Best Credit Card For A Student?

Whats the best credit card for a college student Im tryin to build up my credit and i definately wont be overdoing it because i have a couple of income streamsso its not like I want to just charge everything on credit. I have already researched and im come across some cards made for students but i was hopin NT couldhelp me out
nerd.gif

Im tryna get a Credit card too man...

NT Help...

I owe the Bank Of America 50 dollars thou...Im on COLLECTION...will that effect my credit?

I have a Chase Student +1 Card.

It's a real low credit limit (mine started at 200) but it's a great way to build credit.

Plus, it looks like a black card
laugh.gif

I'm looking into getting a credit card too......But I am for sure putting a limit so I don't get out of control.

Originally Posted by The Genesis

NT Help...

I owe the Bank Of America 50 dollars thou...Im on COLLECTION...will that effect my credit?
Yes sir.

Originally Posted by cartune

Whats the best credit card for a college student Im tryin to build up my credit and i definately wont be overdoing it because i have a couple of income streams so its not like I want to just charge everything on credit. I have already researched and im come across some cards made for students but i was hopin NT could help me out
nerd.gif
A good starter card would be with your bank as they'll more readily offer you a card (BoA was my first CC, a student card and it served mewell) that or maybe Chase. But given it'll be your first card don't expect too great of a credit limit (I think I started off with $250-500 and aftertwo years it made its way to $2500).

Originally Posted by The Genesis

NT Help...

yes. your credit is $%#$@ up right now... i feel bad for you man. handle that asap.

but just get a ccd that u know u can pay off. aim for the lowest possible interest rate. its gonna be mad high either way if u don't work for that creditcard company or bank. since you're young.

but my advice to you if to make AT LEAST 2x your minimum payment, keep the credit card under 1/2 the limit, and when u make large purchases pay it off asap.

good luck guys

how do i know if i have a boa student card? i signed up for it at the bank but never used the card.

Originally Posted by ro0ts

Originally Posted by cartune

Whats the best credit card for a college student Im tryin to build up my credit and i definately wont be overdoing it because i have a couple of income streams so its not like I want to just charge everything on credit. I have already researched and im come across some cards made for students but i was hopin NT could help me out
nerd.gif
A good starter card would be with your bank as they'll more readily offer you a card (BoA was my first CC, a student card and it served me well) that or maybe Chase. But given it'll be your first card don't expect too great of a credit limit (I think I started off with $250-500 and after two years it made its way to $2500).
yea i gone look into that I might go Chase with the state of BOA will that affect my cc or credit in any way? I find myself dismissing Citi andBOA credit cards but that might be ignorant. And a low credit limit 9$250-500 will be a good thing for me is that per month or on the balance due all together?

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Honestly, you shouldn't get a CC...I made the mistake and had to pay that beast off.
I been puttin it off myself like I use to tell my homeboys not to mess with a credit card but I feel like I can manage one alright. Im very stingywith my money and I have no credit right now, I spoke with a financial expert/consultant and she told me no credit is worse than bad credit

amex_blue.jpg

Decent APR rate, no annual fees, great rewards system.
I been puttin it off myself like I use to tell my homeboys not to mess with a credit card but I feel like I can manage one alright. Im very stingy with my money and I have no credit right now, I spoke with a financial expert/consultant and she told me no credit is worse than bad credit
Thats only true when it comes to buying homes and cars. Most teens won't have to worry about a mortgage until their mid 20's and you canget efficient cars that can be paid all cash. Logically speaking no credit is way better than bad credit just because with bad credit there's a history andwe are in a period now where employers now do credit checks so having bad credit might even hinder some from gettings jobs, bad credit can also affect rentingan apartment unless you have a cosigner. On the flipside though its good to have atleast 1 credit card because the key to acheiving a good credit score ismostly how long your credit accounts have been open. For example you might finally decide to get a cc at age 23 and in 2 years you plan to buy a home, duringthose 2 years you keep your balance low, pay more than the minimum payment but you still won't have as good a score because your account hasn't beenopen for very long.

Back
Top Bottom