Bachelor Pad.

My spot as of now is a little studio type spot. Comfortable for me until I graduate in May. I would take pics but I don't want anyone to laugh haha. The females never complain though. Once I graduate and start working though, I'll have a real bach. pad. I already have an idea on how I will hook it up.

Nice tread. Feel like my stuffs all old after seeing these pics. After 3 years in my condo now. Seems way smaller than when I started. Need to donate some old things I have laying around.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Say what you want about the RL teddy pillows, but girls tend to like them. I used to have the bed sheet, too, but that was OD. The rest of the sheets and duvet are RL, but a little bit more grown up. May eventually remove the teddy pillows all together and just put them on my sofa because I have one of those RL throw blankets with the teddy embroidered in the corner thrown over the back of it.

The mattress is important, too. I used to have one of those cheap Ikea mattresses... thing would make my back hurt like no other if I slept too long, but it worked for ~$50. My new mattress was ~$1,000, but it's Sealy and has a thick memory foam top to it. I have a set of feather pillows (the new ones) and a set of firmer pillows (the teddy ones) so I can have a balance that can help with sitting up against the back/wall. There's nothing better to keep a girl coming back than knowing that she can feel good in your bed even when you're not on top of her.
You should get a headboard.

pimp.gif
 @ this thread...

Working on it. I need to get something thin to just mount on the wall because there isn't too much space between my bed and the TV (no flat planel). For now, my bed is just on a little elevated platform a few inches above the ground, but the mattress is about a foot thick so it's not terribly low.

If you got crown molding at your bachelor pad, don't be afraid to use dark bold colors. I have a dark chocolate brown crown molding in my bedroom that makes it look so masculine and strong, and it matches my baseboard, door and window trim, along with my bed frame. It just looks so sick, even my homeboy who's a painter for 10 years was impressed.

5xtkrb.jpg

713dl0.jpg

qyet5z.jpg

Tips from GQ

0407-GQ-HF01.01.jpg

The overall style and comfort of your bedroom has less to do with what you put in it than what you keep out. The easier it is to keep neat, the better it'll look over the long term, so do what you can to simplify. Your bed, for example, should take no more than thirty seconds to make. The trick: Ditch your flat sheet and sleep with only a soft duvet—which is how the Europeans do it. Come morning, just give your duvet a casual toss, leaving a generous drape at the foot of the bed (as we did here), and use your pillows to bridge any space at the headboard. No tucking involved. Likewise, buy an extra set of bedding so changing your sheets doesn't require washing and waiting—and avoid overstuffed mattress pads (they're a *#*+% to launder).

0407-GQ-HF02.01.jpg

Lose the alarm.

There are so many sounds that can stir you from your slumber; why settle for shrill beeping or the morning news? A more humane alternative: an old iPod loaded with a few of your favorite songs.

bedroom-04.jpg

Keep your lights small.

Your nightstand has less surface area than you think, so it's best to use the smallest bedside table lamp you can find, like Flou's slender and elegant Gabbiano. $477, www.flou.it

bedroom-05.jpg

Upgrade your duvet.

The duvet is the bedroom's most prominent feature—even more prominent than the expensive bed underneath it—so invest in a good one, like Area's simple and chic Heather duvet. $250, www.areahome.com

0407-GQ-HF02.02.jpg

Eliminate the tech.

Be vigilant about this. Leave your laptop and BlackBerry at the door and resist the temptation to turn your bedroom into a home theater. Good speakers are a must, but try giving your television the boot and see if it doesn't change your life.

bedroom-07.jpg

Don't work in bed.

A nightstand makes a poor desk, so restrict printed matter to the following: one or two books that you're actively reading and a Moleskine notebook for recording flashes of inspiration. $15, www.moleskineus.com

0407-GQ-HF02.04.jpg

Box it up.

A partitioned box, like this one from Dunhill, is perfect for keeping random man things—cuff links, watches, condoms—in order. Just don't let it turn into a junk heap; keep it less than half full. $440, www.dunhill.com

0407-GQ-HF02.03.jpg

Corral your crap.

All men have an inborn need to empty their pockets onto the nearest available surface when they enter a room. Don't fight it; just make sure there's a strategically placed tray to catch the mess. Your most luxurious option: Poltrona Frau's Type 1 Tray, which is upholstered with the same leather used in Ferrari interiors. $170, www.frauusa.com

bedroom-10.jpg

Get decent sound.

Instead of putting your speakers inches from your head, set up a Tivoli Model Two radio near the foot of your bed and hook it up to the iPod on your nightstand. It'll fill the room better than even the most expensive all-in-one units. $200, www.tivoliaudio.com

Cool thread

but why does almost everything have to be white, black, or dark brown? I didn't know "modern" was code for dull.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I still have a bit of remodeling and finishing to do around the house, but I'll post pics of what I have on my computer right now, and take more when I get back home this afternoon. I like where this thread is heading: "dressing better thread for your home". The only thing with the pics posted from the blogs is that they are of bachelor pads for people who can afford/find enormous living spaces.

These RL towels are
pimp.gif
. Gets you the comfort of a big, soft, plush towel, plus some extra impressive factor of having a familiar name on the tag. They had a sale on them in a recently at Macy's and Neiman's:

Say what you want about the RL teddy pillows, but girls tend to like them. I used to have the bed sheet, too, but that was OD. The rest of the sheets and duvet are RL, but a little bit more grown up. May eventually remove the teddy pillows all together and just put them on my sofa because I have one of those RL throw blankets with the teddy embroidered in the corner thrown over the back of it.

The mattress is important, too. I used to have one of those cheap Ikea mattresses... thing would make my back hurt like no other if I slept too long, but it worked for ~$50. My new mattress was ~$1,000, but it's Sealy and has a thick memory foam top to it. I have a set of feather pillows (the new ones) and a set of firmer pillows (the teddy ones) so I can have a balance that can help with sitting up against the back/wall. There's nothing better to keep a girl coming back than knowing that she can feel good in your bed even when you're not on top of her.

roll.gif

I like a lot of stuff from Ethan Allen, kinda pricey though.
When I move out I hope I can find a place that has hardwood floors in the bedroom. Carpet is not going to cut it

i live in a house, not an apartment or condo... but i guess it's still technically a "bachelor pad." i took some pics of my living room... house is 80 years old:

that's why it's angled... if you can't tell, most of the room is windows and i didn't want it on a tv stand. so the only choice left was above the fireplace. i was worried about it at first, but i love it now.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

If you got crown molding at your bachelor pad, don't be afraid to use dark bold colors. I have a dark chocolate brown crown molding in my bedroom that makes it look so masculine and strong, and it matches my baseboard, door and window trim, along with my bed frame. It just looks so sick, even my homeboy who's a painter for 10 years was impressed.

713dl0.jpg

nice...definitely a manly look...
although not a fan of the wall glaze

don't think I could get away with that in my place though

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Nice house..but two pianos?
no dinning room table?

floors look nice though...can't beat those aged hardwood floors

Back
Top Bottom