Being nice doesn't pay off

BEING NICE DOESN'T PAY OFF
Last night i get to the library, open my door, and the wind catches it and it hits the car next to me. Turns out to be my friend whos dad owns a Place that fixes cars, me being the nice guy that i am, tells her and she just texted me saying that the dent and "repainting" of the door was going to cost me $500! i cant believe it , the dent is maybe the size of my fist and its a 07 Civic.

Man i feel like **** i'm so broke i thought she was going to say its ok or it ws going to cost under $200, the damage isn't even bad at all ...
paid off for her and her dad. he gets $500 and she gets her car fixed for free

why dont you ask her dad who owns the shop for an estimate....
Or go to another shop and get a estimate from them and see who is cheaper. $500 for a scratch that you can barely see doesn't make sense.

You dented her door...now you mad because you have to pay the cost of the door YOU damaged....

thats not even being "nice" thats being fair.

I mean like i could have not told her and not had to pay a dollar, and the fact her dad is going to fix it i would expect less than 500 to fix a dent the size of my first

so, you didn't do it because you're nice, you did it because you expected to be forgiven completely while appearing to be honest.

you dont understand , i dont car about having to pay for her car, i accept that responsibility, but the fact her dad is overcharging me by a few hundred dollars and at the same time hes giving me a deal just bothers me. 

so you werent being nice.

nice people do things without motive.

quit crying and get estimates from other shops.

nice guy... more like cheap guy

Lol at me being cheap....i will pay to get her car fixed but not while getting molested.. im taking it to a guy tomorrow to see what he says 

All you did was tell someone where to get their car fixed. You thought they were going to do it for free?
laugh.gif
Her girl whos car i hit , her dad owns the the car place.. 
With this info, and knowing that you're broke, you should have swirved as quickly as possible with no dambs given.

She's getting her car fixed for free, daddy isn't charging his little princess.

You paying for a shopping spree b.

These O's be acting up and these ****** be letting em.

If you about that life, you'd get another quote, and then when it is inevitably lower, go to the girl and ask her why she tryna stick you for ya paper.

Last edited:
$500 is pretty high, but reprinting isn't cheap bro. You may come out w a discount hopefully.

You sure you ain't downplaying the story? Wind blew hard enough to throw you door? OP you hit the door lesbehonest

i actually didnt , there was really high wind and i have a heavy door, if i hit the door i would say it its not  a big deal , im just livid that her dad is ripping me off 

i've seen plenty of small dents and scratches cost several hundreds of dollars. where are you getting that he's ripping you off?

1. Becaue one of my dads friends who is a mechanic , fixed my mercedes bumper, which was scraped to ****, repainted it did everything to it, legit 5-8 hours of labour and charged him 200 because he paid very little for the paint, our familys have known each other for 30 years, ive known her for 20 , im sure a 5 inch dent wont cost twice as much as repainting a honda civic door, i can buy her a new door for 500$. Like shes telling me its going to cost me 5 hours of labour, sorry for ranting but i grew up with these people and they are doing me dirty, he will pay a guy to do 30 min of work and charge me for 5 hours, no thanks

Take it to the hood mechanics and get a estimate. I don't know where you live but the hood always has the best prices especially for something like minor body work. $500 for a 5 inch dent on a Honda is not a good deal.. Oh and o.p. for the record you weren't being nice you were being honest, there is a huge difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom