Bachelor Pad.

This thread isn't as lively as it once was but does any one have experience with polished concrete floors ? Looking at a warehouse that got turned to a loft

West Elm Rusting Storage Coffee Table, they make them in two sizes.

http://www.westelm.com/products/rustic-storage-coffee-table-g569/

Any opinions on what I should have on that empty wall to the left of my TV? Thinking one of those large Ikea mirrors but would prefer to avoid anything black or white (since the tv stand is white).

Also would like a patterned chair to face the windows on the side of the coffee table, or perhaps a storage bench?
maybe put a buffet table (great for keys, wallets, hats, etc for when you first come home) on the left side and have a mirror or a painting hang on that wall:

Bros!

Finally, after so long of me creeping in this thread, I can finally join.

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

got my first job in NoVa, moved up here and just have a small modest studio apt. So hype! Anyway, I shall be re-looking through this entire thread and I will slowly transform it.

Last edited:
maybe put a buffet table (great for keys, wallets, hats, etc for when you first come home) on the left side and have a mirror or a painting hang on that wall:

I've been looking for a nice console/mirror combo, I have a rather larger foyer area in the entrance separate from the living space so I will end up buying one and placing it there.

Thought about either of these combinations:

img56o.jpg
il_570xN.479772545_ejlo.jpg

or

img9o.jpg
il_570xN.479529393_elkb.jpg

I loved that blue/cream bench posted above but feel it matches TOO much with everything else, feel like my small chair/bench should have some pop. I need some more "circular" objects since everything has 90 degree angles in the room.

West Elm Rusting Storage Coffee Table, they make them in two sizes.

http://www.westelm.com/products/rustic-storage-coffee-table-g569/

Any opinions on what I should have on that empty wall to the left of my TV? Thinking one of those large Ikea mirrors but would prefer to avoid anything black or white (since the tv stand is white).

Also would like a patterned chair to face the windows on the side of the coffee table, or perhaps a storage bench?

A mirror hieght-wise that reaches to the same top-line as those paintings above the tv and ends at the bottom line of your tv stand.

I'm tuff it out in San Antonio just don't feel like the potential headache of driving to Houston and back twice a week and the trouble I can get into in Austin . I want to start a family in the next 2-5 years and San Antonio is just the right place for me to do that . Bruh you got people swinging from you in the living by yourself thread lol send some of those models my way once l.a. Chews them up and spits them out

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I only post mainly in the yamb thread , wrestling thread or when I have a ? . I was gonna start a thread about hustling and street life but I'm sure it would get locked with the quickness and be filled with posters trying to crack jokes and call duck tales . I dropped some knowledge in the 4 bricks thread and had people pming me and asking why would I post what I did lol

Last edited:
I'm tuff it out in San Antonio just don't feel like the potential headache of driving to Houston and back twice a week and the trouble I can get into in Austin . I want to start a family in the next 2-5 years and San Antonio is just the right place for me to do that . Bruh you got people swinging from you in the living by yourself thread lol send some of those models my way once l.a. Chews them up and spits them out
Yea I was gonna say if u tryin to stay in Texas to **** with Austin or Dallas but if u trying to do the married life in the near future San Antonio prolly is better. Lol I'm not on some big me little them type **** but like I told em they can take it however they want. And almost all my models r white girls I always got the feelin u was one of em brothas that preferred the sistas lol. Plus they as crazy as they sexy and u should see how damaged the ones r once they do get chewed up and spit out from hollywood or sin city lolU need to put a stripper pole or 2 on 1 of ur 3 floors with a bar and flat screens and **** so u can turn up there before u get into ur married life lol

Last edited:
Bruh got a stripper pole in my crib in atl so it's getting imported down here as far as sistas I've had all races and its the same color when the lights go off or when I finish .i rather have a skinny in shape chick than a thick one holding that mass any day. And yeah I know how they be when they leave the game lol I get tired if them asking what u do in every thread lol but it is what it is I don't try to post no big ish on here about me just incase somebody tries to play Columbo on here

Bruh got a stripper pole in my crib in atl so it's getting imported down here as far as sistas I've had all races and its the same color when the lights go off or when I finish .i rather have a skinny in shape chick than a thick one holding that mass any day. And yeah I know how they be when they leave the game lol I get tired if them asking what u do in every thread lol but it is what it is I don't try to post no big ish on here about me just incase somebody tries to play Columbo on here
Yea I'm a west coast cali ***** so I love me slim and fit chicks, I like thick ones too I notice thick out west here mean diff from thick down south lol. The ones my ppls down south be calling thick I call "country thick" which is too much for my taste. I've messed with few black women but the ones that I have found to be bad be the K.D Aubert looking ones, they usually happen to be from ur home state too bruh. I like em with the blue/green colored eyes. Now that I think of it I like a lota the white women from louisiana too, Ali Landry type brunettes with the tanned skin. I always had a good time in N'awlins eating bomb seafood and enjoying them jazz clubs with some beautiful women.

Yea I'm a west coast cali ***** so I love me slim and fit chicks, I like thick ones too I notice thick out west here mean diff from thick down south lol. The ones my ppls down south be calling thick I call "country thick" which is too much for my taste. I've messed with few black women but the ones that I have found to be bad be the K.D Aubert looking ones, they usually happen to be from ur home state too bruh. I like em with the blue/green colored eyes. Now that I think of it I like a lota the white women from louisiana too, Ali Landry type brunettes with the tanned skin. I always had a good time in N'awlins eating bomb seafood and enjoying them jazz clubs with some beautiful women.

If you ever thing about doing something down south let me know dead ***

In other news 2 more spots I looked at yesterday and today . First another 3 story loft 1400 square feet a slight diffrent layout

The second ill post from the MacBook . But this one has the bottom floor what ever, 2nd floor kitchen ,dining room ,bathroom and a bedroom / office, and up stairs is bathroom and space/ master bedroom. I like the first loft more because of the look this one is a bit more colorful which is cool I guess what do y'all think nt ?

Been lurking this thread for a while. I just moved to Kansas City for a job and I got my own place. One bedroom, 704sqft, nothing great but it works for me. Hopefully I can contribute soon.

Been lurking this thread for a while. I just moved to Kansas City for a job and I got my own place. One bedroom, 704sqft, nothing great but it works for me. Hopefully I can contribute soon.

3 hours away in Nebraska. Sup fam.

Hopefully I can contribute once I graduate lol. Be on some younghollywood type steez.. Dude is living

Some great ideas in here, can't wait to buy a place, just can't get myself to put the effort/money into going all out furnishing a rented space

Like this style

Clean setups yall. And just a little food for thought as far as buying vs. renting goes:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/13/AR2009111302214.html

5 myths about home sweet homeownership
By Joseph Gyourko
Sunday, November 15, 2009

Even as we wade through the wreckage of the housing collapse, Americans remain a staunchly house-proud people. And our government is apparently determined to encourage us: This month, President Obama signed into law an extension and expansion of the popular homebuyer tax credit, which had been scheduled to expire at the end of November. But before you rush out to claim your extra cash, take a moment to make sure you're not in the housing market for the wrong reasons. We've found that several of our most cherished beliefs about the value of a home don't hold true:

1. Housing is a great long-term investment.
Historically, the value of owner-occupied homes has risen at a fairly low rate, one that pales in comparison with the performance of stocks and bonds. Between 1975 and 2008, the price for houses of comparable quality and size appreciated an average of about 1 percent per year after inflation. You would have earned well over 2 percent per year after inflation had you invested in Treasury bills over the same period. And you would have earned even more on riskier investments: After inflation, Moody's corporate bond index rose an average of 6 percent per year between 1975 and 2008, while the S&P 500 stock index rose an average of 8 percent per year. Most of the return from owning your home comes not in financial gains but in the benefits you enjoy by living there.

2. The homebuyer tax credit makes buying a house more affordable.
Not necessarily. Just because you got an $8,000 tax credit toward the purchase of a home doesn't mean that you actually saved $8,000. In areas where there is strong demand for housing and the supply of new housing is limited -- including the Washington metro region -- tax credits may result in the bidding up of home prices. In other words, the program has probably led to higher prices in these areas than we would be seeing without it. This means that some of the benefit of the tax credit is being passed on from homebuyers to home sellers.

3. Homeownership is good for society because owners make better citizens.
This is the rationale behind the government's many efforts to subsidize and expand homeownership, and there is an appealing logic to the argument. Since homeowners have a financial stake in their communities, one might expect them to be more responsible and involved citizens. But there's no overwhelming evidence that higher homeownership rates make for better societies. Austria, Germany and Denmark all have ownership rates in the low 40 percent range, meaning that just over two-fifths of all housing units are occupied by their owners. This is well below the 68 percent ownership rate in the United States, but those countries don't appear to be suffering a shortage of civic-mindedness. At the other end of the spectrum, Spain's ownership rate tops 80 percent, but no one seriously claims that this makes Spaniards better citizens than Americans.

4. It's safe to buy a house with a very low down payment.
Because the Federal Housing Administration insures mortgages backed by down payments as low as 3.5 percent, you might think that buying a house with a low down payment is relatively safe. But in the case of a 3.5 percent down payment, a borrower winds up carrying $96.50 of mortgage debt for every $3.50 of home equity. And the less equity you have in your home, the greater the chance that a fall in prices will leave you owing more than the house is worth, a condition often described as being "upside down" or "underwater." In this example, housing prices only need to fall by 4 percent to leave a buyer underwater.

To put this in perspective, Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and other investment banks were using similar ratios of debt-to-equity to finance their investments before the financial crisis. Of course, buying your house with little money down is less risky than engaging in the complex trades that Lehman and Bear Stearns were making. Still, negative equity sometimes leads to mortgage defaults, and when buyers default, they lose not just their down payments but also closing costs and the value of any improvements they've made to their homes.

Even if buyers don't default, they may not be able to afford to move, because they have to pay off their old home loans to get new ones. My research suggests that households with negative home equity are half as likely to move as similar households with positive home equity. As a result, our borrowing binge during the recent boom will probably leave many people locked into their current homes. One of the great virtues of American society has long been our willingness to relocate and follow opportunity. But now, many families are going to be stuck in declining parts of the country, unable to take advantage of better labor market conditions elsewhere.

5. Owning a home is cheaper than renting one because you save on rent.
Most real estate agents will tell you this, but the argument doesn't survive scrutiny. It's true that if you own, you don't have to write a check to a landlord. However, you have to cover all the costs of maintaining the house. It is the same house with the same operating costs, whether you pay them directly or whether you pay rent to cover them. By covering these costs as the owner-occupier, what you spend (including your mortgage payment) comes very close to what you would have spent if you rented your house.

Many of us own because it is a way to commit to saving by building equity over time, but we should not expect to make large profits. Housing is an expensive durable good, and durable goods are costly to maintain. The main reason to own is because you really like your home, not because you think it makes you money. It doesn't.

Joseph Gyourko is the chairman of the real estate department and the director of the Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom