Be = Classic. Period.

Good lookin'...

...I always forget which one dropped first, but I damn sure remember that GOOD Music put out two classics in the span of a couple months though.

The great Chicago fire...

I agree but I sure do remember a ton of people here on NT five years ago disagreeing that it was not a classic.

Great album indeed as I can listen to it straight through...amazing combination of production and lyrics.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I agree but I sure do remember a ton of people here on NT five years ago disagreeing that it was not a classic.

Great album indeed as I can listen to it straight through...amazing combination of production and lyrics.

Because 5 years ago it had just dropped lol. Dudes are too quick to label something classic. I mean its all subjective of course but I don't believe there's such a thing as a instant classic. Classic music has to be able to sound hot some  years after it drops and BE to this day is still a hot album. I don't know if i'd consider it a classic but I can agree that its a great album. Production-wise its great feel good music.

No doubt. You can just put this on, sit back and relax
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

I'm not going to front I never gave it a listen..I will check it out sometime this weekend when I'm off work

eek.gif
eek.gif
 WHAT!? I feel just like how Ham felt in The Sandlot when Smalls asked who the great bambino was.....you my friend are in for a treat

^ Not even a year ago. Cats always hated on this calling it "boring", "hug rap", blah blah blah

I absolutely love this album. This %+!+ is just good music all around

Sidenote: I always wonder why "my way home" was placed on LR rather than this (unless they recorded this after Be released)

I'll be one of the first to say it isn't a classic, but only for one track. Can never get into "Love Is." I'm not understating how good this album this though. It's one of the best of the last decade and still gets relatively routine listens.

More albums need to obey the "Illmatic" format: no messing around, just ten, eleven, or twelve very quality tracks.

I remember when this came out, I was like "damn, this is fire! Kanye's album is gonna have to be something crazy to follow up BE."

However, once LR came out I was blown away. Like BE was great, and i thought Kanye probably out did himself with his work on Common's joint, but LR was great-er

Nevertheless, this album is a new classic IMO. That was a great time for Kanye though musically

Loved this album, and a classic for sure.

I haven't given it a listen in awhile, I need to change that.

ive listened to this album so much i had to give it a break...

the intro is just unfair.

the first line personified the entire album...

"i wanna be as free as the spirits of those who left, i'm talking malcolm, coltrane, my man yusef (sp?)"

Haven't listened to this the whole way through since like '07 maybe.

I miss the old Common.

This album was great tho

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I miss the old Common.

So do I
tired.gif
UMC was just turrible.

This album though, one of my favorites from the last decade.

def a classic for me... i remember hearing this everyday going to school for like 3 months straight... that Intro is so sick... 'i just wanna Be'...

undeniable classic .. it was short but every song was
pimp.gif
.. musical excellence word to my *%+*# Time

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

Who'd argue that it wasn't? Although it was short the quality of the tracks did justice to its length.
^
laugh.gif
I'm confused also. I wish we could bring back threads from '05 to go through it.

I always thought the general consensus was Be is a Classic and FF isn't.

Damn, I was just humming the intro "BE" and I saw this thread!

one of my favorite albums and one of my favorite songs (Be) of all-time.

The production is unbelievable and the lyrics are on the same level. Mos def a classic!

Undeniable classic. Maybe one of the best produced albums ever too.

Most
eek.gif
worthy Intro I've ever heard in my life. No one knew what to expect when that weird +** beat began, I thought my stereo was messed up.

This was hands down my favorite track on there, the bass on that song is
sick.gif
 in the whip.

The last minute and some change of this with John Legend and Bilal going back and forth is some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard in my life
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif
... SERIOUSLY I imagine this what perfection would sound like if someone could hear it imo. 
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom