Best car I can get for 5-6k?

Cop a beater off craigslist for 2-3k and call it a day. You said you only need it for a couple of years so just grab something cheap now and buy a better whip later instead of spending everything you have on something now.

Cop a beater off craigslist for 2-3k and call it a day. You said you only need it for a couple of years so just grab something cheap now and buy a better whip later instead of spending everything you have on something now.

Originally Posted by vdubsta

Looking for a car around 5k MAX, but will consider cars around 6k.
Looking for decent mileage.

Would like a decent amount of cargo space for all the activities I do.

Looking for something gas efficient or 4wd.

I was considering the following:

Subaru Forester

Subaru Outback/Legacy.

VW TDi
I found that Subaru parts are pretty expensive. I almost bought one as a winter beater, a 2002 Forester actually until I saw the prices for parts online and at the dealership. The VW TDI is a great choice. I have a few friends that have them and even with very high KMs they still run very strong. Oh, and you can't go wrong with the Audi Wagon on the first page. I ended up getting an A4 for the winter and I love it... if it was a wagon I would probably love it even more.

Originally Posted by vdubsta

Looking for a car around 5k MAX, but will consider cars around 6k.
Looking for decent mileage.

Would like a decent amount of cargo space for all the activities I do.

Looking for something gas efficient or 4wd.

I was considering the following:

Subaru Forester

Subaru Outback/Legacy.

VW TDi
I found that Subaru parts are pretty expensive. I almost bought one as a winter beater, a 2002 Forester actually until I saw the prices for parts online and at the dealership. The VW TDI is a great choice. I have a few friends that have them and even with very high KMs they still run very strong. Oh, and you can't go wrong with the Audi Wagon on the first page. I ended up getting an A4 for the winter and I love it... if it was a wagon I would probably love it even more.

Originally Posted by BroboCop

Originally Posted by thacapt

Ford F-150 Powerstroke Diesel. (7.3 of course)
You mean F-250
Thank you for correcting me.

F-250.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

dude is really trying to sell someone on buying a station wagon. Cop a 03-04 civic will be way more reliable than that audi. Luxury cars are only as good as the person who takes care of them.

lolwut? this goes for any car

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

dude is really trying to sell someone on buying a station wagon. Cop a 03-04 civic will be way more reliable than that audi. Luxury cars are only as good as the person who takes care of them.

lolwut? this goes for any car

Back
Top Bottom