Bachelor Pad.

If you care about software features on the tv go with either lg or samsung.

Low-end may have software features butit wont match that of high-end tv.

Just gotta know what you want/need and what your willing to spend.

JUST PULLED TRIGGER ON THIS CANVAS PRINT FOR THE BASEMENT. REALLY INTO SPACE/GALAXY PRINTS.

61n1Su7MbyL._SL1000_.jpg

Can anyone recommend a home camera system? My mom has a daycare and she wants to see who’s ringing the bell. Trying to find something not too complicated, she doesn’t really know how to use her cell phone :lol: maybe something with a small screen unit instead of using a phone? Pretty much just need 1 camera too

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a home camera system? My mom has a daycare and she wants to see who’s ringing the bell. Trying to find something not too complicated, she doesn’t really know how to use her cell phone :lol: maybe something with a small screen unit instead of using a phone? Pretty much just need 1 camera too
You don't want to try The Ring?

there's really nothing much simpler than a nest or ring doorbell cam. she doesn't even really need to do anything as the video automatically starts streaming on her phone when the doorbell rings.

Is it annoying when a delivery person rings it only to leave the package and not really need you to come to the door immediately

i dont see why it would be. it would be more annoying to not know who is there. get up and run to the door only to see them walking away.

rant:

tired of coming home and not feeling at home.
i've got a couch and a bed in the place and been there over a year. havent had an urge to furnish or decorate cus i aint digging all of the condo like i thought i would.
def wanna keep living there its great but i wanna make it cozy.

i asked the owners of the condo im renting if they'd let me do some upgrading.
i need some wood flooring in the entrance/kitchen/bathrooms and some updated fixtures throughout.
nice area rug.
its a nice open plan. vaulted ceilings. great space.
just needs some love.

id be willing to do the work if they're willing to cover the cost.

end rant.

rant:

tired of coming home and not feeling at home.
i've got a couch and a bed in the place and been there over a year. havent had an urge to furnish or decorate cus i aint digging all of the condo like i thought i would.
def wanna keep living there its great but i wanna make it cozy.

i asked the owners of the condo im renting if they'd let me do some upgrading.
i need some wood flooring in the entrance/kitchen/bathrooms and some updated fixtures throughout.
nice area rug.
its a nice open plan. vaulted ceilings. great space.
just needs some love.

id be willing to do the work if they're willing to cover the cost.

end rant.
I know those nomad feels. Not knowing what country I'll be living in year after makes me not want to invest in my apartment. Going on 28 this year and I'm tired of this nomad feels.

For those who bought, how much did you dudes put down for a down payment on your crib?

I'm single and been trying my damnedest to save in hopes that I'm not too far from buying something which will become a bachelor home. Stressful.

Hang some art, get some decent furniture like side tables, lamps / lighting, some house plants

ive added a nice house plant and a painting on my mantle form my old condo.
but the kitchen floor kills me. maybe im being dramatic lol

but my old place had wood floors and i was able to dress it up nice. built a coffee table and all that.
someone stole my leather reading chair when i moved out too.

ive added a nice house plant and a painting on my mantle form my old condo.
but the kitchen floor kills me. maybe im being dramatic lol

but my old place had wood floors and i was able to dress it up nice. built a coffee table and all that.
someone stole my leather reading chair when i moved out too.

If your landlord does entertain the idea of changing the floors, there are a lot of options nowadays that aren't too expensive. Laminates and LVT planks that look like real wood, or even ceramic tile that looks like wood (more work though)

For those who bought, how much did you dudes put down for a down payment on your crib?

When I bought about 3-4 years ago, I put down 5%. 5% was the minimum required for my Credit Union to get the best rate (in addition to credit score).

That said, a lot of people are thinking that the housing market is beginning to slow - so be careful.

If your landlord does entertain the idea of changing the floors, there are a lot of options nowadays that aren't too expensive. Laminates and LVT planks that look like real wood, or even ceramic tile that looks like wood (more work though)
yeah if they ok it that laminate click clack flooring is the way ill go.

When I bought about 3-4 years ago, I put down 5%. 5% was the minimum required for my Credit Union to get the best rate (in addition to credit score).

That said, a lot of people are thinking that the housing market is beginning to slow - so be careful.

Forgive my ignorance because I'm new to this and probably dead wrong...but isn't a slow housing market good for buyers? Or are you just saying more would be required up front?

Forgive my ignorance because I'm new to this and probably dead wrong...but isn't a slow housing market good for buyers? Or are you just saying more would be required up front?

Depends... if it is just starting to slow now, you would be buying at the peak. As long as it doesn't down turn, you'd still be OK and technically - as long as you look at your house as a place to live and not an investment - you'll be fine. Depends on how long you'll live there as well. Most people suggest not buying unless you're going to live there at least 5-7 years, because that is the time frame it usually takes before you "come out ahead" when you sell.

But if you buy a house for $300k this spring, then the housing market slows / downturns and the house is only "worth" $275k... that is fine, as long as you can still afford your mortgage payment. But if you needed to sell for some reason, you'd have to bring your own money to the table just to sell. 5% of a $300k house is $15k - so your mortgage amount would be $285k. Most of your first few years of mortgage payments go mostly to interest, so after 3 years of payments you might still owe $280k. And if the house only sells for $275k, you would have to bring your own $5k to the table to pay off what you owe. And that doesn't even include sellers fees, which are typically 6%. 6% of $275k is $16.5k. So your $280k remaining principal on the loan - you'd have to bring $5k yourself (if it sold for $275k) to pay off the mortgage AND you'd have to pay $16.5k to sell it in realtor fees.

That is one of the negatives of buying with a low % down payment - you could be "underwater" quickly, if the market downturns. Another factor of buying with less than 20% down, is that you typically (depending on the mortgage type) have to pay PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance). That's just an extra fee tacked onto your mortgage payment, as an insurance since you didn't put enough down. My PMI is pretty cheap, only like $105 a month. I've considered re-appraising my home since the value has gone up considerably, so that I could drop the PMI.

Lot of factors go into it. Depends on your location, how much home prices are, the local economy, etc.

I'm single and been trying my damnedest to save in hopes that I'm not too far from buying something which will become a bachelor home. Stressful.

We put down 20% about 3 years ago. Since then the value on our house has gone up 30%, we just bought at the right time.

WE PUT DOWN 20% LAST YEAR. YOU CAN PUT DOWN AS LOW AS 3.5% I THINK OR EVEN NOTHING IF YOU ARE A VET. GOTTA BE CAREFUL WITH LOW DOWN PAYMENTS THOUGH FOR ALL THE REASONS TURBOSPARTAN POINTED OUT. YOU CAN GET IN TROUBLE QUICK IF THE MARKET DIPS AND YOU NEED TO SELL. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE THERE A LONG TIME THEN IT'S FINE.

Back
Top Bottom