January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
0091DCE53E.jpg

So Alistar Black vs Dreams was a better feud than....

Let me just think of some off the top of my head

Rey/Eddie: Dominic Angle?

HBK vs Razor Ramon?

Dudleys vs. Edge/Christian vs. Hardyz (any combination of the 3)?

Booker T vs Benoit Best of 7 Series?

HHH vs Rock for the IC title?

And I'd personally rather not let something being new dictate how great it is..If a reasonable wrestling fan was 100% honest then they'd have to say that so far the product has been pretty bad..If you don't count All In into the AEW history, then you can really only say they've had 2 very good matches so far..Everything else has been a spot fest, with no story, a bunch of botches, that make no sense..

But y'all acting like this brand is already WWE circa 1999..Go ahead and keep them blinders on though..I'll be watching with a critical, yet excited point of view and i'll judge it accordingly..

"If everyone is being honest they have to agree with me completely" YEAH OKAY

All I said was that their sell outs are impressive...which they are...any "reasonable wrestling fan" as you put it should be able to admit that without going on some dismissive tirade

And somehow, me being impressed by their ticket sales gets morphed into me equating them to classic WWF :lol:

Oh well...it is what it is

And I'd personally rather not let something being new dictate how great it is..If a reasonable wrestling fan was 100% honest then they'd have to say that so far the product has been pretty bad..If you don't count All In into the AEW history, then you can really only say they've had 2 very good matches so far..Everything else has been a spot fest, with no story, a bunch of botches, that make no sense..

But y'all acting like this brand is already WWE circa 1999..Go ahead and keep them blinders on though..I'll be watching with a critical, yet excited point of view and i'll judge it accordingly..

To "some" , waiting to see how things play out means you are Anti-AEW.

I am starting to question is Pelvis even believes half the things he has claimed about AEW.

Ask him to put money up....

"If everyone is being honest they have to agree with me completely" YEAH OKAY

All I said was that their sell outs are impressive...which they are...any "reasonable wrestling fan" as you put it should be able to admit that without going on some dismissive tirade

And somehow, me being impressed by their ticket sales gets morphed into me equating them to classic WWF :lol:

Oh well...it is what it is

And I put their sell out into context which has obviously upset you..It's not impressive at all..They're the new kids on the block that have had months and months to build up their brand and a couple years to build up their fan base..Now if they'd have done it with no billionaire money, no Youtube, and no Twitter then I'd say it's super impressive..But they, literally, have every single possible advantage that a person could dream of for starting a new company..They have podcasts hyping them up each week, a spoiled rich kid as their backer, and a national tv deal already..Of course they're going to sell out..But like I said, lets see if they're still selling out house/tv/ppv shows in a year or two..

First Pelvis calls me passive-aggressive, then DeepSea calls Pelvin out for spreading propaganda...
meanwhile Casekicks coming off the most logical & grounded in the thread???

AEW reminds me of the Hornets or Jaguars or Devil Rays..Expansion teams with all the new bells and whistles that SOLD OUT all their initial games..It wasn't impressive..It was new..But then look at where they were after the shiny wore off and fans got to see exactly how sucky they really were..They were scratching and clawing just to stay relevant..

I hope AEW doesn't end up like a crappy expansion team..I hope they end up like 1997 WCW and are hyper competitive with Vince and can raise the level of North American wrestling..Every wrestling fan will be a winner in that scenario..

And I put their sell out into context which has obviously upset you..It's not impressive at all..They're the new kids on the block that have had months and months to build up their brand and a couple years to build up their fan base..Now if they'd have done it with no billionaire money, no Youtube, and no Twitter then I'd say it's super impressive..But they, literally, have every single possible advantage that a person could dream of for starting a new company..They have podcasts hyping them up each week, a spoiled rich kid as their backer, and a national tv deal already..Of course they're going to sell out..But like I said, lets see if they're still selling out house/tv/ppv shows in a year or two..

I've been really impressed by AEW's ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom