Bachelor Pad.

Any recommendations on a quality mattress under 1k?

I currently have a 10" Lucid memory foam i coppped off Amazon about 3 years ago. At first it was awesome, really firm and i slept like a baby waking up refreshed every morning. Now its sunkin in and its been killing my back. From what ive read online, its almost impossible to get a replacement under their "20 year" warranty.
All input is appreciated

In hopes of not coming off like I am "watching your pockets" don't go overboard and become the most expensive house on the market. Hurts when trying to sell the house.

I appreciate that, but houses range from 500-800k in the neighborhood. House was listed at 600k but divorce had them motivated to sell. Within a 2 mile radius in the area houses reach upwards of 2million. So I’ll be well within the price target of the area and actually need to make the updates to keep it competitive in the market. I have a few other houses, but this will be my main house when I close Friday.

I appreciate that, but houses range from 500-800k in the neighborhood. House was listed at 600k but divorce had them motivated to sell. Within a 2 mile radius in the area houses reach upwards of 2million. So I’ll be well within the price target of the area and actually need to make the updates to keep it competitive in the market. I have a few other houses, but this will be my main house when I close Friday.
My MAN, you made off like a bandit, keep us in the loop on the progress it is going to be amazing once done. You a single cat, if so those pool parties. :smh:. Get some tall trees in the back to block out the neighbors.

Any recommendations on a quality mattress under 1k?

I currently have a 10" Lucid memory foam i coppped off Amazon about 3 years ago. At first it was awesome, really firm and i slept like a baby waking up refreshed every morning. Now its sunkin in and its been killing my back. From what ive read online, its almost impossible to get a replacement under their "20 year" warranty.
All input is appreciated
I purchased my mattress from All’s Well (allswellhome.com). It’s The Luxe hybrid version. No complaints from me. Its a good combo of firmness to hold you up and softness to knock you out.

My MAN, you made off like a bandit, keep us in the loop on the progress it is going to be amazing once done. You a single cat, if so those pool parties. :smh:. Get some tall trees in the back to block out the neighbors.

The wife will keep me under control on the pool parties, probably just be used by my daughter and dog. Almost every house in the neighborhood has a pool so no neighbors wanting to swim all summer. Clear to close on Friday movers coming next Friday to do all the lifting. Going to try and get some painting done this weekend before I’m out of town most of next week for work. Already ordered the basement flooring just waiting for it to come in. Luckily we paid cash so no concern of things not working out last minute. Appraisal came back today at 615k, so already ahead a decent amount.

The wife will keep me under control on the pool parties, probably just be used by my daughter and dog. Almost every house in the neighborhood has a pool so no neighbors wanting to swim all summer. Clear to close on Friday movers coming next Friday to do all the lifting. Going to try and get some painting done this weekend before I’m out of town most of next week for work. Already ordered the basement flooring just waiting for it to come in. Luckily we paid cash so no concern of things not working out last minute. Appraisal came back today at 615k, so already ahead a decent amount.
Are you going to do the garage floor, might be a good idea to knock it out before the move. Give it more time to dry, are you going to get an air compressor or anything? Thinking back on the old video when AMMONYC did his garage video.

Are you going to do the garage floor, might be a good idea to knock it out before the move. Give it more time to dry, are you going to get an air compressor or anything? Thinking back on the old video when AMMONYC did his garage video.
I have an air compressor already nothing huge but it does everything I need. Garage flooring will get done when the lifts get ordered and installed. Going to do all gladiator garage cabinets and wall mounts for organization so very little will remain on the floor outside of my big tool box and the normal car related equipment I can’t fit in the cabinets.

I have an air compressor already nothing huge but it does everything I need. Garage flooring will get done when the lifts get ordered and installed. Going to do all gladiator garage cabinets and wall mounts for organization so very little will remain on the floor outside of my big tool box and the normal car related equipment I can’t fit in the cabinets.

EPOXY FLOORS AND GLADIATOR CABINETS ARE CRUCIAL IF HAVING A FUNCTIONAL AND WORKING GARAGE. DID IT AT MY LAST HOUSE AND EPOXY FLOORS I HAD DONE ON MY CURRENT HOUSE THE DAY I MOVED IN. STILL HAVE TO FINISH THE WALLS IN MY CURRENT GARAGE IN ORDER TO GET ALL MY GLADIATOR STUFF BACK UP.

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

I was thinking about epoxy but I’m going to with Swisstrax. The former won’t hold up in the winter here

I was thinking about epoxy but I’m going to with Swisstrax. The former won’t hold up in the winter here

CLEVELAND HAS SOME OF THE ROUGHEST WINTERS IN THE COUNTRY AND THE EPOXY HAS HELD UP BEAUTIFULLY. A PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED EPOXY FLOOR IS DAMN NEAR BULLETPROOF. NOT TO MENTION LOOKS MUCH BETTER THAN THE TRAC FLOORING I.E. RACEDECK, SWISSTRAX, ETC.

EPOXY FLOORS AND GLADIATOR CABINETS ARE CRUCIAL IF HAVING A FUNCTIONAL AND WORKING GARAGE. DID IT AT MY LAST HOUSE AND EPOXY FLOORS I HAD DONE ON MY CURRENT HOUSE THE DAY I MOVED IN. STILL HAVE TO FINISH THE WALLS IN MY CURRENT GARAGE IN ORDER TO GET ALL MY GLADIATOR STUFF BACK UP.

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

Your pictures in the dry walled garage will be very similar. I’ve had gladiator in my past few houses and really like it. Walls will be similar gray with about the same color floor just a 3.5 car garage and will have 2 bendpak 4 post lifts. Been trying to find the best price on the lifts. Looks like about 8k for the better ramps and the drop covers between the top and bottom. Probably another 2k for for electrical and digging out and repouring the concrete where the posts will sit. Looks like my garage floor is 4” and likely not properly reinforced so i’ll cut out pads and pour 8-10” for each corner of the lifts. Then epoxy flooring will cover to hide the new concrete.

How much would it cost to have a 2 car garage professionally done?

If you are talking about the flooring it shouldn’t be bad. They make DIY kits that are pretty straight forward if you prep right. I did epoxy floor for my dad a few years ago and probably had 500 in materials for his 3 car garage.

If you are talking about gladiator garage organizers it really depends on what you want. You can go crazy and spend thousands or you can stick to the basics and keep it under 500 if you don’t need multiple cabinets and every accessory hanger.

How y’all feel about the GQ X CB2 collection?
Collection is nice. I like the sofas, but not digging the style of the legs used.

Sidenote: Still would love to own/live in a place with bare floors.

Your pictures in the dry walled garage will be very similar. I’ve had gladiator in my past few houses and really like it. Walls will be similar gray with about the same color floor just a 3.5 car garage and will have 2 bendpak 4 post lifts. Been trying to find the best price on the lifts. Looks like about 8k for the better ramps and the drop covers between the top and bottom. Probably another 2k for for electrical and digging out and repouring the concrete where the posts will sit. Looks like my garage floor is 4” and likely not properly reinforced so i’ll cut out pads and pour 8-10” for each corner of the lifts. Then epoxy flooring will cover to hide the new concrete.
Sounds incredible man, NICE 2 lifts. Just impatiently waiting until wife and pull the trigger on our next house. I learned so much in this house to carry into the next one. What is the ceiling height in your garage are you planning raising the car all the way up or just going halfway? Getting excited thinking about the ideas I have racing through my head damn blank canvas, basement, garage, and backyard. The wife can do whatever she wants in the rest of the house.

Sounds incredible man, NICE 2 lifts. Just impatiently waiting until wife and pull the trigger on our next house. I learned so much in this house to carry into the next one. What is the ceiling height in your garage are you planning raising the car all the way up or just going halfway? Getting excited thinking about the ideas I have racing through my head damn blank canvas, basement, garage, and backyard. The wife can do whatever she wants in the rest of the house.

Garage ceilings are 10ft. Putting corvettes on the top so they will go all the way up. Probably have to do side mount garage openers for additional clearance. My golf cart sits pretty high so will require the lift to be up all the way the rzr doesn’t sit quite as high. Included the only picture I can find of the golf cart from probably 5 years ago when I first built it. Set higher than my Silverado at the time. Heading to final walk through now.

Attachments

• E5F5C5A3-981C-4F5F-84A8-5B13D8FC7F3B.jpeg
    E5F5C5A3-981C-4F5F-84A8-5B13D8FC7F3B.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 64
all that for 550k?!

I need to get out of NY :lol:

NY is rough, I did about 14 months out there years ago. Think I was paying close to 4K a month for a 2 bedroom in the financial district. It was nice and my company at the time covered the majority of it. Anyone that has never been to Louisville, KY should visit. Not the crazy country racist environment that most expect. I’ve lived in most major cities east of the Mississippi and I really enjoy Louisville more than most.

Plus cost of living is stupid cheap. My place in Naples is half the size and 4 times the price. When I was in Atlanta, Indianapolis, and Dallas the home costs were similar to Louisville. Chicago was great 6 months a year and miserable the rest. Nashville is nice but over priced.

NY is rough, I did about 14 months out there years ago. Think I was paying close to 4K a month for a 2 bedroom in the financial district. It was nice and my company at the time covered the majority of it. Anyone that has never been to Louisville, KY should visit. Not the crazy country racist environment that most expect. I’ve lived in most major cities east of the Mississippi and I really enjoy Louisville more than most.

Plus cost of living is stupid cheap. My place in Naples is half the size and 4 times the price. When I was in Atlanta, Indianapolis, and Dallas the home costs were similar to Louisville. Chicago was great 6 months a year and miserable the rest. Nashville is nice but over priced.

What part of Atlanta did you live in?

Hey Guys- I'm loving this thread. Closing on a remodeled, 3 br, 3ba, 3 level 1600 sq ft townhome in about 3 weeks and can't wait. I plan on slowly turning it into a smart home and putting my touch on it. Here are some pics of the place when it was staged.

GetMedia-1.jpg GetMedia.jpeg GetMedia copy.jpg View attachment 2419528 GetMedia (2).jpeg GetMedia (1).jpeg

These pics are in the basement and I could use some help. Not sure of the best place to put a TV/couch down here. The layout is a little tight with the wet bar. Any ideas?

GetMedia (4).jpeg GetMedia (3).jpeg GetMedia-2 copy.jpg MDPG505058_14_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom