Bachelor Pad.

nice crib, what do you plan on changing in it?

NT, I am probably moving to a 6th floor apartment this fall & after sum research I pretty much determined that my last mishap with that type of deal was stack effect + a poorly designed HVAC system in the building. The building I am possibly moving into this time doesn't have air conditioning, you have to get window units. What is the best window unit going these days if $$$$ is no object?

nice crib, what do you plan on changing in it?

NT, I am probably moving to a 6th floor apartment this fall & after sum research I pretty much determined that my last mishap with that type of deal was stack effect + a poorly designed HVAC system in the building. The building I am possibly moving into this time doesn't have air conditioning, you have to get window units. What is the best window unit going these days if $$$$ is no object?

Hate the basement flooring, so new wood floors for basement. And pretty much all the paint, so update all of that. Then just updating fixtures and probably redo master bathroom to a more modern look. Over 5k square feet so it will be a process to update it all. My winter projects.

The theater room will need a new projector and receiver but at least the speakers are nice and up to date. The rest of house sound system will also need an update. Then alarm system and cameras and I’ll be happy for a at least a couple years.

dope crib and congrats... so the house is not furnished like in the pictures and you have to do that yourself? if thats the case you just need some furniture and nothing else really... not much to fix up which is good

Gonna be ripping out the floor in my condo and putting in some new laminate. Currently it’s brown but I want more of a grey.

Any tips for those that have done it themselves? I was quoted $1200 for labour, I rather figure it out on my own. My buddy is getting all the tools from his dad to make my life easy.

Gonna be ripping out the floor in my condo and putting in some new laminate. Currently it’s brown but I want more of a grey.

Any tips for those that have done it themselves? I was quoted $1200 for labour, I rather figure it out on my own. My buddy is getting all the tools from his dad to make my life easy.

Unless you have a lot of time on your hands it’s not worth the headache. Seems simple when you watch a couple of YouTube videos but rather pay a professional.

Unless you have a lot of time on your hands it’s not worth the headache. Seems simple when you watch a couple of YouTube videos but rather pay a professional.
Depends on where he lives. Outside of innercity where is a pain to do anything, home projects are not that difficult. Just pull the pickup into the yard, drop off your stuff. Tear out old stuff and throw in back. I'd never done a floor before and did mine. Was not hard. Borrowed a couple of tools took me like two days to do about 1,000 sq. ft. That was hardwood that required some nailing. The vinyl laminate stuff requires even less effort.

I live in Louisville,KY. So price isn’t as bad. Deal done at 550k. As far as furnishing those were the listing photos, it will be furnished much nicer. Only furniture that stayed is the theater room seating. I’ll be doing all updates myself. Grew up building houses for my dads real estate development company. I travel a ton now for work, so it will be a process. I probably need to spend 20-30k to get it to my liking. Plus lifts in the garage to hold most of the cars. I can now get them all to one place with a couple lifts and leave my truck outside plus room for wife’s new Jeep in the garage. Need a space for the new corvette when it arrives next year. Garage will house my ‘11 ZR1, ‘17 Z06, ‘20 C8, ‘19 JL Jeep, lifted golf cart and Rzr.

Last edited:

I live in a condo in Toronto.. about 650 square feet total. I also have a big balcony where I can setup the tools

I have 2 weeks off in October so I was thinking about tackling the job then.

Damn thats alot of corvettes
I’m a big corvette fan. I have had quite a few, at least 1 of each generation besides the C1. Working on getting my C5 Z06 back from the person I sold it too years ago. Guess I could trade them all and buy a new exotic, but outside of ultra cars not much I like. Next will be a Porsche of some sort then start on all my dream cars growing up...F355, F360, Diablo, turbo Porsche, RX7.

I live in a condo in Toronto.. about 650 square feet total. I also have a big balcony where I can setup the tools

I have 2 weeks off in October so I was thinking about tackling the job then.

wow you live in toronto. i’ve always watched random videos on youtube about condos and stuff there. Seems like a great place to live. Diverse and affordable (by SF bay area standards).

wow you live in toronto. i’ve always watched random videos on youtube about condos and stuff there. Seems like a great place to live. Diverse and affordable (by SF bay area standards).

It’s not bad, I’m glad I bought when I did tho. I’m going to turn this into a rental property eventually and buy a house.

In honor of football season starting today.

4F2D9C1E-80DE-43B2-B1E6-7F906EB98773.jpeg

Make sure you add in the ability to stabilize the legs somehow, so that the table doesn't wobble if your floor isn't 100% flat.

^thanks! My neighbor and I will be welding a metal base for it. We will add the adjustable feet just Incase.

Hate the basement flooring, so new wood floors for basement. And pretty much all the paint, so update all of that. Then just updating fixtures and probably redo master bathroom to a more modern look. Over 5k square feet so it will be a process to update it all. My winter projects.

The theater room will need a new projector and receiver but at least the speakers are nice and up to date. The rest of house sound system will also need an update. Then alarm system and cameras and I’ll be happy for a at least a couple years.
In hopes of not coming off like I am "watching your pockets" don't go overboard and become the most expensive house on the market. Hurts when trying to sell the house.

Back
Top Bottom