BART Cop Murder Trial: *BREAKING NEWS* Mehserle released from prison

[h1]Illness postpones Mehserle trial deliberations[/h1]

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15449148?nclick_check=1

And another jury is going on vacation. The alternatives that will replace them are women, making the total headcount 9 women, 3 men.

I also read in another article that the selection process for the jury was sped up and they were looking for more liberal individuals who knew a little about the rights all officers have. That's sort of skewing things in my opinion since the jury is now more prone to lean towards the idea that "Mehserle felt threatened and therefore was right to pull out his stun gun and taser Oscar Grant" --> then that premise will lead to "While threatened, he accidentally pulled out his handgun and acted quickly..." or something along those lines. If you look at the history of similar trials involving cops(forget the race issue for a second), cops are usually found not guilty

We'll see how this one goes. I'll avoid Oakland regardless.  Those of you excited about the riots and looting are absolutely ******ed. 

[h1]Illness postpones Mehserle trial deliberations[/h1]

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15449148?nclick_check=1

And another jury is going on vacation. The alternatives that will replace them are women, making the total headcount 9 women, 3 men.

I also read in another article that the selection process for the jury was sped up and they were looking for more liberal individuals who knew a little about the rights all officers have. That's sort of skewing things in my opinion since the jury is now more prone to lean towards the idea that "Mehserle felt threatened and therefore was right to pull out his stun gun and taser Oscar Grant" --> then that premise will lead to "While threatened, he accidentally pulled out his handgun and acted quickly..." or something along those lines. If you look at the history of similar trials involving cops(forget the race issue for a second), cops are usually found not guilty

We'll see how this one goes. I'll avoid Oakland regardless.  Those of you excited about the riots and looting are absolutely ******ed. 

a juror was sick today so they wont be working today and another juror has a vacation planned so they have a feeling its gonna get rushed tomorrow.

a juror was sick today so they wont be working today and another juror has a vacation planned so they have a feeling its gonna get rushed tomorrow.

Oakland Police Dept and National Guard on stand-by for riots. I think he gets convicted for involuntary manslaughter. I still don't get how the hell could he not differentiate between a stun gun and a gun. Oakland will not be a pretty sight if he walks free. It is stupid as well that the jury consists of no black woman or man. Ridiculous

Oakland Police Dept and National Guard on stand-by for riots. I think he gets convicted for involuntary manslaughter. I still don't get how the hell could he not differentiate between a stun gun and a gun. Oakland will not be a pretty sight if he walks free. It is stupid as well that the jury consists of no black woman or man. Ridiculous

Originally Posted by jordan723

The only jury I was ever on was an all white jury that found a black defendant not guilty. So it's nice that you're just assuming a jury that doesn't have a black person can't be objective.

The only jury I was ever on was an all white jury that found a black defendant not guilty. So it's nice that you're just assuming a jury that doesn't have a black person can't be objective.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Well the law also states that you should be judged by a jury of your peers if I'm not mistaken.  Thus the jury should have a similar makeup to the demographic of the community.  So if that part of Oakland is 30-40% Black, there should be someone Black on the jury. 

Well the law also states that you should be judged by a jury of your peers if I'm not mistaken.  Thus the jury should have a similar makeup to the demographic of the community.  So if that part of Oakland is 30-40% Black, there should be someone Black on the jury. 

white guilt ftw
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

white guilt ftw
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

'If your referring to the video I posted, your not getting the point.

And secondly, the video is not about 'rioting'."

No, I was referring to the couple of morons in this thread that stated they would be going into Oakland if there were riots.

'If your referring to the video I posted, your not getting the point.

And secondly, the video is not about 'rioting'."

No, I was referring to the couple of morons in this thread that stated they would be going into Oakland if there were riots.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi.../08/BAM21EBDOD.DTL&tsp=1

(07-08) 14:50 PDT LOS ANGELES -- Jurors have reached a verdict in the murder trial of former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle, who shot and killed unarmed train passenger Oscar Grant on Jan. 1, 2009.

The verdict is scheduled to be read in Judge Robert Perry's downtown Los Angeles courtroom at about 4 p.m. today, said a source with knowledge of the matter.

Jurors were given four options during deliberations. They could convict Mehserle, 28, of second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter, or they could acquit him.

Mehserle's shooting of Grant at the Fruitvale Station in Oakland was witnessed by dozens of New Year's revelers on their way home from San Francisco and was captured on video by five other train riders.

It prompted a series of protests, including one that mushroomed into a riot in downtown Oakland. The trial was moved to Los Angeles because of heavy publicity in the Bay Area.

Alameda County prosecutor David Stein argued that Mehserle had lost control of his emotions and shot the 22-year-old Grant intentionally in the back after briefly trying to handcuff him in the wake of a fight on a train.

Grant was on his chest on the station platform. Mehserle testified that he had decided to use his Taser because he saw Grant put his right hand in his pants pocket and believed Grant might be reaching for a gun. The Hayward man turned out to be unarmed.

Mehserle said he had accidentally pulled out his pistol and fired a single shot before realizing he had grabbed the gun and not his Taser. Stein called the story a fabrication.\

Check back at SFGate.com for developments.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi....DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0t8B8gAMO

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi.../08/BAM21EBDOD.DTL&tsp=1

(07-08) 14:50 PDT LOS ANGELES -- Jurors have reached a verdict in the murder trial of former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle, who shot and killed unarmed train passenger Oscar Grant on Jan. 1, 2009.

The verdict is scheduled to be read in Judge Robert Perry's downtown Los Angeles courtroom at about 4 p.m. today, said a source with knowledge of the matter.

Jurors were given four options during deliberations. They could convict Mehserle, 28, of second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter, or they could acquit him.

Mehserle's shooting of Grant at the Fruitvale Station in Oakland was witnessed by dozens of New Year's revelers on their way home from San Francisco and was captured on video by five other train riders.

It prompted a series of protests, including one that mushroomed into a riot in downtown Oakland. The trial was moved to Los Angeles because of heavy publicity in the Bay Area.

Alameda County prosecutor David Stein argued that Mehserle had lost control of his emotions and shot the 22-year-old Grant intentionally in the back after briefly trying to handcuff him in the wake of a fight on a train.

Grant was on his chest on the station platform. Mehserle testified that he had decided to use his Taser because he saw Grant put his right hand in his pants pocket and believed Grant might be reaching for a gun. The Hayward man turned out to be unarmed.

Mehserle said he had accidentally pulled out his pistol and fired a single shot before realizing he had grabbed the gun and not his Taser. Stein called the story a fabrication.\

Oh man....so glad I am going out of town this weekend and won't see the craziness of it all. This is a long shot but I hope nothing happens regardless of the verdict. It just makes Oakland even worse then it is.

Oh man....so glad I am going out of town this weekend and won't see the craziness of it all. This is a long shot but I hope nothing happens regardless of the verdict. It just makes Oakland even worse then it is.

Back
Top Bottom