Bachelor Pad.

Said this in the TAN but i am DONE getting gadgets and such for at least a year.
20190212_202902.jpg

Beautiful spot. Looks like pure serenity.
What are you using to mount the decks to the wall?
I just used wall anchors and fishing line . . . it's a hack I read about a minute ago on Apartment Therapy. Just be careful with the fishing line though . . .I cut myself something serious back in the day when I was tying it!

Beautiful spot. Looks like pure serenity.
What are you using to mount the decks to the wall?
I just used wall anchors and fishing line . . . it's a hack I read about a minute ago on Apartment Therapy. Just be careful with the fishing line though . . .I cut myself something serious back in the day when I was tying it!

Thanks, my guy! And I'm in Chicago . . .located in an area called Pilsen. It's a dope neighborhood, and I'll more than likely end up staying in this area. My girl is moving in, so we'll need a bigger spot.

How much is the rent or range and square footage if you dont mind me asking?

ears1351 ears1351 Pilsen, huh? Nice. I’m in South Loop. Not far at all. I hit up LaVaca, Duseks, and Honky Tonk sometimes. Simone’s is cool too.

Question for you guys about appliances. Since president's day weekend is coming up, where can I get a good deal for a washer and dryer?

When me and the fam moved into this duplex almost 2 years ago, the owner had left a washer and dryer but they were old as hell and my mom told the owner to take them cause she wasn't gonna use them.

I'm tired of her having to go to a laundromat to wash and dry our clothes.

Question for you guys about appliances. Since president's day weekend is coming up, where can I get a good deal for a washer and dryer?

See if you have an "outlet" near you. There are still Sears outlets in some areas (like Denver).

Sometimes you can get crazy deals on "floor models" or models that might have a scratch/dent. Obviously up to you if a dent would bother you, but my parents got an expensive *** fridge for like 50% off because it had a dent. The dent was on a side that would face the cabinets anyway, so you would never see it.

ears1351 ears1351 Pilsen, huh? Nice. I’m in South Loop. Not far at all. I hit up LaVaca, Duseks, and Honky Tonk sometimes. Simone’s is cool too.
That's whatsup! I actually lived in the South Loop myself for a minute . . . off of 16th and Michigan. And I'm sure we've seen each other; those are all my go-to spots in Pilsen.

Definitely gonna try to find some appliances this weekend. Me and my lady are closing on our first house in early April and we need washer dryer and fridge. Going to try to find some time to hit up all the stores maybe Sunday. Going to be tough to find time with all star weekend this weekend here in Charlotte

So is there any washer and dryer you guys recommend? We don't have a dedicated laundry room, so the outlets are outside on the outdoor terrace.

See if you have an "outlet" near you. There are still Sears outlets in some areas (like Denver).

Sometimes you can get crazy deals on "floor models" or models that might have a scratch/dent. Obviously up to you if a dent would bother you, but my parents got an expensive *** fridge for like 50% off because it had a dent. The dent was on a side that would face the cabinets anyway, so you would never see it.

anyone have any horror stories on jacuzzi / hot tubs outside the house ( like backyard stand alone units ) ?

Im considering getting one, but am interested in hearing this as well

So is there any washer and dryer you guys recommend? We don't have a dedicated laundry room, so the outlets are outside on the outdoor terrace.

hard to recommend as everyones needs are different, and the space you have varies. Doesnt hurt to go big I have Bravos which is fine.
I just stay away from front load. I would also say you should see if there are any small time appliance spots in your area

I got a gas double overn and stove top along with Wash er and gas dryer for 1200. Didnt bother messing with Sears or any big store bc they wanted alot for it.

Ask around your local people somebody knows a dope spot to pick up appliances for the low

That elephant/Eiffel Tower piece is dope as hell.

I have a few old school concert advertisement reprints ranging from like the 60s-80s (friend gave them to me) and a canvas print from IKEA of the NYC skyline in my living room.
A couple of NASA Jet Propulsion Lab "Visions of the Future" posters (printed at Office Max and framed) and a US map to pin my travels in my bedroom.
Then a custom abstract picture of my dog that my fiancee got me and a whiteboard in my office area.

Not sure if I have pictures of any of them, but I'll see if I do.

Edit: only found a picture of the dog picture. I'll try to clean my place up and take pictures of everything where it's currently hung this weekend.

20171228_185125.jpg

Last edited:
i got way too much clothes for my closets & wardrobe n **** is there something on amazon with a bunch of plastic shelves or whatever that's lightweight n i can out my clothes in and move around with ease

Back
Top Bottom