Balling in Pearl Foamposite Pro's?

I am thinking about getting Pearl foam pros for bball.

Wondering if anyone has played in them and has any input on these. I am a shooting guard as well.

Thanks.

I am thinking about getting Pearl foam pros for bball.

Wondering if anyone has played in them and has any input on these. I am a shooting guard as well.

Thanks.

Heavy. Very heavy. Not a lot of give with the material which can lead to increased stress on your ankes, shins and knees. Great traction though!

Heavy. Very heavy. Not a lot of give with the material which can lead to increased stress on your ankes, shins and knees. Great traction though!

Implemented properly, a Foamposite upper will mold to your foot, and will provide a little extra support, and will still be flexible enough.

Like i said if Implemented properly.

I don't know how Nike make Foamposite uppers these days, they could be cheaping out.

Can't fault the OGs on cushioning, later versions don't know.

Outsole.... i've some doubts about the traction on the Foam Pro, as opposed to the Foam one.

A lot of it depends on what year they were made.... since Nike are getting super cheap these days.

Implemented properly, a Foamposite upper will mold to your foot, and will provide a little extra support, and will still be flexible enough.

Like i said if Implemented properly.

I don't know how Nike make Foamposite uppers these days, they could be cheaping out.

Can't fault the OGs on cushioning, later versions don't know.

Outsole.... i've some doubts about the traction on the Foam Pro, as opposed to the Foam one.

A lot of it depends on what year they were made.... since Nike are getting super cheap these days.

I've not played in the retros but the OGs worked as advertised, great traction and awesome cushioning. The one thing that sucked was that there was no breathability, my feet got super damp after playing.

I've not played in the retros but the OGs worked as advertised, great traction and awesome cushioning. The one thing that sucked was that there was no breathability, my feet got super damp after playing.

These are not good for playing basketball in.
Retro Foamposites are more for casual style wear nowadays.

Originally Posted by Sly1992

I don't believe that crap. Granted these are somewhat heavy, the technology used is still up to par with alot of current shoes out on the market today. Not everyone wants a lightweight sneaker like the Hyperdunks or Kobe's for balling...especially centers and forwards...

I've balled in these before, and I felt these were very comfortable on foot...I would not discourage anyone from at least trying them on at least for a quick shootaround before deciding if these are a good match for them on the court.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Sly1992

I don't believe that crap. Granted these are somewhat heavy, the technology used is still up to par with alot of current shoes out on the market today. Not everyone wants a lightweight sneaker like the Hyperdunks or Kobe's for balling...especially centers and forwards...

I've balled in these before, and I felt these were very comfortable on foot...I would not discourage anyone from at least trying them on at least for a quick shootaround before deciding if these are a good match for them on the court.
happy.gif

They are decent balling shoes...like someone said previously it is on the heavy side, but some people prefer that.
Same goes with the air max/zoom air debate.

They are decent balling shoes...like someone said previously it is on the heavy side, but some people prefer that.
Same goes with the air max/zoom air debate.

Originally Posted by alpha Q

I've wondered about that.  There are no holes or breathable material on the shoe so it would seem like your foot is baking in the shoe

Originally Posted by alpha Q

I've wondered about that.  There are no holes or breathable material on the shoe so it would seem like your foot is baking in the shoe

i ball in them and i love them. Once they mold to your feet it feels like you're not wearing anything.
Ankle Support is awesome and the mid cut allows good mobility
Stability is awesome as well.
The fit is phenomenal My feet don't slide at all during play no matter how hard i cut.
The comfort is nice with the full length bootie but the breaking period can be painful but i think its well worth it
Cushioning is full length zoom double stacked in the heel making for one of the best rides ever IMO
heel to toe transition is not very good. It feels clunky but at high speeds its feels smoother
the 3/4 length carbon fiber spring plate adds a little spring and provides nice arch support as well as lateral stability at the mid foot and forefoot
traction is very good. the herringbone is placed in all the right spots and i never had a problem with slippage
Breathability is not a concern of mine but this shoe is known to get hot. But its necessary in order for the upper to mold to your foot
Weight is heavy but what you get is unbelievable support, durability, and a custom fit
Outdoors is nice for foams the soles last pretty well.

i ball in them and i love them. Once they mold to your feet it feels like you're not wearing anything.
Ankle Support is awesome and the mid cut allows good mobility
Stability is awesome as well.
The fit is phenomenal My feet don't slide at all during play no matter how hard i cut.
The comfort is nice with the full length bootie but the breaking period can be painful but i think its well worth it
Cushioning is full length zoom double stacked in the heel making for one of the best rides ever IMO
heel to toe transition is not very good. It feels clunky but at high speeds its feels smoother
the 3/4 length carbon fiber spring plate adds a little spring and provides nice arch support as well as lateral stability at the mid foot and forefoot
traction is very good. the herringbone is placed in all the right spots and i never had a problem with slippage
Breathability is not a concern of mine but this shoe is known to get hot. But its necessary in order for the upper to mold to your foot
Weight is heavy but what you get is unbelievable support, durability, and a custom fit
Outdoors is nice for foams the soles last pretty well.

i've played both in my ones and pros and what they said, it is heavy and comfortable,breathability is minimal.. i often take it off after a full set just to get some air on my feet, it would be best to try it out yourself. im also a guard and it does take a little extra effort going up and down the court with a pair on, but then again to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom