Average age of Jordan Collector?

Originally Posted by chrisMatiC413

Originally Posted by kapepper

Originally Posted by shpongled25

"
Age: Old enough to know: BDP, Slick Rick, Public Enemy (yes FlavOR Flav was more than just a reality TV buffoon), Run DMC when they did collab songs with Aerosmith, 3rd Bass, Beastie Boys, Rakim, Biz, ect...basically REAL HIP HOP, British Knights (not England-related), Dee Brown and his fly pumps, Electric Boogaloo, those African medallion pendants, In Living Color, Living Colour the band, fun times when Fresh Prince was a rapper with DJ Jazzy Jeff, Freddy Kreuger, Michael Meyers OG (not the remake movie by Rob Zombie), fades, high tops, "High Top" in "Colors", OG Jordans made with quality materials, Bordeaux's were ugly then and still are, I should have kept my basketball cards of 2nd year MJ when Fleer, Topps, and Upper Deck was around together, and to know fresh was a cool word then and still is, oddly enough.........the list goes on. "

^^I'm his age
me too
glasses.gif

same here....no hate at all, but im amazed at how the younger cats have the loot at that age. back then i considered myself fortunate to get 2 pairs of sneakers (not just Js) in a single year. my collection only started picking up steam once i got done with school and started my full-time gig
smokin.gif
45 here. Don't forget Eric B w/Rakim, Chuck D., Big Daddy Kane, KMD, and the other 1/2...Zeppelin, RUSH, AC/DC, Stones along with feathered hairwith tons of Style hairspray!!! Goody combs too. Have 3 kids now with my 13 yr.old son in the game. He's the one with all/most of the J's. I enjoycollecting J's with my son. He has 19 pairs already. I think he's shooting for the 1-23 run. Back in the day you could just go and pick up a pair ofJ's no probs. Still remember my grape V's. (I need the 18/5 CDP.
pimp.gif
)

22 been in it for about 5 years now started with the XVIII's and in a log jam now that im working on my Ph.D.
ohwell.gif

im 14, and ive been into Jordan's for about 3 years....my first pair was low top white/red/black 13's
I "collect" but im nowhere near any of you guys...its hard to collect when you can only get 4 pairs of shoes a year!

im 18 started collecting SERIOUSLY in late november. im up to 15 pairs now i could have more but i prefer quality over quantity. got my first pair wen i wasbout 5 years old. they were the OG taxi 12s that r coming out in the CDP so i obviously have an emotional connection to the 12s.

Originally Posted by cyclefit42

I am 35 and my first job was at footlocker in 10th grade, so that was 1988. I have almost every original jordan ever sold at footlocker from 88-97 still in the box, then took a hiatus after that because basically i didnt care for any of the jordans after the 13's. So i am probably one of the oldest jordan fans on here, but know the history of these shoes very well. I have a total of 72 pairs of jordans and over 3/4s of those are originals from 88-97. I would say the most rare pair that I own are the maroon VI's and, a pair of Cleveland Cavalier colored Jumpman team shoe that I got from Derek Anderson when I worked one of his basketball camps, and of course my favorite of all time...the white and grey IV's.

Dear GOD! Please take pics!!!

i'm 16 been collecting for a year and up to 20 pairs.
Mostly bought older retros and newer hot releases.

Originally Posted by CDUNK

It seems as if everywhere I look, it's mostly younger kids rockin J's. I feel like a dinosaur now at age 26. And yes, when it's just mostly younger kids rockin J's, and I wear them, it's not a good look for me, as it makes me look younger than I like. Yes, I do care about what people think about me. So anyways, post your age!

Dont't feel bad young blood, it cats like me and you who actually know about mike and why we wear his joints, the history behind him, I'm 25 beencollecting since I graduated high school in 01, I'm 250 pair deep and I break these young boys necks on the daily plus the women love Airs. I'm collecttil they bury your boy and then have em throw my joints in the ground with me. I suggest you do the same playboy
happy.gif

im 17... i been collectin for like a year and a half.... im takin a break for now b/c i need to buy a car... but i got about 12 pairs and i wear all of em..

28, been rocking since the vi's. collecting since the x's.
got some vi's in a size 4 to prove it.
laugh.gif

I got heat.
wink.gif

im 14 , started at 12 with Wht/Red XIV's i got for $20

54 pairs $1K in sales

Freshest 8th Grader in my school

15 collection since 06 didnt know Jordans exist since then honestly
I have 40 pair including CDP's the only shoe I rocked was Forces thats it until 06

im 25 started with 2 pair of the fire red fives . i have about 20+ kicks between dunks and jordans(most)

Im am 25. I never had them as a kid we could never afford them, but always knew what they were. I have 30 pairs and a job that allows me to keep up myaddiction. I only stick to og colors and rare J's. My girlfriend hated it at first, I just have to make sure to throw a couple purses to her and its allgood.

34, collected back in the day....Sold my OG stuff..... Found NT about 2 years ago and now I am back in the game....

It's all NT's fault that I am back to 30+ pairs...... Oh well, it's better than wasting money on gambling I guess.....??

Back
Top Bottom