Bachelor Pad.

I got mine from Overstock, it came in a box. They all do, you

I have the 13 inch Christopher Knight aloe,green tea, bamboo, foam one. Caught on overstock for like $500 in Kang. You can always buy overstock 20% coupons on ebay for like 50 cents, if its your first time buying from them you get 15% off and combine with one of the cashback sites.
I had no clue abt that! Bout to cop a patio sofa now

Fellas, two questions for ya:

- TV mounting. Recommendations needed for wire hiding if I am not feeding them through the wall? I'm in apartment renting and want to avoid that fee if possible.
- Box spring/mattress raiser. Any recommendations for something that will lift my mattress about 5" or so from its current state? Want to avoid a actual box spring piece if I can.

AlchemyBrnzHdbrdQSmplMtlF18

As you can see it's super low.

Appreciate any insight!
Amazon product ASIN B00GXUM0M2
Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase

I got mine from Overstock, it came in a box. They all do, you

I have the 13 inch Christopher Knight aloe,green tea, bamboo, foam one. Caught on overstock for like $500 in Kang. You can always buy overstock 20% coupons on ebay for like 50 cents, if its your first time buying from them you get 15% off and combine with one of the cashback sites.

THIS IS A HOOKUP. SAY NO MORE :lol:

My new apartment is about to be dope... more than I wanted to spend but everything near Denver is high so it is what it is. These muggs got a heated pool that's open year round so hopefully I don't catch a cold out here.

Also Amazon distribution centervis right down the street so hopefully I can have everything furnished in a day or two. I love new ****. New city, new women, never everything in my damn apartment . I just gonna hate paying it all off again... :/

Last edited:
Are there any TVs that let you split the screen into 2 different HDMI inputs? or an attachment or something for a TV? Would rather the ability to split the screen on one big TV vs. have multiple TVs in my future man cave

Get an AVR with dual video outputs

Anyway I ordered couch, dinner tables and chairs, TV (LG OLED 55B7), TV stand, coffee table, bed, and bedframe yesterday... most everything will be here on the 1st!

Dual video outputs lets me have the same signal going to multiple tvs. I'm trying to split 2 different inputs on one TV. But after looking AVRs up I stumbled on a solution to what I'm trying to do. An HDMI Screen Splitter/Multiviewer. About $100 and lets you split 2-4 different HDMI inputs on one screen. Early NFL games and March Madness will be the only time I split into 4 screens but the 2 screen split will get used often

I know this isn't very bachelor pad worthy but I'm having my foundation replaced in a few weeks and a new driveway next year. Very excited, my home is in the same city as memphissfinest memphissfinest and was built in 1906 still with original foundation. Looking forward to not having water in the basement every time it rains for more than two hours.

$40,000 spent right there.

I would do something like this for hiding wires since you live in an apartment.
Outside of a box spring, I can’t think of anything visually appealing to solve your bed raising issue.

920B8951-6FFB-410E-A3FB-D4A68150326B.png

17CF58DE-2D10-4D51-9119-3CFFA29E0B32.png

May go this route for both needs.

I'm not the biggest fan of the bed risers simply because of aesthetics but I may give it a shot.

I know this isn't very bachelor pad worthy but I'm having my foundation replaced in a few weeks and a new driveway next year. Very excited, my home is in the same city as memphissfinest memphissfinest and was built in 1906 still with original foundation. Looking forward to not having water in the basement every time it rains for more than two hours.

People fear foundations but for its purpose, it’s not as expensive or nearly as nightmareish as one thinks.

YOU IN LAKEWOOD TOO? NIKETALK SUMMIT? :nerd::lol:

MY HOUSE IS A 1917 BUILD. ALMOST EVERY HOME IN LAKEWOOD ARE EARLY CENTURY HOMES FROM WHAT I CAN TELL. WHEN THE CONTRACTORS TORE THE HOME DOWN TO STUDS THEY REPLACED THE FOUNDATION AND WATERPROOFED IT AS IT HAD COLLAPSED THE PREVIOUS WINTER.

ARE THEY GOING TO WATERPROOF IT AND PUT IN DRAINS AND SUMP PUMP? THAT WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. ALSO I WOULD RECOMMEND A DEHUMIDIFIER IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TURN IT INTO A MANCAVE OR SOME LIVABLE SPACE.

I PICKED THIS GUY UP A FEW WEEKS AGO AND IT MAKES THE BASEMENT VERY LIVABLE WITH THE HUMIDITY.

1F14BFFB-F0A9-4352-BE68-7C513872579D.jpeg

Anyone recommend any smart locks? I want one but hate to get one that doesn't open as fast as me just getting out my key and then unlocking the door.

YOU MEAN KEYPAD OPERATED OR ARE YOU LOOKING FOR PHONE OR VOICE CONTROL?
Phone access in rather than using my keys or keypad and preferably using Homekit. August Smart Locks seem like the way to go but I see reviews where sometimes it takes 20 seconds to unlock doors. Sort of doesn't make sense to wait that long.

My new apartment is about to be dope... more than I wanted to spend but everything near Denver is high so it is what it is. These muggs got a heated pool that's open year round so hopefully I don't catch a cold out here messin with these THOTs.

Also Amazon distribution centervis right down the street so hopefully I can have everything furnished in a day or two. I love new ****. New city, new women, never everything in my damn apartment . I just gonna hate paying it all off again... :/

Nice, where at?

Phone access in rather than using my keys or keypad and preferably using Homekit. August Smart Locks seem like the way to go but I see reviews where sometimes it takes 20 seconds to unlock doors. Sort of doesn't make sense to wait that long.

IM USING KWIKSET OBSIDIAN LOCKS BUT I HAD TO RIG THEM FOR HOMEKIT. THEY ARE ZWAVE BUT I HAVE ALL MY ZWAVE DEVICES CONNECTED TO THE HOME ASSISTANT ENVIRONMENT ON MY MAC AS A BRIDGE TO HOMEKIT AND SIRI. WORKS WELL AND IS FAST. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART IF YOU ARENT FAMILIAR WITH DEALING WITH HOME ASSISTANT.

I WAS NOT A FAN OF ANY OF THE OUT THE BOX SOLUTIONS FOR HOMEKIT.

15380933490405656783300870647826.jpg
Nice, where at?

Thornton CO, about 20-30 mins north of Denver. Tonight will be my first night sleeping here but unfortunately my bed wont be here until Monday so I need to go cop a Ralph comforter from Home Goods so I can make a pallet for the next couple of days. Anyway here are a few pics of my empty *** place.

15380932105307535433930321764001.jpg

15380934180833266016754294955302.jpg

15380934599713316305564051433680.jpg

15380935033693286169652992035145.jpg

15380935427521170166432103465401.jpg

Very happy to have a walk in closet because I need the space but I wish it had double rows for hanged clothes, I'm not going to be able to fit all my sweaters in there...

Love how big the balcony is, sucks that can't smoke in doors here but it is what it is I guess...

Last edited:
YOU IN LAKEWOOD TOO? NIKETALK SUMMIT? :nerd::lol:

MY HOUSE IS A 1917 BUILD. ALMOST EVERY HOME IN LAKEWOOD ARE EARLY CENTURY HOMES FROM WHAT I CAN TELL. WHEN THE CONTRACTORS TORE THE HOME DOWN TO STUDS THEY REPLACED THE FOUNDATION AND WATERPROOFED IT AS IT HAD COLLAPSED THE PREVIOUS WINTER.

ARE THEY GOING TO WATERPROOF IT AND PUT IN DRAINS AND SUMP PUMP? THAT WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. ALSO I WOULD RECOMMEND A DEHUMIDIFIER IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TURN IT INTO A MANCAVE OR SOME LIVABLE SPACE.

I PICKED THIS GUY UP A FEW WEEKS AGO AND IT MAKES THE BASEMENT VERY LIVABLE WITH THE HUMIDITY.

1F14BFFB-F0A9-4352-BE68-7C513872579D.jpeg

Full replacement, waterproofed, new drain tiles, gravel and graded sloped away from the house. Sump pump isn't required since our sewer and drain pipes are done the right way, which is rare for Lakewood.

I'm still waiting to see the monster out on the streets though

Back
Top Bottom