Best "GUEST VERSE" on a Jay-Z Track... Eminem or Rakim?

I could never understand why people loved Em's verse on Renegade so much, yeah it sounds good but the words aint really adding up to nothing to me. Raverse was sick, but Jay's verse on the Watcher 2 was even better.

em verses dont relate to me like jay verses do
Truth.

I've always thought that Em makes his stuff sound good, and his content just kind of makes itself up - which is why the content is often lacking. Others,like Ra, put the content first AND still make it sound right. However, Em killed it this time.

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

jay verse>>>>>>>>em verse
It's a known fact that em murked jay on his own track.
Listen to Ether
laugh.gif

Dont get it twisted just cause I said jay verses was better dont mean I dont think em killed it but lets be forreal em spit about being drowned in holywater and all that crazy$!%# and jay spit straight for the people in my area em verses didnt mean nothing to me like jay verses and ether since when did nashave the power to say who came the hardest and speak for everybody

Originally Posted by all19mjs

Listen to Ether
laugh.gif

Dont get it twisted just cause I said jay verses was better dont mean I dont think em killed it but lets be forreal em spit about being drowned in holy water and all that crazy$!%# and jay spit straight for the people in my area em verses didnt mean nothing to me like jay verses and ether since when did nas have the power to say who came the hardest and speak for everybody

Nas has that power over weak minded individuals...if you feel that way you do, but just say it cause nas said it, like dude is doin.

Some of you are 100% dedicated to Jay, as if dude would get mad at you if you don't pick him. It's pretty funny :lol:. Anyways, Eminem by far.

B.I.G. went in on Brooklyn's Finest, but I have to give it to Em on Renegade. To this day,I still haven't memorized his verse because of the way hedelivers it and the flow, and I mostly just become intrigued in it, and can't even recite it
laugh.gif

Eminem is underrated to me though in general, because people can't see through his bull !%+* for the great rapper he is, well at least '98-'02 Em.

Would Jay-Z ever have gotten outshined if em re-did his verse? Hmmm.

Jay-Z Jihad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by all19mjs

Listen to Ether
laugh.gif

Dont get it twisted just cause I said jay verses was better dont mean I dont think em killed it but lets be forreal em spit about being drowned in holy water and all that crazy$!%# and jay spit straight for the people in my area em verses didnt mean nothing to me like jay verses and ether since when did nas have the power to say who came the hardest and speak for everybody

Nas has that power over weak minded individuals...if you feel that way you do, but just say it cause nas said it, like dude is doin.

Where in my response did I say that my opinion was based solely off Nas? Ether didn't sway me one way or another and I actually thought that Em wentharder on the track the first time I listened to it, but that's just me. I just threw in that Nas line for comical reason. Guess it didn't come acrosslike that
eyes.gif

And no i'm not mad
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Jay-Z's verse is overlooked....overshadowed at that...eminems verse is crack don't get me wrong...but some people got it twisted...

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Some of you are 100% dedicated to Jay, as if dude would get mad at you if you don't pick him. It's pretty funny
laugh.gif
. Anyways, Eminem by far.

Word shh is weird, sad n very disgusting.

smokin.gif

"don't step to me

I'm AWKWARD I box lefty

A ORPHAN my pops left me

And OFTEN my momma wasn't home

You couldn't tell me I wasn't home

especially on nights when I brought something home

to quiet the stomach rumblings"

Hov is overlooked on "Renegade", but that is the craziest Eminem has ever spit to me

honorable mention

-Freeway on "1-900-Hustler

-Kanye on "The Bounce"

-Face and Beans on "Some How Some Way" and "Can't Be Life" (these 3 need to make that album they keep talking about)

Fam em verses dont relate to me like jay verses do sorry
laugh.gif

what? Just cause you relate more to Jay's verses means he had a better verses? Eminem blessed that song with possibly the best verses in hiscareer and yes he murdered Jay on that track. Though I can't relate to anything he says, it's pure talent flowing on that beat, that couldn't beovershadowed on that song no matter whoever else rapped on it. It just so happen to be Jay that got murdered.
ohwell.gif

Jay's Verse>>Rakims Verse On The Watcher 2 IMO

BUT

Em's Verse>>>>Jay's Verse On Renagade IMO

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Fam em verses dont relate to me like jay verses do sorry
laugh.gif
what? Just cause you relate more to Jay's verses means he had a better verses? Eminem blessed that song with possibly the best verses in his career and yes he murdered Jay on that track. Though I can't relate to anything he says, it's pure talent flowing on that beat, that couldn't be overshadowed on that song no matter whoever else rapped on it. It just so happen to be Jay that got murdered.
ohwell.gif

Im sorry if I cant relate to it I really dont eff wit it whats the point as I said before em verses didnt mean nothing to me and I dont think that washis best verses I think just dont give a f**k is em besr work imo

Back
Top Bottom