Bay Area...you used to make such good music Vol: smh

It was good here...why have you digressed so far since then
smh.gif

Actually the bay area has been making pretty solid music, check the Mob Figaz and Livewire threads

Yup, Check that new J Diggs...Da Good/Da Bad/Da Ugly. 3 separate albums...all fire.

Livewire been making solid music.

C'mon OP, check that out and tell me you ain't feeling it.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

watchu talkin bout maine!!!

there is still a lot better songs but i just posted up some that got videos!

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

It was good here...why have you digressed so far since then
smh.gif
We haven't digressed, it's just people like you are generally ignorant to what's really going on.

In a time where rap music as whole has actually digressed, the Bay is one of few regions that has actually kept it lit.

Bammas like you and 95% of NT just don't know about it. Which is fine. We don't really do commercial *#@#, the majority of our artist are independentand they have such strong support up here they probably make more money of record sales than your typical non-superstar major label cats.

Are *#@# is also gutta, no cookie cutter rap *#@# here. If you want to listen to Drake and the rest of them coochie smile n_'s that's fine butdon't come here looking for the same. The majority of dudes from other regions will never really understand the Bay Area scene.

edit: rsdplaya, who are you even actually aware of that's doing it in the Bay right now? I'm curious where your skewed perspectivecomes from?

digressed is probably not the word to use...and i should have used a better one...but why is it that the bay area music that gets national coverage total crap(ie: new boyz, etc.).

i don't really mess with that new style of 24" rims and %%+!$# %#$# rap though...so it's probably wear the bias in my opinion comes.

and yes, the game as a whole has gone to ++%* and i don't care wth anybody says about that...if you can't see that, you're ignit. sure, there arebright spots but overall, i'm not messing with the new stuff.

digressed is probably not the word to use...and i should have used a better one...but why is it that the bay area music that gets national coverage total crap (ie: new boyz, etc.).

i don't really mess with that new style of 24" rims and %%!%%% %!$+ rap though...so it's probably wear the bias in my opinion comes.
For one thing, the New Boyz ARE NOT from the Bay. That's some straight up so cal +%$%. That second sentence got lost in the filter, Idon't know what you're trying to say though.

I believe you're referring to the "hyphy movement" though? What people don't understand is that the hyphy movement as the nation knows it wasan actual Bay Area social trend stripped of its essence and redressed by MTV, in an attempt to spark a new crunk era. And unfortunately that failed MTV agendais and remains the only exposure most people have had to Bay Rap this decade.

So in short, yea the Bay Music that has gotten national coverage has been trash but it's not our fault that the media only chose to expose yall to afraction of what was going on out here and proceed to fabricate and push something that wasn't.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

digressed is probably not the word to use...and i should have used a better one...but why is it that the bay area music that gets national coverage total crap (ie: new boyz, etc.).

i don't really mess with that new style of 24" rims and %%!%%% %!$+ rap though...so it's probably wear the bias in my opinion comes.
For one thing, the New Boyz ARE NOT from the Bay. That's some straight up so cal +%$%. That second sentence got lost in the filter, I don't know what you're trying to say though.

I believe you're referring to the "hyphy movement" though? What people don't understand is that the hyphy movement as the nation knows it was an actual Bay Area social trend stripped of its essence and redressed by MTV, in an attempt to spark a new crunk era. And unfortunately that failed MTV agenda is and remains the only exposure most people have had to Bay Rap this decade.

So in short, yea the Bay Music that has gotten national coverage has been trash but it's not our fault that the media only chose to expose yall to a fraction of what was going on out here and proceed to fabricate and push something that wasn't.
truth
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
my dude Ross
smh.gif
like MN coming with classics?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
...really though Ross....

You dont like Ya Boy? if not, go listen to 'The Bay Area Bully' and "Kush 2009"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-J23C
ya boy is garbage
laugh.gif

How so? IMO, TBAB and Kush 2009 was fire..those 2 mixtapes still get spins today in the whip
pimp.gif

-J23C

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
my dude Ross
smh.gif
like MN coming with classics?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
...really though Ross....

You dont like Ya Boy? if not, go listen to 'The Bay Area Bully' and "Kush 2009"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-J23C
ya boy is garbage
laugh.gif

How so? IMO, TBAB and Kush 2009 was fire..those 2 mixtapes still get spins today in the whip
pimp.gif

-J23C

ya boy is garbage
laugh.gif

I had high hopes for Ya Boy after hearing 16's with me, dude had the Bay buzzin. To bad nothing panned out. We got some ok artists, but the hyphy #@#@@@+*made me ashamed to be from the Bay for awhile. After Mac Dre passed people were getting way out of hand with it. Especially the ones who didn't even knowwho he was until he passed.

IMO, the only thing worth checking out is anything mobfigaz or livewire. everything else coming out the bay right now is garbo. im a little older than most ofthe people in this thread so maybe i just cant get into the newer stuff. Once dre passed, *%%@ just wasnt the same

ps: 4 tay's super bowl niner fits in that video are
pimp.gif
x1000

Back
Top Bottom