BART Cop Murder Trial: *BREAKING NEWS* Mehserle released from prison

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by What up

Would not even care if a few goons got "accidently" shot tonight. Then their moms will be on the news crying saying their sons had so much potential. Yea, I bet. Your son was so skilled at breaking into Footlockers.

Kinda going off-topic, but this is one thing I can't stand like when someone's son, who's in a gang or involved in gang-related activities, dies then their parents wanna come out and act like their kid didn't deserve it. I understand they just lost their kid, but if you're going to allow them to run the streets then don't act surprised when they get caught up. Unfortunately, there are always innocent kids that get caught in cross-fire or mistaken for someone else and get killed, and those are the only ones I feel sorry for. At the end of the day, we all make our own beds and we have to lay in them.
No-one deserves to get killed ...

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by What up

Would not even care if a few goons got "accidently" shot tonight. Then their moms will be on the news crying saying their sons had so much potential. Yea, I bet. Your son was so skilled at breaking into Footlockers.

Kinda going off-topic, but this is one thing I can't stand like when someone's son, who's in a gang or involved in gang-related activities, dies then their parents wanna come out and act like their kid didn't deserve it. I understand they just lost their kid, but if you're going to allow them to run the streets then don't act surprised when they get caught up. Unfortunately, there are always innocent kids that get caught in cross-fire or mistaken for someone else and get killed, and those are the only ones I feel sorry for. At the end of the day, we all make our own beds and we have to lay in them.
No-one deserves to get killed ...

Hey I know that lady with the dreads/locks at the beginning of the video, she was one of my highschool teachers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Wow involuntary manslaughter I hope he gets it in prison. Its funny how you can hide behind a badge and kill an innocent man.

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

Just in case the doubters come in talking about he didnt deserve the second degree murder wrap
He didnt, I doubt he INTENTIONALLY tried to kill him
So wait if I had you cuffed and I shot you in the back while you are face down that was not intentionally trying to kill you?
No genius, you dont know if he INTENTIONALLY tried to kill him or not.  You have no proof he INTENTIONALLY tried to.  If I wanted to murder someone, I wouldve aimed at their head, if not fire multiple rounds.

So wait I have someone handcuffed laying face down I shoot him point blank range I was what trying to stun him?? Is not the video enough proof. If a civilian who is untrained for those situations would do that he would be found guilty but a police officer who must have had training and most likely in the situation before does its an accident?? You sir are a moron.

Wow involuntary manslaughter I hope he gets it in prison. Its funny how you can hide behind a badge and kill an innocent man.

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

Just in case the doubters come in talking about he didnt deserve the second degree murder wrap
He didnt, I doubt he INTENTIONALLY tried to kill him
So wait if I had you cuffed and I shot you in the back while you are face down that was not intentionally trying to kill you?
No genius, you dont know if he INTENTIONALLY tried to kill him or not.  You have no proof he INTENTIONALLY tried to.  If I wanted to murder someone, I wouldve aimed at their head, if not fire multiple rounds.

So wait I have someone handcuffed laying face down I shoot him point blank range I was what trying to stun him?? Is not the video enough proof. If a civilian who is untrained for those situations would do that he would be found guilty but a police officer who must have had training and most likely in the situation before does its an accident?? You sir are a moron.

Never has it been conclusive that he was fully restrained with handcuffs. Testimony from both sides made it seem like he was resisting when Mesherle attempted to use his taser.

By the way - expert testimony made it seem possible that he could mistakingly grab his taser...coupled with the all of 8 hours of total training he had.

Let's not forget the whole situation was anything but calm and normal...New Year's Eve, drunk, packed trains, yelling etc. This dude was a transit cop and not a good one and the whole BART force has been a butt of many jokes for many years...it was a perfect storm of things to go wrong and the unfortunate result was the untimely death of Oscar Grant. However, the above is why you have involuntary manslaughter as opposed to 2nd degree murder.

Never has it been conclusive that he was fully restrained with handcuffs. Testimony from both sides made it seem like he was resisting when Mesherle attempted to use his taser.

By the way - expert testimony made it seem possible that he could mistakingly grab his taser...coupled with the all of 8 hours of total training he had.

Let's not forget the whole situation was anything but calm and normal...New Year's Eve, drunk, packed trains, yelling etc. This dude was a transit cop and not a good one and the whole BART force has been a butt of many jokes for many years...it was a perfect storm of things to go wrong and the unfortunate result was the untimely death of Oscar Grant. However, the above is why you have involuntary manslaughter as opposed to 2nd degree murder.

Back
Top Bottom