ballin' in retros?

Ive played in retro 14's, 10's, 2's, and 11's. I've also played in the air max uptempo and the crazy 8s. My favorites have to be the airmax uptempo and the 14's by a mile, I've never had any problems with them.

But on my list of best ballin shoes ive ever worn, those two shoes wil probably be 5th and 6th

I always ball in my 4's because you wear them 4-5 times there beaters any way and one pair of flint XIIIs..

I have to give hats off to my Avia 830s excellent ankle support and good cushioning.

Here's a picture of me last year with retro IV's on:
retroivwk9.jpg

Here's another of me wearing retro V's in another intramural game last year:
retrovsdp7.jpg

I prefer the V's if I plan to get beat around a bit because of the ankle support. I've played a lot of basketball but since hanging up my officialjersey, I kinda just play in whatever shoes I like. As long as they have grip, I'm good to go.

I work at a big sports camp and play ball every day so lately i've been testing out what my whole collection can do on the court. My Jordan retro XXIs fromthe CDP work very well. Ialso like playing in my AJ retro VIIIs because i think they have great ankle support and are a very comfortable shoe. The only otherone i really could see myself using in a game from the tests i did were my black/red retro XIs but i never will again because they're the best looking shoeIMO and i dont wanna do anything to ruin them. The rest of the retros and i have almost on of each numbered Jordan now, aren't that great. Comfortable butdon't really make me say "wow this is a great performance shoe" you know?

Outside of fit and cushioning, if the sneaker is made for Basketball retro or not, you should be able to play in it. I'd hate tio think that Nike is makingbasketball shoes, that are not meant to be played in.

I mean, wouldn't that be STUPID?

Originally Posted by Miles Davis

Outside of fit and cushioning, if the sneaker is made for Basketball retro or not, you should be able to play in it. I'd hate tio think that Nike is making basketball shoes, that are not meant to be played in.

I hope you weren't being sarcastic because that's my thinking on it.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by dlsilva21

Originally Posted by Miles Davis

Outside of fit and cushioning, if the sneaker is made for Basketball retro or not, you should be able to play in it. I'd hate tio think that Nike is making basketball shoes, that are not meant to be played in.

I hope you weren't being sarcastic because that's my thinking on it.
embarassed.gif

I'm dead serious.

I prefer the XIVs when it comes to retros. I tried playing with the IVs (cool grey) and it felt really stiff. I almost rolled my ankle a few times in the IVs.But the XIVs are great.

i ball in my og flightposites they feel real good when i cross over my boys in my flight's.

are all yall playing organized ball or are you talking about even just for pickup games with your boys and stuff?

I'm thinking about hoopin in some flint VII's for a cross town rival game. I'll wear em in practice this week, then come game time make thedecision.

i normally only wear retros to indoor league games and stuff coz dont wanna trash em on outdoor courts. the good thing is that they look real good on court andoff-court and all the ones ive worn perform pretty good. used to wear the white/black air force max (barkley and fab 5 one) couple years back in college. ibeen wearing the air force max (the recently retroed one which i picked up at an outlet) lately to alotta games and they are pretty good. also been wearing thexv se (if that counts as a retro..prolly counts more of a team shoe) and they are real good too.

I played in the retro 4s which don't provide mush cushion and the CB 34s are perfect for me because they support my wide feet
happy.gif

I ball in retro flight lite lows, they have great gip on the wood and the have good support & they light! I ddunno how you guys play in jordan Vs they haveno grip worse grip than VIs IMO and VIs werent great.

Back
Top Bottom