Bay Area NTers': Are the San Jose Sharks a hot item at this time of the year

There is interest, mostly people who live in or near san jose. The arena is always packed, unlike how some people in this thread said that not too many peoplewatch them. But like everyone else has said, they take a seat behind football, baseball and basketball. Hockey isnt as big in the west coast as it is in theeast coast and canada.

And to add the Sharktank is always poppin too, the people who go there are real loyal fans and it's one of the best atmospheres in the NHL
pimp.gif

I think I've watched like one hockey game on tv in my life but I would love to check out a Sharks game in person. I mean, I gave baseball a chance, mightas well try hockey too.
laugh.gif

By the way, baseball is horrible. I went to the Rockies vs Padres game here in San Diego. First time ever going to a baseball game. Friends telling me how muchbetter baseball is in person. The game went on for 22 innings.
indifferent.gif
Final score: 2-1 Rockies.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

The Bay Area Pro Sports Team Hierarchy
1. 49ers/Raiders
2. Warriors
3. Giants/Sharks
4. A's
Really? Last? You've got to be kidding me
roll.gif

EDIT: Idiot.
indifferent.gif

I actually disagree with his "Bay Area Sports Teams Hierarchy" for the most part. But the only thing that isnt even a debatable argument is theOakland A's are last....and its really not even close. In 2002, when the A's were a 100+ win team, I went to a first round playoff game 30 minutesbefore the game started, went to the ticket sales booth, and got two tickets in the lower level. THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE A PLAYOFF GAME.

I rarely agree with this dude 80JerryRice80, but this particular instance, he is correct.

Originally Posted by dland24

1. 49ers/Raiders
2. Warriors
3. Giants/Sharks
4. A's
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

I actually disagree with his "Bay Area Sports Teams Hierarchy" for the most part. But the only thing that isnt even a debatable argument is the Oakland A's are last....and its really not even close. In 2002, when the A's were a 100+ win team, I went to a first round playoff game 30 minutes before the game started, went to the ticket sales booth, and got two tickets in the lower level. THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE A PLAYOFF GAME.

I rarely agree with this dude 80JerryRice80, but this particular instance, he is correct.

I would probably switch the Giants and Warriors.

Originally Posted by dland24

1. 49ers/Raiders
2. Warriors
3. Giants/Sharks
4. A's
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

I actually disagree with his "Bay Area Sports Teams Hierarchy" for the most part. But the only thing that isnt even a debatable argument is the Oakland A's are last....and its really not even close. In 2002, when the A's were a 100+ win team, I went to a first round playoff game 30 minutes before the game started, went to the ticket sales booth, and got two tickets in the lower level. THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE A PLAYOFF GAME.

There is no way the A's are below the sharks. A's have fans from all around the bay, while sharks fans are predominantly from SJ and itssurrounding cities. A lot has to do with the stadium. The coliseum was packed in the 80s and 90s. Remember when the Giants sucked and played at candlestick? no one was there. But ever since they got the new stadium and bonds, the place has been packed.

Since I grew up and live in San Jose, I try to follow the Sharks as much as I can. However, like mentioned earlier, hockey takes a backseat to basketball andfootball. Plus it doesn't help that they always lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I have been looking into getting their Black Armor jerseys, but they only have the blank ones.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom