BART Cop Murder Trial: *BREAKING NEWS* Mehserle released from prison

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

It's sad. Oakland is could potentially be a hub for so many great minds and people of peace, but mob mentality wraps the youth of Oakland into mindless violence.

Those who do participate in any violent acts in Oakland do not do so in the name of justice. What will come to transpire will be the actions of trapped people who've lost their way.

I had to fix the second sentence, but I agree with the rest.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Unfortunately the actions of Oscar Grant and his friends that led up to that train being held and his subsequent death played a vital role in this. It was close to 2nd degree but ultimately involuntary won out after Meserhle took the stand.

And regarding the disparity of cultural backgrounds hinted by a NTer, both sides have to agree to the jury I believe?

I just started following this story on NT a few days ago, but I thought he got jumped or something? What happened?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

footlocker always seems to catch it, lmfao

laugh.gif
You'd think they would learn from all of the Jordan releases too...

Originally Posted by What up

Would not even care if a few goons got "accidently" shot tonight. Then their moms will be on the news crying saying their sons had so much potential. Yea, I bet. Your son was so skilled at breaking into Footlockers.

Kinda going off-topic, but this is one thing I can't stand like when someone's son, who's in a gang or involved in gang-related activities, dies then their parents wanna come out and act like their kid didn't deserve it. I understand they just lost their kid, but if you're going to allow them to run the streets then don't act surprised when they get caught up. Unfortunately, there are always innocent kids that get caught in cross-fire or mistaken for someone else and get killed, and those are the only ones I feel sorry for. At the end of the day, we all make our own beds and we have to lay in them.

It's sad. Oakland is could potentially be a hub for so many great minds and people of peace, but mob mentality wraps the youth of Oakland into mindless violence.

Those who do participate in any violent acts in Oakland do not do so in the name of justice. What will come to transpire will be the actions of trapped people who've lost their way.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Unfortunately the actions of Oscar Grant and his friends that led up to that train being held and his subsequent death played a vital role in this. It was close to 2nd degree but ultimately involuntary won out after Meserhle took the stand.

And regarding the disparity of cultural backgrounds hinted by a NTer, both sides have to agree to the jury I believe?

I just started following this story on NT a few days ago, but I thought he got jumped or something? What happened?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

footlocker always seems to catch it, lmfao

laugh.gif
You'd think they would learn from all of the Jordan releases too...

Originally Posted by What up

Would not even care if a few goons got "accidently" shot tonight. Then their moms will be on the news crying saying their sons had so much potential. Yea, I bet. Your son was so skilled at breaking into Footlockers.

Kinda going off-topic, but this is one thing I can't stand like when someone's son, who's in a gang or involved in gang-related activities, dies then their parents wanna come out and act like their kid didn't deserve it. I understand they just lost their kid, but if you're going to allow them to run the streets then don't act surprised when they get caught up. Unfortunately, there are always innocent kids that get caught in cross-fire or mistaken for someone else and get killed, and those are the only ones I feel sorry for. At the end of the day, we all make our own beds and we have to lay in them.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

I went to two community colleges in Oakland this past spring, and I'll be the first to tell anyone that I was stunned by how many young people are committed to bettering themselves and the community. People who talked about green solutions to save Oakland's unemployed, people who volunteered at hospitals, welfare centers, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, so many different places that they said they grew up participating at their entire lives. People who have plans to attend colleges around the country, people who have already committed to far away schools to study and grow. Out of the most desperate situation you will always find individuals determined to survive, gripping threads of hope, refusing to let go. It's those kind of people that must give us pause when seeking to blanket a situation as impossible to resolve.

I admit that Oakland could certainly become a greater place for new minds and prosperity, but it is definitely not without it's promising stars.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

I went to two community colleges in Oakland this past spring, and I'll be the first to tell anyone that I was stunned by how many young people are committed to bettering themselves and the community. People who talked about green solutions to save Oakland's unemployed, people who volunteered at hospitals, welfare centers, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, so many different places that they said they grew up participating at their entire lives. People who have plans to attend colleges around the country, people who have already committed to far away schools to study and grow. Out of the most desperate situation you will always find individuals determined to survive, gripping threads of hope, refusing to let go. It's those kind of people that must give us pause when seeking to blanket a situation as impossible to resolve.

I admit that Oakland could certainly become a greater place for new minds and prosperity, but it is definitely not without it's promising stars.

Originally Posted by MFTIOA

I think it is at least 2 years for involuntary manslaughter and at least 3 years for the use of a firearm. So 5 years minimum.
its five years minimum but i'm sure they'll come up with some stupid reason to let em out quick

I think it is at least 2 years for involuntary manslaughter and at least 3 years for the use of a firearm. So 5 years minimum.
its five years minimum but i'm sure they'll come up with some stupid reason to let em out quick

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Wow involuntary manslaughter I hope he gets it in prison. Its funny how you can hide behind a badge and kill an innocent man.

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

Just in case the doubters come in talking about he didnt deserve the second degree murder wrap
He didnt, I doubt he INTENTIONALLY tried to kill him
So wait if I had you cuffed and I shot you in the back while you are face down that was not intentionally trying to kill you?
No genius, you dont know if he INTENTIONALLY tried to kill him or not.  You have no proof he INTENTIONALLY tried to.  If I wanted to murder someone, I wouldve aimed at their head, if not fire multiple rounds.
I hate when people try to justify actions of the police. They are TRAINED for these situations and worse for months at a time. They know what a gun looks like, and what it does from any distance and caliber. 
There is NO EXCUSE for a person in uniform to say he didnt know. Unless the officer was pepper sprayed, or in any other way disoriented then maybe. But you still know what side your gun is on, its the same everyday you put on your uniform.
When a street fight goes down and someone shoots and hits the other from a distance, that person is usually charged with second degree murder. Not involuntary manslaughter.

Wow involuntary manslaughter I hope he gets it in prison. Its funny how you can hide behind a badge and kill an innocent man.

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

Just in case the doubters come in talking about he didnt deserve the second degree murder wrap
He didnt, I doubt he INTENTIONALLY tried to kill him
So wait if I had you cuffed and I shot you in the back while you are face down that was not intentionally trying to kill you?
No genius, you dont know if he INTENTIONALLY tried to kill him or not.  You have no proof he INTENTIONALLY tried to.  If I wanted to murder someone, I wouldve aimed at their head, if not fire multiple rounds.
I hate when people try to justify actions of the police. They are TRAINED for these situations and worse for months at a time. They know what a gun looks like, and what it does from any distance and caliber. 
There is NO EXCUSE for a person in uniform to say he didnt know. Unless the officer was pepper sprayed, or in any other way disoriented then maybe. But you still know what side your gun is on, its the same everyday you put on your uniform.
When a street fight goes down and someone shoots and hits the other from a distance, that person is usually charged with second degree murder. Not involuntary manslaughter.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Good behavior.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Good behavior.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Newscaster: what does looting a Footlocker have to do with justice for Oscar Grant?

Looter in Oscar Grant mask:................that's what they get.....that's what happens when you mess with us!

smh

sad.

Newscaster: what does looting a Footlocker have to do with justice for Oscar Grant?

Looter in Oscar Grant mask:................that's what they get.....that's what happens when you mess with us!

smh

sad.

Originally Posted by angeezy

smh

sad.

Call it ignorance but before the looting took place the only story being PUT ON was how great the cops were controlling the crowd when really it was the crowd controlling itself.  The looting helped to prove that point, the cops wasn't doin shiit.

Originally Posted by angeezy

smh

sad.

Call it ignorance but before the looting took place the only story being PUT ON was how great the cops were controlling the crowd when really it was the crowd controlling itself.  The looting helped to prove that point, the cops wasn't doin shiit.

They showed some statistics on KTVU last night or the night before....

Out of the 78 or so arrests:

-- 19 were from Oakland
-- 28 were from the Bay Area, outside of Oakland
-- 19 were from California, but not the Bay Area
-- 12 were from out of state

Degenerate423 - as far as I've read/recall (even back as far as the OG thread on NT that came out the day Oscar Grant was shot) him and his friends were in an altercation on the train. I've never heard he was jumped. If so, then that's news to me. I thought they were the ones causing the trouble, hence some of the ridiculous testimony his friends gave.

They showed some statistics on KTVU last night or the night before....

Out of the 78 or so arrests:

-- 19 were from Oakland
-- 28 were from the Bay Area, outside of Oakland
-- 19 were from California, but not the Bay Area
-- 12 were from out of state

Degenerate423 - as far as I've read/recall (even back as far as the OG thread on NT that came out the day Oscar Grant was shot) him and his friends were in an altercation on the train. I've never heard he was jumped. If so, then that's news to me. I thought they were the ones causing the trouble, hence some of the ridiculous testimony his friends gave.

Back
Top Bottom