Bachelor Pad.

bump for some ideas.

ikea, west elm and Homegoods are your friends, get your major things like sofas, dining table and bed from WestElm, get your other essentials from Ikea, and then get all the decor and such from Homegoods :pimp:

at least thats how vie done it.

^cosign. i've been living at those places for the past few weeks. might even make an ikea run today.

still getting settled into my new place.

living room set up
2mn57jd.jpg

oqj6kj.jpg

some of you guys must have really good paying jobs...as im still in college i just moved out my 2 bedroom apt in towson and i was paying about 1200 a month..looking around for places has made me realize you really do pay for the location name of where your staying. im trying to stay around 900 for a 2 bedroom near my school but so far i have had little luck...no bueno

ikea, west elm and Homegoods are your friends, get your major things like sofas, dining table and bed from WestElm, get your other essentials from Ikea, and then get all the decor and such from Homegoods :pimp:
at least thats how vie done it.

thanks. do u know about shipping. my unit is small. but its my first home and i just want everything to be done properly. thing is. my unit is mostly carpet cept bathroom and kitchen. i wanna do something less conventional. but still thinking about ideas and arrangement. gotta get thag tape measure out. lol

some of you guys must have really good paying jobs...as im still in college i just moved out my 2 bedroom apt in towson and i was paying about 1200 a month..looking around for places has made me realize you really do pay for the location name of where your staying. im trying to stay around 900 for a 2 bedroom near my school but so far i have had little luck...no bueno

college life should be about school. then after that. you find your own place. but keep cash high and expenses low. its not what you make though. its what u save and what u dont spend. just saying.

times are tough. nothing beats having shelter and a cozy place you can call home.

lol. what items did you all get. trying to look for quality bar stools. bar table and sofa for now.

been checking online and shops, but dunno. might wanna get those sofa bed for guests. lol

^cosign. i've been living at those places for the past few weeks. might even make an ikea run today.

living room set up
2mn57jd.jpg

oqj6kj.jpg
Consider some wall art above the sofa

your tv is too high.

Eye level at seating position is optimal, at least have it on a tilt.

living room set up
2mn57jd.jpg

oqj6kj.jpg
Consider some wall art above the sofa

your tv is too high.

Eye level at seating position is optimal, at least have it on a tilt.
Too true. And what's the point of that backrest on the front of what looks like is supposed to be a chaise? That whole set up doesn't even look functional or comfortable, even if those cushions are plush as hell.

go look at West Elm, Crate and Restoration...Z Gallerie has nice stuff too...then search CL for what you like at 40-70% off. I got a 400 coffee table for $30 bucks on CL. Bought a $2500 bed for $295 on CL (Frame only) I dont mess with used mattresses.

Just look for deals.

i started moving in yesterday. nothing is at all set and wall art is definitely on the way.

Last edited:
college life should be about school. then after that. you find your own place. but keep cash high and expenses low. its not what you make though. its what u save and what u dont spend. just saying.
times are tough. nothing beats having shelter and a cozy place you can call home.

Very true. I agree with everything u said. But at the same time I still try to make my living space as nice as it can be while still living within my means. I probably can't afford half the stuff in this thread but it does inspire me for the future.

I've been living in my studio for about a month. In one to two more months I should have close to where I want it and then I'll take pics

living room set up
2mn57jd.jpg

oqj6kj.jpg

How do you get around that coffee table?! Charlie Horses for days!

RIP to your neck after watching a movie. i had my tv in a designated spot above the fireplace once and HATED it. glad i'm no longer living there and have my tv at eye level now.

or get a lack shelf from ikea :\

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70103622/

really? My TV is above the fireplace the same way and I've never noticed or thought about, and I've spent like entire days sitting there watching it.

Last edited:
^^ I don't think it's that big of a deal actually. I would prefer eye level or slight elevation upwards.

Anybody customize from west elm. Need more ideas on companies that would ship.

THanks!

really? My TV is above the fireplace the same way and I've never noticed or thought about, and I've spent like entire days sitting there watching it.
i havent had a problem with mine either. im not sitting upright watching like on a plane. plus given where the cable jacks are in tis apartment and the fireplace there wasnt really anywhere else to put it

Back
Top Bottom