Best hair clippers?

Since i just get a number 2 all around i figured why waist money at the barbers when i can do it myself. i already have a straight razor to line myself up so ijust need some clippers. i don't know anything about them though any suggestions?

Word I was just about to make this topic papi. I need something that feels good in my hands nh and is versatile enough for me to use on myself, but is stillgonna last a long time and I can get a good deal $$$ on. I've heard good about andis.

I basically want a barber-quality style system where I can taper myself and line it up good.

Forgot About.........how you gonna call dude papi then say nh later on about something else......?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Word I was just about to make this topic papi. I need something that feels good in my hands nh and is versatile enough for me to use on myself, but is still gonna last a long time and I can get a good deal $$$ on. I've heard good about andis.

I basically want a barber-quality style system where I can taper myself and line it up good.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

thanks for the site lurkin2long

laugh.gif

Anyways. I understand it's best to have a edger/shape up thing and a clipper separate. Am I right ? And is there a better clipper for those who cut againstthe grain VS with the grain ? My hair is semi-straight and I never bothered to wave it up so..

I copped an Andis a while back

works pretty good, except my hair is pretty thick so it dont get all the hair on the first pass... it might be the machine tho.

buy a good one $40 and up... worth it on the long run

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

laugh.gif

Anyways. I understand it's best to have a edger/shape up thing and a clipper separate. Am I right ? And is there a better clipper for those who cut against the grain VS with the grain ? My hair is semi-straight and I never bothered to wave it up so..

i would also like to know
nerd.gif

oster-classic76.jpg

This will cut any hair, with the grain, against the grain, %%!$ it might even cut your scalp right off. It's that strong. Best clippers on the market.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

How do y'all taper the back of your head?

Two Mirrors, a hand-held one and the one on the wall. Takes some getting used to at first.

I'm thinking about buying the Andis Fade Master.

I just cut my whole head by my self the other day with the Andis Outliner II with the second to smallest guard.

I did very well..doing the back was easier then I thought.

Hard part for me was the back top of my head

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

oster-classic76.jpg

This will cut any hair, with the grain, against the grain, %%!$ it might even cut your scalp right off. It's that strong. Best clippers on the market.

what brand are those? i use wahl clippers but i have really thick hair so i always have a spot of hair that it doesnt buzz completely(if that made sense)

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

OP, you use a straight-edge razor? Was it hard to learn?
i don't use the one with the actual blade that you sharpen, i use the one that takes disposable razor blades. it wasn't hard to get usedto it though, cut myself a few times but now i use it with no problem.

^ Is there a difference in the quality of disposable vs. actual blade? I've read that to get the actual blade and accessories, I'm gonna have to dropover $200...

And do you know where I can get that Mets jacket that Nas' rockin' in your Avy?

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

^ Is there a difference in the quality of disposable vs. actual blade? I've read that to get the actual blade and accessories, I'm gonna have to drop over $200...

And do you know where I can get that Mets jacket that Nas' rockin' in your Avy?
to my knowledge the one with the actual blade cuts a bit better and it takes the hair a little longer to grow back but not that much longer. i gotthe disposable one because i didn't want to be bothered sharpening it, i can just throw the razor away and put a new one in. i didn't know theyactually cost that much
eek.gif
oh and nope i don't know where to get thejacket, i would probably buy it if i did
laugh.gif

don't get the fade masters, just get the regular masters. unless your goin for a really tite fade. they aren't meant to use with guards neither.
i use,
classic 76s - to even out hair
masters - to even out hair and fade
fade masters - to give closer fades
toutliners - line up and closer fades

Could someone explain the difference between the guide combs & which one should be used for a real low cut?

Back
Top Bottom