Bachelor Pad.

I live in Queens as well... We paying $1800 split among 3 of us, its also because we I know the landlord

What part of Queens? I wouldn't pay that in Roosevelt, Jackson Heights, Ozone Park etc

you couldn't pay me $1800 to live in maspeth :smh::smh:

It's lacquered.

And you should have went with the natural wood color. Lacquered white is tacky.
I disagree. Lacquered white furniture and accessories can be executed wonderfully as long as the rest of the space complements it.

Last edited:
It's lacquered.

I disagree. Lacquered white furniture and accessories can be executed wonderfully as long as the rest of the space complements it.

If the entire living quarter is built around lacquered white furniture, IMO, the entire living quarter is tacky.

Different strokes for different folks, though. I've always been more of a natural wood furniture individual w/ darker hues to complement.

Last edited:
welcome to the west elm storage coffee table @ksteezy :lol: :pimp:

Question....I ditched fixing up the large foyer area with furniture and put in large storage units for a ton of my shoes. I'm just wondering what I can use to cover the shelving units from view but still have easy access to my "inventory" (as I am on the first floor and last thing I want is everyone looking through the windows and seeing all those shoe boxes).

It's a 10 foot wall (length wise)....I just wouldn't want to have curtains or anything tacky looking.

It's lacquered.

Sometimes, it's good to have a mix.

Snapped these not too long ago, haven't gotten around to painting the other walls or adding more artwork (yet)

Last edited:

It's lacquered.

If the entire living quarter is built around lacquered white furniture, IMO, the entire living quarter is tacky.

Different strokes for different folks, though. I've always been more of a natural wood furniture individual w/ darker hues to complement.
I didn't mean a whole room of white lacquered furniture
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^

Thinking about getting this lil cheap one from kohls for the time being

I like this one over the other, I would put something like that in a corner of the kitchen, or dining/living room.

Last edited:
I'll be moving out in the next few months, closing by June 9.

I'm 25 and it'll be my first time living on my own since I've used that time to save up. So I'm starting to get excited but also very anxious about decorating and furnishing the place.

What are the best tips on furniture you can give me? Color schemes, furniture brands, best way to save on furniture etc. Best places to buy from?

Question concerning furniture outside like the photos immediately above: I didn't see an awning above the furniture to protect from weather changes, so does the owner bring the pieces inside himself?

currently in the process of buying a condo, 2890 sq + outdoor deck, so I'll def need some sites for random fun stuff, art, furniture, random trinkets. I have a 3 bedroom and basement townhouse right now. I want to own, but still be part of an association so I don't have to cut the grass or shovel snow/rake leaves. I'll take some of my furniture with me of course, 65" samsung, 45" samsung, bedroom stuff, and some of my basement furniture. I have a condo down in Florida as well that I want to get some new pieces for too if I see something that goes with my theme. So hit me with sites plz. I'm sure I'll go all the way back through this thread again at some point and look at some ideas again, but I'm sure my bros can save me a lil bit of time

Back
Top Bottom