Ballin in Jordans?

retro XII - 04s are the best, but 09s are good as well.

awaiting word on how well the 2012 playoffs perform.

i played in a league game this week in the new 2012 n they were great. real comfortable and great grip. they hug the floor pretty well. but overall the the 12s were always my favorite to play in. they made my feet kinda sweaty tho.

Anything before 11, doesn't really hold up by todays standards imo.

11 decent traction, cushioning, adequate support. 11s don't seem to have long term durabiltiy....l i wouldn't be surprised if XI Retros are feet breakers these days.

12 decent to good traction. good support. Bomb-proof build. OGs aren't as comfortable as subsequent retros due to Zoom not quite being tweaked.

13 Comfortable, good support, traction is lacking. Not too durable.

14s, Good court feel, fairly supportive, but the ride is hard.

15 Lousy support. Lousy traction. Don't bother.

16. Good court feel. Not great support. Ride is very hard

17. Good support, decent court feel, heel cushioning is good. Forefoot cushioning seems to break down quick, soft rubber too...so outsole wears quick.

18. Very comfortable, but kind of unstable, possible ventilation issues? To me, these are more like a basketball inspired casual shoe, TBH.

19 One of the best perofrming Jordans made, imo. Scores well on everything....but the shroud version does have a tendency to cut up the ankles a bit. The SE verison is popular

20 Ankle strap is fiddly, not that supportive. Forefoot strap doesn't do much either. Cushioning is mediocre. Shoe feels a little unstable. Traction kind of lacking. XX is popular, perhaps just because of the number or Tinker's involvement.
Personally, i think the shoe is grossly overated in every aspect.

21 Good support, traction, build qualtiy on OGs is pretty good, but another shoe with hard forefoot cushioning. Phylon in the interchangable air pods breaks down quick

22 Good support, traction, build quality. Cushioning is pretty good allround. Again, same problem with phylon as the XX1. The XX2 PE fits different, feels like a tighter, more basketball focused shoe, whilst the OG feels more like fashion shoe you can play in.
Kind of an underated shoe, imo.

23: Decent traction, pretty good cushioning, but uncomfortably narrow around the outside of the toe box, imo. Doesn't flex enough at midfoot, but too little support at ankle.

Overall, i think the XIX SE may be the standout.

Originally Posted by swingshot

11 decent traction, cushioning, adequate support. 11s don't seem to have long term durabiltiy....l i wouldn't be surprised if XI Retros are feet breakers these days.

12 decent to good traction. good support. Bomb-proof build. OGs aren't as comfortable as subsequent retros due to Zoom not quite being tweaked.

17. Good support, decent court feel, heel cushioning is good. Forefoot cushioning seems to break down quick, soft rubber too...so outsole wears quick.

18. Very comfortable, but kind of unstable, possible ventilation issues? To me, these are more like a basketball inspired casual shoe, TBH.

19 One of the best perofrming Jordans made, imo. Scores well on everything....but the shroud version does have a tendency to cut up the ankles a bit. The SE verison is popular

20 Ankle strap is fiddly, not that supportive. Forefoot strap doesn't do much either. Cushioning is mediocre. Shoe feels a little unstable. Traction kind of lacking. XX is popular, perhaps just because of the number or Tinker's involvement.

21 Good support, traction, build qualtiy on OGs is pretty good, but another shoe with hard forefoot cushioning. Phylon in the interchangable air pods breaks down quick

22 Good support, traction, build quality. Cushioning is pretty good allround. Again, same problem with phylon as the XX1. The XX2 PE fits different, feels like a tighter, more basketball focused shoe, whilst the OG feels more like fashion shoe you can play in.

23: Decent traction, pretty good cushioning, but uncomfortably narrow around the outside of the toe box, imo. Doesn't flex enough at midfoot, but too little support at ankle.

Pretty good dissection 
The 18s I felt were a real good balling shoe.

The leather ones were solid, the suede was indeed more suitable for casual wear

Originally Posted by swingshot

smokin.gif
good info

yea i'd agree with the others that 11 and up are the better ones for ball (makes sense with better technology and most recent)

XIX SEs are very good shoes. I really like the XX3s - great traction, fit, cushioning, and comfort even though they are a tad bit stiff and I get the occasional pinky toe pain. I also like the the 2010s and the new Wade 2s are very good too.

Back
Top Bottom