Bachelor Pad.

My room. Girl caught my fat *** browsing NT. Second bedroom is her damned closet so I remain in the confines of my room and only move to go to work and take a deuce.
mlowwk.jpg

11hfq0i.jpg

Info on your bed? The headrest is :pimp:

well damb. Dallas banking like that?
i accidentally drove thru university park and highland park...

:x :x

north side, up in friso..

:x :x

DALLAS FOLKS know what i'm talking about... i heard University park has the highest billionaire per square mile radius in the world...
My room. Girl caught my fat *** browsing NT. Second bedroom is her damned closet so I remain in the confines of my room and only move to go to work and take a deuce.
mlowwk.jpg
that international NT browsing position, though...

i can dig it..

:pimp:

http://homes.yahoo.com/news/a-near-invisible-multimillion-dollar-glass-home.html

Glass-House-Cover-TPhifer-05-jpg_182002.jpg

Behold the Taghkanic House, presiding over a gentleman’s farm in upstate New York’s Hudson Valley, a two-hour drive from New York City. The most visible part of this largely invisible contemporary home consists of an 1,800-square-foot glass pavilion. Glass houses always raise questions of privacy. However, in this case such practical concerns are addressed so that the majority of the home's living space consists of hidden subterranean chambers.

The 8,800-square-foot home has six bedrooms, six full and three partial bathrooms. It has an asking price of either $6.75 million for 200 acres of protected property, or $8.25 million for an additional 150 acres and a three-bedroom renovated farmhouse. The listing is held by Heather Croner Real Estate and Sotheby’s International Realty.

Glass-House-TPhifer-2-jpg_182002.jpg

This minimalist habitation of glass and white-painted steel was built in 2001 as the first major project by architect Tom Phifer. The architect is known for his facility with light, as exemplified in the sun-filled, sky-lighted galleries he designed for the North Carolina Museum of Art.

Glass-House-Realtor-03-jpg_182002.jpg

The glass rectangular shapes seen in the sod here are skylights for Taghkanic House's underground spaces.

Glass-House-Realtor-4-jpg_182002.jpg

The above-ground glass living area allows 360-degree views of the surrounding Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains. Phifer designed another glass structure, Fishers Island House, for a client who wanted to sit in his house and look at his garden and his art at the same time, according to Dwell magazine.

Taghkanic owner Moyra Mulholland, a makeup artist in the entertainment industry, told an Albany publication that the idea of a glass house didn't sit well with her due to her fear of thunderstorms. Thus, Phifer refers to this area as the "celebratory space," while the subterranean space helps Mullholland feel protected.

Glass-House-TPhifer-5-jpg_182008.jpg

The substructure nestled into the gently sloping hillside is 7,000 square feet and includes the bedrooms, kitchen, media room, wine cellar and a refrigerated cheese room.

See even more photos of the house on CNBC.com.

I wonder what's the interest rates and mortgages on places like this.

I heard tiger woods is on a 10 year mortgage plan...

His notes were like... $100k a month...

Finally found a decent 1-br. Move in November 3rd and am digging through the thread for some ideas. Excited and very nervous... Only part that sucks is I wont have it fully furnished like I want and will have to work on it over these next couple months. Its not that bad though because Black Friday is around the corner so I can get some steals on all the non-essentials.

I'll definitely post some pics once I get it hooked up

Finally found a decent 1-br. Move in November 3rd and am digging through the thread for some ideas. Excited and very nervous... Only part that sucks is I wont have it fully furnished like I want and will have to work on it over these next couple months. Its not that bad though because Black Friday is around the corner so I can get some steals on all the non-essentials.
I'll definitely post some pics once I get it hooked up

Nice man 8)

Get them pics up

Been in the spot for a week now and its coming along nicely. Here are a few quick pics.

The rug pays homage to the Furry Wall in Get Him to the Greek :lol: Will have a new TV by the end of the month. Currently have a 32" on a 55" TV stand. Not a good look AT ALL.. Excuse all the wires. Still need to find a desk and get my work station set up.

Table and chairs came from the house. Plan to get new chairs in the future. Had to sneak the vinyl in there. Got two more on the way to fill up that wall space.

The bed alone takes up 80% of the room. Leaves very little clearance for the closet but still accessible. My fault for not measuring..

Still searching around for more wall hangings, plants, and curtains. Got a lot of space to cover. All in all, very pleased with how its coming along.

As for being out on my own, no better feeling yall. This thread has been inspiring for a long time and I finally have what I've been working hard for. Will upload a few more pics once I get some more stuff in.

Been in the spot for a week now and its coming along nicely. Here are a few quick pics.

The rug pays homage to the Furry Wall in Get Him to the Greek :lol: Will have a new TV by the end of the month. Currently have a 32" on a 55" TV stand. Not a good look AT ALL.. Excuse all the wires. Still need to find a desk and get my work station set up.

Table and chairs came from the house. Plan to get new chairs in the future. Had to sneak the vinyl in there. Got two more on the way to fill up that wall space.

The bed alone takes up 80% of the room. Leaves very little clearance for the closet but still accessible. My fault for not measuring..

Still searching around for more wall hangings, plants, and curtains. Got a lot of space to cover. All in all, very pleased with how its coming along.

As for being out on my own, no better feeling yall. This thread has been inspiring for a long time and I finally have what I've been working hard for. Will upload a few more pics once I get some more stuff in.

Place looks nice. Do you rent or own? Apartment, condo, house?

My only suggestions without spending a ton of money...add a little color here and there. Maybe it's the pics but it all looks beige & brown. Doesn't have to be anything crazy, I prefer subtlety but, some pillows, an accent wall, or small items with a little personality.

Place looks nice. Do you rent or own? Apartment, condo, house?
My only suggestions without spending a ton of money...add a little color here and there. Maybe it's the pics but it all looks beige & brown. Doesn't have to be anything crazy, I prefer subtlety but, some pillows, an accent wall, or small items with a little personality.

Thanks man. Its a one bedroom apartment. Got a 14 month lease with the 3rd and 14th month free.

And yea the place is definitely in need of some 'pop.' I just haven't settled on a color yet. Once I find some curtains I'll go from there. Right now, my focus is on the TV and desk. I work from home some days and setting up on the coffee table isn't comfortable.

Last edited:
I told myself I'd be more active in this thread... Moved in my 2BR back in August

Second BR is a closet... and we built this rack to hold all of this...

More pics to come as furnishing progresses...

I'm from Dallas and I'm not sure where that is. I live by Mockingbird station. Some of the homes around this area is sick. Especially in Highland Park and university. Those holmes are Bruce Wayne Status 8)

is this a custom color? id love the details if you dont mind sharing. most of the shades ive been finding are too brownish/Texas Longhorns for me.

got approved for the new crib today.. ill post pics later. stoked.

EDIT... post more pics later. realtor took the listing down, and i didnt save any of them.

Last edited:
I'm from Dallas and I'm not sure where that is. I live by Mockingbird station. Some of the homes around this area is sick. Especially in Highland Park and university. Those holmes are Bruce Wayne Status 8)

that $14m crib is downtown in the arts district. from the rooftop pics, you see the Crescent across the street.. probably on Pearl. proud to see some great development over the past few years. it's a damn shame what Laura Miller did to downtown Dallas, but they are finally pulling out of it... 10 years later. Imagine Cowboys stadium where the new Omni/Reunion (rip) are. smh.

University Park/Highland Park are pretty wealthy areas, but Southlake actually held the highest average household income in the country for a long time. still top 2-3, i believe. for those unaware. Uni Park and Highland Park are small cities (5-6 sq miles) in the heart of Dallas. basically sprouted up surround the SMU/uptown areas. George W lives there. Southlake is a burb in between Fort Worth and Dallas.

the houses in Uni Park are nice, but roll thru the preston hollow area, and you'll see the real Mike Tyson/Bill Gates type compounds. Tom Hicks has/had a 25 acre spot right off of Walnut Hill/75. that's CRAZY to even think about.

Back
Top Bottom