Bachelor Pad.

My wife and I have been trying to buy a home in the Bay Area for like 3 years and it has been dreadful. We've put in so many offers only to be well out of reach from the highest offer or at best, 2nd highest. We finally landed a condo in Oakland area which was not what we wanted but a start in trying to just live in a bigger place (I live in SF in a 450 square foot studio). So finally able to stretch our legs a little more and even start on a family. We plan on living there only for like 5 years and then move to get a house and rent it out. It's just god awful out here in the Bay Area and I swear pricing keeps going higher and higher and higher.

Congrats on everyone getting a home. I should frequent this thread a little more when I start furnishing our place. Going to go the Scandinavian route in our design.
how big is the condo?

ANYBODY DOING HOME AUTOMATION? THINKING OF GETTING ALL THE BLINDS, LIGHT SWITCHES, BOTH THERMOSTATS, HOME THEATRE, AND GARAGE DOOR HOOKED UP TO SIRI IN THE NEW HOUSE :nerd:

Not really. Seems very practical. I would like to see a dark version or in gray.

Capture.PNG

Not really. Seems very practical. I would like to see a dark version or in gray.

There's def some functionality and a use. But while watching the video my comment comes from the "need" of this product in this day and age :lol: To "help us sleep better, and live better" etc. And really, there's more than a hint of ridiculous the more I think about having a beverage cooling, bluetooth speaker, charging station "for all my devices in our connected world", night light, sleep helper etc next to my bed haha. side table in a living room, it's badass.

Last edited:
There's def some functionality and a use. But while watching the video my comment comes from the "need" of this product in this day and age :lol: To "help us sleep better, and live better" etc. And really, there's more than a hint of ridiculous the more I think about having a beverage cooling, bluetooth speaker, charging station "for all my devices in our connected world", night light, sleep helper etc next to my bed haha. side table in a living room, it's badass.

THE SPEAKER I CAN DO WITHOUT, BUT MY BEDSIDE TABLE HAS A TON OF WATER BOTTLES SITTING ON IT RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE A WIRELESS CHARGING PHONE, SO THE COOLER AND THE WIRLESS CHARGING TOP MAKE A TON OF SENSE FOR ME. NOT TO MENTION IT WILL LOOK NICE. IT COMPLIMENTS OUR BED SETUP VERY WELL :lol:

memphissfinest memphissfinest you do anything new?

WE HAVE BEEN BUSY MOVING INTO OUR NEW HOUSE THIS PAST FEW WEEKS SO MY DISPLAY COFFEE TABLE IS STILL IN THE SAME STATE THAT I LAST LEFT IT. THE ACRYLIC HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER BUT THE BASE STILL NEEDS TO BE CONSTRUCTED. ONCE I GET EVERYTHING ARRANGED IN THE HOUSE, I CAN GET MY TABLE SAW SET UP AND WORK ON IT AGAIN.

SOME OF THE OTHER PROJECTS THAT I HAVE GOING ON:

WE HIRED A CONTRACTOR TO FINISH OUR BASEMENT SO ILL HAVE PICS OF THAT IN JULY WHEN THEY BEGIN CONSTRUCTION. I’M EXCITED AS MY WIFE HAVE GIVEN ME FREE REIGN TO TURN IT COMPLETELY INTO MY OWN MANCAVE.

MY 4-POST LIFT IS STILL IN STORAGE, AS I FOUND OUT WHEN WE MOVED IN THAT MY GARAGE CEILINGS ARE ONLY 8FT HIGH. IM SHOPPING CONTRACTORS NOW WHO CAN COME IN AND JACK MY ROOF UP AND EXTEND THE GARAGE WALLS ANOTHER 4FT. I NEED AT MINIMUM 11FT CEILINGS TO BE ABLE TO STORE MY GT350 ON TOP OF THE WRX.

I DID BUY 2 OF THOSE SOBRO SIDE TABLES SO WAITING ON THOSE TO BE DELIVERED. WE ALSO PICKED UP A KING SIZE PURPLE 3 MATTRESS AND PURPLE PILLOW FOR THE MASTER AND 2 QUEEN SIZE PURPLE 3’S FOR THE GUEST ROOMS. I GOT TO SAY, THESE ARE THE BEST MATTRESSES I’VE EVER LAID ON.

3C0CAF6B-B989-4D2A-B1C6-4E032E1EFD1C.jpeg

OTHER THAN THAT, NOTHING GOING ON :lol:

ALMOST FORGOT, WE ALSO ORDERED MOTORIZED SHADES FOR THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND THE PRICES FOR WINDOW TREATMENTS IS SOMETHING I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. HOW CAN COVERING YOUR WINDOWS BE SO EXPENSIVE? ALMOST FAINTED WHEN THEY TOLD US THE COST. COULD OF BOUGHT MY WIFE A BRAND NEW CAR FOR THAT PRICE. :angry:

^^^^Damn....was thinking about getting that for my condo but heard custom blinds are insane and we're only covering up one god damn window. Haha.

So my wife and I saved money and did contracting on our own in taking a spackled wall and making it flat as well as the ceilings. It has been a total nightmare but we've estimated that we probably saved $10K with the amount of labor we put in. It's not perfect by any means but we wonder if the contractors would have done any better seeing how we lived in a pretty old building.

We're gong the Scandinavian route like below with a black accent wall, hardwood floors and white walls. I thought up pics when it's done.

^^^^Damn....was thinking about getting that for my condo but heard custom blinds are insane and we're only covering up one god damn window. Haha.

So my wife and I saved money and did contracting on our own in taking a spackled wall and making it flat as well as the ceilings. It has been a total nightmare but we've estimated that we probably saved $10K with the amount of labor we put in. It's not perfect by any means but we wonder if the contractors would have done any better seeing how we lived in a pretty old building.

We're gong the Scandinavian route like below with a black accent wall, hardwood floors and white walls. I thought up pics when it's done.

YEA THEY ARE WILDLY EXPENSIVE. MY WIFE WAS SPECIFIC ON THE SHADES SHE WANTED AND I WAS ADAMANT ON HAVING A FULLY AUTOMATED HOME WITH APPLE’S HOMEKIT AND SIRI CONTROL, SO WE WERE PRETTY MUCH LOCKED IN WITH HUNTER DOUGLAS. WE HAD REGULAR BLINDS FROM LOWES IN OUR LAST HOUSE AND THEY WERE AWFUL.

WHAT LABOR WAS INVOLVED WITH GETTING THE WALLS FLAT? SANDING AND REPAINTING? I DONT ENVY THAT AT ALL LOL. THE PIC YOU POSTED LOOKS SO DOPE. POST PICS OF THE PROGRESS.

THE BUILDER DID FLAT WALLS PAINTED WHITE WITH SOME LIGHT GREY ACCENT WALLS SPRINKLED THROUGHOUT OUR HOME SO WE GOT LUCKY IN THAT REGARD. I CANT STAND TEXTURED WALLS OR POPCORN CEILINGS.

Back
Top Bottom