Basketball shoes for the flat footed?

Like many of you here, I love to stay active. However, one of my biggest problems with that, is the extreme flatness of my feet or the lack of an arch. There are tons of articles on the internet explaining how 'runners' can buy certain shoes and certain insoles to help protect their arch but no so many basketball ones. For those of you that do not have flat feet, running for more than 10-15 minutes for me can be excruciating for my arches if I am not wearing the proper sneakers and can cause extreme pain afterwards. I have only began thinking about what I can do to help my feet when it comes to basketball, which is not my main sport (although basketball shoes are my favorite). I have played in the original Hyperdunks as well as the Kobe III as of late and neither of these shoes help with the pain in my arches, in fact it was so painful to play with the Kobe IIIs today that I could barely walk when I got home. So I was just wondering if any of you have the same problem as I do and could offer some insight on my issue. Thanks.

I got the same problem, my feet are so flat my footprints look rectangular. I tried and bought so many shoes for basketball and I've come to one answer I swear by: air max.

Try purchasing a pair of basketball sneakers will full air max on them, such as the LeBron 8s or the Air Jordan 2012 with the 'Fly Through' insole (it has full 360). They absorb alot of the shock when I run and jump and I've not worn insoles of any kind since. I've loaded up onto the LeBron 8s because not many will feel better.

Back
Top Bottom