Basketball Reviews

soap and water, then just water with magic eraser. that magic eraser is no joke, there's some sort of magical ingredient in there that just cleans dirt andfilth away.

with inflating a bball, just pump it all the way until you feel there's enough air. what works for me, and is a good rule of thumb, is taking your bball,bring it as high up as you can over your head, and drop the ball in front of you. what you're looking for is how high it bounces back up. if your ball hasenough air, it'll bounce anywhere from to your mouth to your chest. anywhere higher = too much air, anywhere lower = too little. it's pretty much trialand error. you won't always make the air official nba standards, just go with how the ball feels when you bounce it. whatever works.

Yeah, that's sound advice.

I usually dribble really lightly and if I have to dribble with more effort to bring the ball up comfortably I put more air in. I do that until I cancomfortably dribble and have the ball come back easily. It's all about preference. It's your ball, so you should inflate it to how you like it, ifother people complain it doesn't matter.

I'd be careful with applying water and cleaning agents to a ball. I did it a couple of times and I'm not saying it's bad for every ball, but forsome it could easily affect the leather and surface.

I'm itching to get some kind of indoor routine going, I live so close to a gym but they are always doing practices and games there. My Nike 4005 is justglaring at me from the corner, like a dog that wants to be walked. I miss the good old days of going to school and hitting up the rec center EVERY SINGLE DAY,just spoiled from getting sick of playing.

yeah i try not to clean my bball if it hasn't been through heavy use or if i'm going to use it the next day because i'm concerned about how it theleather is affected regardless of how old it is. the other day i used it outdoors and carrying it home i could feel the sand and dirt on it so i didn'teven think twice. it's a damn shame my college gym is dusty as hell too, after one day my hands are black so i can only imagine how dirty the ball is.magic eraser definitely does the trick, probably don't even have to use soap.

what do you guys think between the tf-1000 and the wilson solution. im stuck on which to get between the two. any info would be great help.

Originally Posted by mtkagan

what do you guys think between the tf-1000 and the wilson solution. im stuck on which to get between the two. any info would be great help.
Not sure about these two but I'm also in search of a good indoor ball.

I suggest you just go to the store and feel them (nh) for your own. Then maybe look on eBay to see if its worth to get them online or at the store.

It's a sensitive issue in the sense that people have different preferences in terms of feel.

That's sound advice.

I have no experience with the Wilson Solution, but you can get a good idea of the TF-1000 from this thread, if that helps.

I would also check ebay. They sell nice balls at Foot Lockers and the like, so the next time I get a ball, I'll try to find someone who gets a discount.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Thanks for the replies.

I have some experience with the Evolution too, but I prefer other choices.

It's a solid ball, Wilson's standard for basketballs in that price point. I'd definitely take them for free any time though.
Not an Evo fan here either. I think that ball feels like a woman's ball. Mostly have played with the TF-1000 (I think I have gone through 6of these in the last 10 years) but got a 4005 this Christmas at the Outlet and really enjoy that ball. I also have a "Solution" UofM game ball butdecided to put it in a case after using a few times alongside my UofM game used football.

I rarely play outside but when I do I just use one of my old TF-1000s.

In high school we had a ton of solutions and also at the gym now it is what we use. For me it is an ok ball although it gets really soft the more use it gets.Some people love it, some people I dont. I prefer a more natural feel of leather but the solution still serves its purpose. But know when buying a solution itwill start out very tack and orange, but will eventually fade into a softer brown slicker type ball. But the solutions I see most frequent when going to h.s.games and what not.

Hell go to sports chalet or authority or $$+%# and start takign the balls out and dribbling them, you will see what you like and dont like. And if someonecomes over and tries to say something; hit them with a j will behind the back and run out!

thanks guys, i played with the tf-1000 in HS and they feel good to me, but read about people loving the solutions so im considering that too. ill go to sportsauthority and check out the solution and tf to see which i like

okay so update, i went to sports authority and they only had the evolution and tf-1000 zk microfiber (not zk pro). i didnt really like the evolution much. thetf-1000 was slippery but i loveed the ones we had in HS once they were broken in. i ended up buying the tf-1000 cause it was on sale for 39.99.

i got another question though. anyone have preferences between the zk microfibers and the zk pros? i read some saying they liked the newer zk pros and somesaying they like the older ones?

Do the solutions get really dirty and dark still? I remember when they first came out the would get really dirty and then eventually with the moistureabsorbtion they would turn dark brown after a few months

i only balled indoor and i have experienced all the balls that were mentioned. wilson solution/evolution is definitely a great ball! soft to touch. i'mcurrently using the nike 3000/3005 and they're great ball too! make sure you break it in. not too fond of any spalding ball beside the official ball. oncethe leather is broken in, probably the best ball out there.

Originally Posted by Kid LeBron

wow tooo much text in here....lol

for now i use the wilson ncaa balls from costco for outdoor but its old now.... ive been through like 8 ballls in the past year, i want one that will last for outdoors.... any suggestions?
Outdoor balls in general don't last too long...too many damn elements that beat them.

I can't remember the name but I had one of those Spalding synthetic leather/rubber outdoor balls that lasted me about 8 months outdoors in Montana. Forweather varying between 10-90 degrees, snow, rain, and a court that was so cut up my fingers would bleed from rocks getting caught between my hand and ball.I'd say it did a pretty good job.

I prefer to use the official NBA game ball made of leather but no one else likes it cause they can't palm it or say it's too slick. I on the other hand can palm it easily.

I just got a Spalding zi/o since gyms are closed and I'll be using that outdoors. This will be my 2nd or 3rd time playing outdoors in 10 years.

Forgot all about this thread but just a heads up for anyone interested…
78DA6B54-6514-4CFC-8593-517A673A5A2B.jpeg

I signed up for notifications when they restocked. Got a notice earlier in the week but didn’t see the email until a few hours later and they were gone by then. Got an email yesterday and was able to cop….checked a minute ago and they’re gone again. My guess is they’ll pop back up again so stay on the lookout.

I already have a Spalding official ball, but it seems to be leaking periodically. Tried some fix a flat type stuff for balls, it worked overall but randomly my ball still gets flat every so often. Anyhow I heard the Wilson rock is even better so I’m excited (and dreading at the same time lol) to get started on the break in process.

Forgot all about this thread but just a heads up for anyone interested…
78DA6B54-6514-4CFC-8593-517A673A5A2B.jpeg

I signed up for notifications when they restocked. Got a notice earlier in the week but didn’t see the email until a few hours later and they were gone by then. Got an email yesterday and was able to cop….checked a minute ago and they’re gone again. My guess is they’ll pop back up again so stay on the lookout.

I already have a Spalding official ball, but it seems to be leaking periodically. Tried some fix a flat type stuff for balls, it worked overall but randomly my ball still gets flat every so often. Anyhow I heard the Wilson rock is even better so I’m excited (and dreading at the same time lol) to get started on the break in process.

I just started using the Spalding ball again. The Wilson has better leather/grip but the rubber on the channels are deteriorating badly. You can feel the missing chunks when dribbling or shooting. My Wilson ball is also leaking a lot of air. I have to inflate it every day I use it.

My Spalding ball on the other hand was still fully inflated after 9 months of no use, stored in the same temperature controlled room with the Wilson ball. Is it worth $200? Yes, it still is but they seriously need to fix the channels. I have another one on the way and it was ordered last week, and is supposed to arrive on Monday.

I just started using the Spalding ball again. The Wilson has better leather/grip but the rubber on the channels are deteriorating badly. You can feel the missing chunks when dribbling or shooting. My Wilson ball is also leaking a lot of air. I have to inflate it every day I use it.

My Spalding ball on the other hand was still fully inflated after 9 months of no use, stored in the same temperature controlled room with the Wilson ball. Is it worth $200? Yes, it still is but they seriously need to fix the channels. I have another one on the way and it was ordered last week, and is supposed to arrive on Monday.
Thanks for the heads up bro.

I saw a review on the Wilson site where someone mentioned the same thing about the panels, even posted pics. Most of the other reviews were good so I figured I’d give it a shot. Sounds like if you could combine the best features of the two balls you’d have the perfect rock.

Not surprised if there’s some issues with the first batch of these balls. Hopefully they fixed the issues and they’re good to go

Back
Top Bottom