Bachelor Pad.

What's a good color scheme for my bedroom? My bed its self is black, nightstand and dresser is black. I'm thinking what color sheets I should get :/

Any tips?

I need something grown and sexy.

Also, Egyptian cotton 1000+ thread count is the way to go right? Someone point me in the direction of some quality sheets

pimp.gif
Post some pics if you can - hard to say without knowing what color your walls, floors, etc. are.

Post some pics if you can - hard to say without knowing what color your walls, floors, etc. are.

It's a new spot that I'll be moving to so everything is fresh. White walls. Starting off on a fresh slate.

Beige carpet floors in the bedroom. Hardwood everywhere else

In the past, I've done the blue/grey scheme. As well as red/black.

Last edited:
Are they located within the same area? I'd say go for the new build if you can afford to take on the payments. 40k is a big savings, but you may eat through a lot of it with repairs in the older home depending on condition. Take inventory on things you'd replace or renovate (kitchen, bathrooms, roof, exterior, appliances, HVAC).

Are they located within the same area? I'd say go for the new build if you can afford to take on the payments. 40k is a big savings, but you may eat through a lot of it with repairs in the older home depending on condition. Take inventory on things you'd replace or renovate (kitchen, bathrooms, roof, exterior, appliances, HVAC).

Second this.

I purchased a brand new constructed home (that we built) in the "city" and we love it.

Warranties on everything too.

Yeah everybody I know tells me to get a newly built home . The only reason I'm against it is because all the new homes look cookie cutter or are further out in developing subdivisions .

Mike Holmes turned me off of newly built.

Nothing like old school craftsmanship.

I think it def depends on where you are trying to buy.

Here in tampa I live in a flood zone since I'm so close to the water, and these older homes were not built high enough off the ground to prevent severe flood damage.

Also, the new advancements in preventative severe weather damage in the construction is another huge plus.

Hurricane shutters came with the home which gave me a discount on home owners.

I was able to custom everything in my home - another huge plus, and I'm in the city area where no two homes are alike.

All depends where you are at imo.

Last edited:
WE BOUGHT A HOME THAT ME AND MY WIFE BUILT IN DOWNTOWN HOUSTON. WAS A COOL PROCESS BUT IF I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN I WOULD OF SPENT THE EXTRA MONEY AND WENT FOR AN OLDER HOME NEAR DOWNTOWN. THEY JUST HOLD THEIR VALUE SO WELL AND THE OLDER NEIGHBORHOODS WITH ALL THE MATURE TREES IN THE ROYAL OAKS, HUNTERS CREEK, MIDTOWN, AND THE HEIGHTS AREAS OF HOUSTON JUST LOOK STUNNING. THERE IS A HUGE PRICE DIFFERENCE THOUGH. $300K BUYING NEW CONSTRUCTION VS. $450K MINIMUM ON THE OLDER HOMES.

Yeah everybody I know tells me to get a newly built home . The only reason I'm against it is because all the new homes look cookie cutter or are further out in developing subdivisions .
I wish a housing developer would build some mid-century modern type homes or start taking ideas from Craftsman homes...

Now that would be sweet.

I think it def depends on where you are trying to buy.

Here in tampa I live in a flood zone since I'm so close to the water, and these older homes were not built high enough off the ground to prevent severe flood damage.

Also, the new advancements in preventative severe weather damage in the construction is another huge plus.

Hurricane shutters came with the home which gave me a discount on home owners.

I was able to custom everything in my home - another huge plus, and I'm in the city area where no two homes are alike.

All depends where you are at imo.

You have a point.

Especially with what happened in Baton Rouge.

Yeah personally if I was buying in DC I'd buy something with a 203k FHA loan and renovate the entire house. Thats what flippers are doing all over NE.

Yeah that sounds good but that is a lot of work. I looked at that but it's not worth it to me and you'd have to compete with investors dropping cash

Yeah just depends what you want to do. I have a friend that paid 350K in 2014 for a 1200sqft renovated house in NE (Deanwood) .

Isn't worth it to me.

Last edited:
Shoutout to y'all buying houses :pimp:

Meanwhile I'm here trying to figure out what color my bedsheets should be :lol:

I have a black duvet, I'm thinking about what color sheets I should get. I want something grown and sexy, but not hoeish. Help :lol:
I was thinking red, but that's some vampire **** :/

Tan, heather grey, white. I usually stick to light neutral colors. Wouldn't do black, navy, or similar dark colors basically so drool doesn't show up :lol:

Back
Top Bottom