Bachelor Pad.

SmartSelect_20190330-185441_Chrome.jpg

Looking for a sectional like this for a good price. The pic above is 2.7K
I think theregothatman theregothatman has posted something somewhat similar to that from his place...**** looked mad comfortable
Check out https://www.bassettfurniture.com/beckham/index.asp
Here’s my set up. I’m undefeated on yambs once I get biddy over to chill
F4BDA636-E65A-4895-ABCB-75378EE1024D.jpeg

SmartSelect_20190330-185441_Chrome.jpg

Looking for a sectional like this for a good price. The pic above is 2.7K

$2.7k don't seem that bad.

LoveSac and those other companies are like $5k+ for **** like that. I was looking for a while because I want that for my basement with the projector setup. That way multiple people can lay while looking straight at the screen. I hate laying on my side watching TV

Check out https://www.bassettfurniture.com/beckham/index.asp
Here’s my set up. I’m undefeated on yambs once I get biddy over to chill
F4BDA636-E65A-4895-ABCB-75378EE1024D.jpeg
Good looks!
$2.7k don't seem that bad.

LoveSac and those other companies are like $5k+ for **** like that. I was looking for a while because I want that for my basement with the projector setup. That way multiple people can lay while looking straight at the screen. I hate laying on my side watching TV

I might have to cash out on one. It's the perfect setup for lounging. Pairing it with a decent size tv would be money.

Day beds are an option too, they can be had for cheaper and you can put a mattress that you find comfortable in there.

Any of you fellas move out of state? Just curious as I am just starting the process. Moving in 3 months. A few questions....

How hard was it to find a place? I understand this is location dependent but I am moreso asking the process of finding one remotely...I would never rent without seeing.

Also, I don't intend on bringing any furniture with me sans audio equipment/television

Any of you fellas move out of state? Just curious as I am just starting the process. Moving in 3 months. A few questions....

How hard was it to find a place? I understand this is location dependent but I am moreso asking the process of finding one remotely...I would never rent without seeing.

Also, I don't intend on bringing any furniture with me sans audio equipment/television
I moved from SoCal to NorCal and rented a place without seeing it in person. I got pics of the unit and read reviews online. Put my deposit down after that. Risky but worked out okay.

Anyone ever had their place broken into? Got back from being out of town for work last week and found out I'd been hit.

Dude got a Switch, PS4, iPad, Galaxy tablet, Bowers & Wilkins P7 headphones, and a wallet from my safe with 6 credit cards and my social security card :smh:

He left a Mac Mini I have hooked up to my TV in the living room, Sonos speaker, Dyson fan, Dyson wireless vacuum, all the TVs, iMac, and lots of other valuable stuff. He did take my dirty clothes hamper, so I'm assuming he filled it up and peaced out.

Been meaning to buy a camera or two for the apartment for the past several months...finally got to it a week late after getting hit

Nah man. Sorry to hear this. My car has been broken into multiple times and I feel as though my space has been violated. I can only imagine with my living space.

Got lucky with what he ended up taking compared to what he could have taken. I have probably $750 worth of cigars and over $2k worth of wine that went untouched. Probably $15k in electronics/watches/other higher end luxury items he didn't take. He did take a ****ty humidor out of my nightstand that I had gotten for free with a pack of cigars which I don't understand.

My Nook was thrown on the middle of the floor in my office area, so I know I wasn't exactly dealing with the brightest guy in the world lol

Just glad I wasn't home at the time considering the potential suspect has a prior for unlawful possession of a firearm for a felon.

Side note, positive plug for State Farm. They deposited half of the replacement value of everything a day after the claim was filed. Gonna disperse the rest after I submit receipts. Thanks to homie I got a 7 year old PS4 replaced with a brand new one, an 8 year old iPad replaced with a new iPad Air, and wireless B&W headphones instead of wired ones.

Sorry to hear, man. I had my old place broken into. Dealing with the loss material stuff wasn't the hard part. It was the feeling of knowing somebody violated my personal space that bothered me the most. That and then repairing the kicked in doors/locks, and trying to feel secure again going forward.

Happy to hear your insurance is taking care of you well. I’m quite interested in this cigar collection, as I’ve been starting to get more into them lately.

I’m quite interested in this cigar collection, as I’ve been starting to get more into them lately.
It's nothing special, just have a ~50 QT cooler that I turned into a humidor. Extra weathersealing around the lid, cedar planks glued to the inside of the cooler and a few little tupperwares with sponges that get soaked in distilled water inside for the humidity. Added wire shelves to be create 3 levels in there. Also have a hygrometer inside to monitor the humidity/temperature. Then a bunch of old wooden cigar boxes I got from various stores to keep the sticks in.

I'll post a picture of it later when I get home.

Anyone ever had their place broken into? Got back from being out of town for work last week and found out I'd been hit.

Dude got a Switch, PS4, iPad, Galaxy tablet, Bowers & Wilkins P7 headphones, and a wallet from my safe with 6 credit cards and my social security card :smh:

He left a Mac Mini I have hooked up to my TV in the living room, Sonos speaker, Dyson fan, Dyson wireless vacuum, all the TVs, iMac, and lots of other valuable stuff. He did take my dirty clothes hamper, so I'm assuming he filled it up and peaced out.

Been meaning to buy a camera or two for the apartment for the past several months...finally got to it a week late after getting hit
Start making calls about your social security card being stolen. I had my identity stolen a few years ago. It took over a year to get the charges off of my credit report.

So, finally moving out of my parents crib. Went to a local university (only dormed my first year) and saved guap through living at home through rest of undergrad and 2 years after that.

Would love for any general tips/guidance on the whole moving out thing. Anything from any life tips learned from moving to your first rental to what folks here have learned about interior decorating. Appreciate it.

My main thing would just be taking your time decorating. Don't put yourself into any unnecessary debt trying to buy stuff up front. Just have the basics so you have places to sit in the living room, a bed that's not on the floor in the bedroom, etc. I know it will feel bare at first, but take your time with things like wall art as you can reasonably afford them.

You living alone or with a roommate?

Back
Top Bottom