Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

And I'm not blaming iggy but in light of all this
I can see how naive and ignorant she really is by her replies and statements

No one would be trippin if she wouldn't have gotten nominated
I think of young thug or like Gucci mane would have gotten nominated
We would be discussing how they aren't deserving as well

I would have been complaining if Young Thug or Gucci would have been nominated. Enough quality hip-hop music that comes out but they overlook it because of the catchiness of that pop-ish stuff that they give a billion spins. It's all a joke, but it still is serious enough to warrant the rants, and all y'all making good points. Like Pimp C said, if they don't start taking the music seriously then someone else is going to take it and put their spin on it and make it the way they want it.

If it ain't the Migos, Iggy, this artist or that artist its always a sucka tryna determine if it's hip hop or not. The same people that's going at Iggy are the same ones that said Outkast wasn't hip hop, the same ones that booed the Geto Boys, the same ones that said NWA and UGK wasn't hip hop.

Who were these ppl saying that Kast, UGK and especially NWA weren't HipHop?

8 page thread about this topic is kinda stupid in hindsight
We should be up in arms about how far behind our people are in school compared to others
And how we don't have proper supplies and books for our kids
This rap/Grammy **** doesn't matter to me man
When will we finally stand up and do something about the REAL problems

No one was mad at Iggy specifically :lol: she just took offense because she was used as an example and that's when ppl started talking directly to her. She tried to defend her place in hip hop culture which offended people even more.

Mad annoying people trying to act like she's a victim of something. She wasn't a victim when she's cashing those BET or HOT97 Summer Jam checks though

We should be up in arms about how far behind our people are in school compared to others
i feel you, but culture too is important. and not just the Iggy situation, but also how the ignorant music is being pushed more

That's black social media for you my man. Just a bunch of fake revolutionaries.

Who were these ppl saying that Kast, UGK and especially NWA weren't HipHop?

New Yorkers... The simple minded New Yorkers that look at the culture and its our, our, our. The ones too scared to just let the genre grow. The ones that want to keep it simply subways, graffiti, backpacks and one pants leg rolled up....

“They did not like us and we were not welcome,” recalls Willie on the phone. “And they let us know by giving us a warm round of boos when our name was announced. They booed us so long, they had to boo us in shifts. I’ve never seen a crowd tired from booing — you could see them resting up to start booing again.”- that was in 91'

They booed Kast at the source awards when they won best new rap group at the source awards... Hell KRIT even got booed for recently performing "Country". Cats is just envious man. It's even worse with the Iggy situation cause it's racist, I see it and I'm black.

Fact of the matter Iggy had one of the biggest records of the year. Fancy was a smash, fancy is hip hop. I'd much rather a daughter or a niece to go around singing and rapping I'm So Fancy all day than to have them even listening to that anaconda foolishness but People don't attack Nicki Minaj and all the garbage she's feeding the younger generations within our culture.

Last edited:
New Yorkers... The simple minded New Yorkers that look at the culture and its our, our, our. The ones too scared to just let the genre grow. The ones that want to keep it simply subways, graffiti, backpacks and one pants leg rolled up....

“They did not like us and we were not welcome,” recalls Willie on the phone. “And they let us know by giving us a warm round of boos when our name was announced. They booed us so long, they had to boo us in shifts. I’ve never seen a crowd tired from booing — you could see them resting up to start booing again.”- that was in 91'

They booed Kast at the source awards when they won best new rap group at the source awards... Hell KRIT even got booed for recently performing "Country". Cats is just envious man. It's even worse with the Iggy situation cause it's racist, I see it and I'm black.

Fact of the matter Iggy had one of the biggest records of the year. Fancy was a smash, fancy is hip hop. I'd much rather a daughter or a niece to go around singing and rapping I'm So Fancy all day than to have them even listening to that anaconda foolishness but People don't attack Nicki Minaj and all the garbage she's feeding the younger generations within our culture.

No it's not, stop listening to Faux News

Q Tip gave a history lesson on hip hop that didn't include Rick Rubin. He's white, he always helped pioneer hip hop GLOBALLY as Q Tip put it.

The Achilles heal of hip hop as a culture is dudes like Q Tip that try to dictate what is and what isn't hip hop without letting the culture grow organically as it did in the 80s.

If it ain't the Migos, Iggy, this artist or that artist its always a sucka tryna determine if it's hip hop or not. The same people that's going at Iggy are the same ones that said Outkast wasn't hip hop, the same ones that booed the Geto Boys, the same ones that said NWA and UGK wasn't hip hop.

Did you even read what he wrote?

"u are a hiphop artist who has the right 2 express herself however she wishes"

Q Tip gave a history lesson on hip hop that didn't include Rick Rubin. He's white, he always helped pioneer hip hop GLOBALLY as Q Tip put it.

The Achilles heal of hip hop as a culture is dudes like Q Tip that try to dictate what is and what isn't hip hop without letting the culture grow organically as it did in the 80s.

THIS

yeah the same ones...yep, same exact ones :smh: :rolleyes

New Yorkers... The simple minded New Yorkers that look at the culture and its our, our, our. The ones too scared to just let the genre grow. The ones that want to keep it simply subways, graffiti, backpacks and one pants leg rolled up.....

That's how they are with everything though. NY types being mind-numbingly, unbearably provincial is not just a hip hop thing. That's just the broader NY mind frame overlapping with hip hop.

Last edited:
The irony is that dudes get defensive and whine about New York doing it, but didn't Chicago do it with drill music? and didn't the south do it with French and A$ap?

It's not a New York thing, it's a simple minded rap fan thing.

My problem is that Q-Tip wouldn't have done that with Bobby Shmurda or OT Genasis

It's corny to me.

Because really it's picking on the white girl for brownie points. A lot of these dudes don't know about rap and could care less.

Rowdy Rebel in an interview was talking down on the "conscious" rap his dad listened too. Would Q-Tip do the same to him?

Let Iggy have her lane. I'm not listening to either.
But isn't the problem that iggy's lane is considered hip hop to begin with
I mean there's no damn reason her album should even be nominated for best rap album anyway

This is my biggest problem. I don't care to hear her trash music. I don't listen, buy or stream any of her **** but I have a big problem with her being labeled hip hop. Her music is pretty much in the Katy Perry lane, it's not even close to hip hop. Get her *** and Macklemore the **** out of here with that hip hop label. It's not because they're white, it's because they don't make hip hop music. Just like Nicki Minaj isn't hip hop. I also think it's beyond disgusting to see this broad from Australia come here, get her *** done and move to Atlanta and act like she's your typical Atlanta chick.

I agree 100% with what 9th Wonder said. Just gotta stay away from it and make sure you support the artists and albums you do like. I bought 11 albums this and that's pretty much all I can do.

Hmmmm I thought macklemore album was hip hop. I like Ryan Lewis production and wouldn't mind hearing other artists on his beasts.

Keep Hip Hop away from the devils.  They just leach and leach and leach without giving back.  You preserve it by not pushing an agenda.  I've heard people calling sports sacred, if that is the case, Hip Hop is sacred bruh.  

**But, if you want us to believe your opinions, that's cool.
Yea, it's an opinion but these "devils" and "leaches" that you speak of sound like damn near every cat in the game that sees rap as a source of income and that's it. Rappers who stick to new trends and flows to stay afloat are plenty in the game. If you list these devils you speak of and on the other side list the OGs soon your list is gonna collide, would that still make your "hip hop" sacred.

Sports is understandable though as they're bars based around sports and ppl commit to watching every game and pledge allegiance to teams.

roll.gif
@ her not even being close to hip hop, just becuase you don't like it don't mean it's not hip hop. I think YG is one of the worst mainstream artists out but I can't say he's not hip hop, thats just lying to myself.

Whats considered hip hop? I didnt know it had a specific sound

Rapping over a replica mustard beat sounds like everything else on hip hop radio

Whats the big deal, she a white girl that finesse the system "why you mad"? because of grammy's hip hop needs to focus on a respectable award show itself like country music. Revolt and all these
other networks need to startup a award show instead of memorial day weekend events and that nonsense that is the BET awards, which is a show she just performed and from the looks of the editing
people were enjoying, and if i was there i would too,cuzz she a fine bunny. She a white nubian queen that we saved then got mad when she realized she was white and didnt need black acceptance to sell records, record which we dont even buy. Just think of it like this, if you take pride in the culture the culture will respond, look at SMACK, he literally has nothing to showcase but lyrics and its winning.

P.S there is no such thing as culture vultures when the customer doesn't even know the difference.

hip hop is all about respect, you have to earn it, and if you dont respect others in the genre you technically have to back it up with your rhymes.

Personally, I wish Banks would just get on a track, spit some vicious lines about iggy, and wait for the response that's not gonna happen.

And edm started from warehouse music by black Chicago DJs. it just caught on in euro sphere before it came back to the US. So Banks isn't appropriating anything by using uptempo beats and house samples....

The funny thing is that these are the same ppl that stole this country & yall mad about culture appropriation in some bs hip hop when we are working for these same ppl by the hour just to survive in this country :smh: :lol:

Yall mad about the wrong ****

Calling someone out on cultural appropriation is racist? :lol: :lol:

It is b/c had she not been white nothing would be said. No one says a word when black artist exploit the culture. When we do it we hustling. When they do it its exploitation

Had dude thought Iggy was hip hop he wouldn't have wasted 40 tweets curving the history of hip hop

Back
Top Bottom