, and the feuds lasted longer..

How about we agree on it was one of the top feuds in NXT history and leave it at that?..

See, now when you say mid-card feuds EVER that's where I gotta draw the line..It was very very good..But there's been better, with better stories, with better wrestlers, and the feuds lasted longer..

How about we agree on it was one of the top feuds in NXT history and leave it at that?..
Fair enough

But IMO both men wouldn’t be where they are today without that feud to establish both of their characters

But let's all be calm and see what happens 1 1/2-2 years down the road when they've had more than enough time to figure things out and the fickle wrestling fan is tired of giving them excuses..

I'd personally rather not let some arbitrary time frame dictate whether or not it's suitable to say something positive about AEW

These guys have been streaming wrestling games to raise money for The Canadian Cancer Society

They're playing the battle royal modes from a variety of different games...one big Royal Rumble at the end to determine the overall winner

They've raised $26,000 so far

Yes.

They have been playing a lot of Virtual Pro Wrestling 2. Had a good Battle Royal last night with Jericho winning

Fair enough

But IMO both men wouldn’t be where they are today without that feud to establish both of their characters

I agree with that statement completely..That feud "made" those 2 guys..I feel both would've still ended up in the same position, but it would've taken longer..

I'd personally rather not let some arbitrary time frame dictate whether or not it's suitable to say something positive about AEW

And I'd personally rather not let something being new dictate how great it is..If a reasonable wrestling fan was 100% honest then they'd have to say that so far the product has been pretty bad..If you don't count All In into the AEW history, then you can really only say they've had 2 very good matches so far..Everything else has been a spot fest, with no story, a bunch of botches, that make no sense..

But y'all acting like this brand is already WWE circa 1999..Go ahead and keep them blinders on though..I'll be watching with a critical, yet excited point of view and i'll judge it accordingly..

Ravishing Rusev!!!

I am very intrigued by these matchups

Kinda mad a drew and rick in round 1

my top favorite recent matches:

1.Dream vs Aleister
2. Dream vs Butt Stuff
3. American Alpha vs Revival
4. lo vs Credit Score
5. Cena vs AJ

Man I'll put Austin Air and Neville up there. Shouldve been on the main card.

Aj and finn had a great match too.

I prefer DIY vs Revival. That was a great fued there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom