Beans > Bigggie

I disagree with an awful lot of the OP.

And weren't you calling for the end of these "Q > R" threads awhile back?

Um, Jay kind of is a "talented guy who stumbled across an exec. producer willing to take a gamble." Or at least a manager/Co-D who was willing torisk it all for him.

No disrespect, but sometimes cats on here get caught up speaking on things that they don't have a full grasp of the history behind. It's what can makeNT so unbearable. How dudes always want to speak in a historical context when they weren't even around to know what went down?

Jay had been making records for years before he got with the team that helped him become the man he is today.

Some people don't want to see it that way. They let their uninformed opinions get in the way of what could be considered facts, but what are at leastinformed opinions. But for real, most people that know what up know what it is. That's why I was happy to see Combat Jack say straight up there is no Jaywithout Dame. And that's coming from a dude that worked with them. Who saw it happen. THAT is an "informed" opinion.

On some real %%%@, y'all just need to let BIG rest in peace. There's enough !%@+%$%# popping off in that BIG/Wu thread. Did we really need more? Dudeis gone. Why would it matter today if Beans>BIG? What good does that do Beans?

Or does it make you feel better to have a profound opinion that a couple of heads you don't even know personally might agree with? That's why y'allnever see me START a thread. I'm good.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Hmmm. Then who did... and I'm apparently clueless..
grin.gif

If you come out doing something one way and it doesnt work,then you take advice to switch your *%#! up and it works for you, wouldnt your success partially bebecause of the advice you took?

I mean I could be wrong but yea it would seem that your clueless
grin.gif

if you are as creative as Big, or Lupe, or Jay (or even me) it ain't that hard to make up a story and make it rhyme. So "I got a story to tell" and other songs (and albums like The Cool) don't really impress me.
It's the creativity of the stories that make them though...and everybody definitely don't have that
grin.gif

So in conclusion, though Biggie may be one of the craftiest, wittiest, clever-est __s to ever grace the stage...... all he did was entertain. He didn't do much in the form of inspiring, enlightening, or affecting lives. He just made __s heads nod ferociously, for what it's worth.

As far as Beans compares to B.I.G. you have to look at the iconic, Biggie has easily reached way more people with his music and his story. And BIG wasdefinitely more than a witty and clever...I mean dude killed himself at the end of his own CD..basically rhymed his suicide note, not to mention songs like SkyIs the Limit, Everyday Struggle.
eek.gif

To say Biggie relies on word trickery is asinine homie....outside his commercial success his music always had a message.

On some real %%%@, y'all just need to let BIG rest in peace. There's enough !%@+%$%# popping off in that BIG/Wu thread. Did we really need more? Dude is gone. Why would it matter today if Beans>BIG? What good does that do Beans?
Arguing about the best is part of the game man it really is
laugh.gif

Arguing about a living rapper who ain't put an album out in ages being > then a dead rapper is "the best part of the game"?
nah I said arguing about who the best is...is part of hip hop....That just shows you the impact BIG had on the culture, people still comparing himto rappers who are still alive when he has been gone for years.

^^^

Arguing about a living rapper who ain't put an album out in ages being > then a dead rapper is "the best part of the game"?

You can keep that game. Y'all playing Chutes and Ladders. Candyland n' +#%%........

I don't know about that line of logic Matt. I mean, I could swear to you I though 5+ 8 = blue, and if you told me it was 13 I wouldn't say said I waswrong, I wouldn't quite be ready to call you Sensei just yet. Taking advice and being under someone's wing are different to me. we all learn fromeverything in life. That's not to say we're all followers, though.

And Mace, I merely used Beans as a reference point so that you guys could see what I think of Big. Round these parts, too many statements get carried away withthe power of assumption. I just didn't want this to look like those threads that say dumb stuff like "Squirrel poop > Torah". Also, by no meanam I trying to pass my opinion as fact. It's not even conclusive in my own mind, but most days I'd say I agree with the title of this thread. WhatI was trying to get rid of when I said what you correctly paraphrased as "no more Q>R"was all the propaganda threads. Too many threadsare just meant to "start @!!+". This is a discussion more about the perception of Big and less about Q>R. But in order to rightfully analyze"R", some comparisons and contrasts must be made.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Um, Jay kind of is a "talented guy who stumbled across an exec. producer willing to take a gamble." Or at least a manager/Co-D who was willing to risk it all for him.

No disrespect, but sometimes cats on here get caught up speaking on things that they don't have a full grasp of the history behind. It's what can make NT so unbearable. How dudes always want to speak in a historical context when they weren't even around to know what went down?

Jay had been making records for years before he got with the team that helped him become the man he is today.

Some people don't want to see it that way. They let their uninformed opinions get in the way of what could be considered facts, but what are at least informed opinions. But for real, most people that know what up know what it is. That's why I was happy to see Combat Jack say straight up there is no Jay without Dame. And that's coming from a dude that worked with them. Who saw it happen. THAT is an "informed" opinion.

On some real %%%@, y'all just need to let BIG rest in peace. There's enough !%@+%$%# popping off in that BIG/Wu thread. Did we really need more? Dude is gone. Why would it matter today if Beans>BIG? What good does that do Beans?

Or does it make you feel better to have a profound opinion that a couple of heads you don't even know personally might agree with? That's why y'all never see me START a thread. I'm good.
laugh.gif
Calm down my dude. I've admitted to my ignorance, but I also have a strong belief in the stuff I've written. As far as your"informed" opinion, I don't believein playing Telephone. Jay-Z is "informed". Dame is "informed". Nobody else is, whetherthey worked with the two or not. So your telling me what you read/heard from some mysterious"informed" person other than the horse's mouth isn't any different than me posting what Ibelieve. ALSO, I didn't go into that other thread and this thread has nothing to do with it. Sorry if you are tired of these types of threads, but Iwouldn't know -- or care, honestly. I barely come to this forum anymore, but when I do come around and if I have a thought -- I'll start a thread.Sorry if that inconveniences you.

Also, it takes more courage to state an opinion than to debate against one. Think about that the next time you get mad that somebody started a thread youdidn't agree with. I'm not like you.

This has 2 b the dumbest !%@% i have ever read. Just cause something is articulated well does't mean it's not foolish. This post is foolish, makes nosense, and makes
laugh.gif
Beans a tell you himself he ain't better than B.I.G, and was Young Jeezy just compared to 2pac? Sheesh

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

big fans always tryin to make big better than somebody... thats how all the arguments start
Is that how you really see it?

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Hmmm. Then who did... and I'm apparently clueless..
grin.gif

If you come out doing something one way and it doesnt work,then you take advice to switch your *%#! up and it works for you, wouldnt your success partially be because of the advice you took?

I mean I could be wrong but yea it would seem that your clueless
grin.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

big fans always tryin to make big better than somebody... thats how all the arguments start
Most of the time, yeah. I mean, I get it... Rap started in NY. NY is the home of "truehip-hop", etc etc. But it's those type of homer statements that get carried out of hand. For instance, I know for a fact that neither me or TIME holdillmatic in as high of a regard as most of NT. In fact, I expect to be flamed for saying that. But it's not like I said illmatic is trash, I just thinkit's over rated (read: I don't agree when NYers say illmatic > everything). That's what His MusicalExcellence was saying I believe. Because NY has by far the biggest following on NT, it's expected that the real world outside of NT and outside of NY isthinking along the same lines as the consensus on NT. In reality, I can't name 10 people that give a damn about illmatic where I'm from besides myselfand a hand ful of __s like me. Is that wrong? Nah........ it's opinion
grin.gif

Jay carried the Roc's name on his back. IMO, Bad Boy carried Big's name on Puff's back. Big was made into a star. Jay made himself. There's nothing wrong with either per say, but for personal reasons I appreciate the latter

I've been saying this for the longest time on NT, glad I aint the only one who feels this way.

Most of the time, yeah.
Most of the time I see it as somebody wanting to bring up their opinion and either bash Big or pass off what they think as fact and act as if thealternative opinion is unthinkable. Like because your opinion is different from the popular one or accepted one it must be credible no matter what. Now ifit's not that you have to use common sense and simply see it as PPL will not agree with you. I see here more ppl bringing up _____>>> Big than Isee Big >>>>> ________. To me the Big fans never start the threads they just respond accordingly to what they think.

It's the same with the NY threads. I rarely see an NYer starting those threads unless its NYFly trying to bait some non NYers in to an argument
laugh.gif

Most of the time, yeah.
Most of the time I see it as somebody wanting to bring up their opinion and either bash Big or pass off what they think as fact and act as if the alternative opinion is unthinkable. Like because your opinion is different from the popular or one or accepted one it must be credible no matter what. Now if it's not that you have to use common sense and simply see it as PPL will not agree with you. I see here more ppl bringing up _____>>> Big than I see Big >>>>> ________. To me the Big fans never start the threads they just respond accordingly to what they think.

It's the same with the NY threads. I rarely see an NYer starting those threads unless its NYFly trying to bait some non NYers in to an argument
laugh.gif

Remember the threads on the anniversary of BIG's death, where dudes got salty and called others "haters" because we posted "RIP, but not theGOAT IMO"
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Exactly and that was like 6 posts in and then the thread spiraled in tosomething else.

There has never been an MC as great as Beans that has borrowed as much of his style from another MC...BIG.

Beans is Christopher Wallace's son.

People talk about Jay borrowing from BIG.

Beans took BIGs exact flow and lyrical style. This title is blasphemous.

Beans is in my personal top 5 and he's probably the most talented MC after Nas IMO...but this topic is wild.

Its the equivalent of Ja Rule > 2Pac

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Some things don't deserve my energy and effort to address.

This is one of them.
So....were you being ironic on purpose? Or are you too tired to answer the question? *$@@ outta here
laugh.gif

Brilliant argument and an excellent read
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not saying that I disagree or agree, but I definitely feel where u coming from. I ain't realize people was on Jeezy like that tho
laugh.gif

"cuz he never meant s*** to me!"

Back
Top Bottom