Best Looking Car Right Now, Period! - Lambo Aventador

but you can also say something about not be innovative... almost all the porchse's look like they all have the same head lights and the front all look like cousins... i dont have a problem with heritage, but i like to see companies push the envelope...

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Race-wise, just because Lambo doesn't win anything doesn't really have much to do with their production cars performance. How many cars that goes into races aren't modified? In the end, it could be due to the driver. IIRC, Ferrari hasn't won much until recently either. It really isn't about age or price tag for the Lambo. If it were about the price tag, it would have been stomped by the Veyron but just basing it on the Top Gear lap times (it's the only list I can go by since it's the only consistent testing where these cars have been through and the Aventador doesn't have an official Ring time yet) it was faster than the Veyron and actually beat the 458 by more than 3 seconds. 
As for me mentioning "luxe" names/cars, that just comes hand in hand to me. I mean if you read my discussion with ninjahood, he prefers all raw power of the ZR1 but I prefer the more luxurious and comfortable R8 (which is still pretty damn fast) w/o worrying if the car is a second or two slower to 60 than another car. I also believe for that price, shoddy build quality is not acceptable and should come with luxury amenities. I'd gladly take the R8 w/o hesitation over the ZR1 unless I am looking for a track specific vehicle. Heck at this point and how good the GTR is, I'd probably take that over the ZR1 and save myself ~$10k-$15k. 

But if we are talking about cars in different price range, I don't just go by the name. You can often read a lot of my hate for BMWs recent offerings even though I own one. 
laugh.gif

um if youre mentioning race performance then you can take out Bugatti and Koen. because those cars can barely make it to the mail box with something going wrong, Ferrari has an awesome rap sheet so its just a matter of time before they start winning AGAIN, and yea it is about age and price tag, if Lamborghini didnt come out when it did and establish itself as Ferrari's rival we wouldnt be talking about it today, and those lap times are totally expected, the Veyron was never supposed to be a real performance car, @1000hp 922lbft they just wanted it to stay on the ground, and it has huge advantages over the 458 power wise which shows in the 3 sec difference

of course it comes hand in hand to you, you have a clear bias, you acknowledge the fact that ZR1 is a rocket but then say its too much money just because of its interior lmao "um yea its an engineering masterpiece but the magnetic suspension, ls9, and aluminum frame are not worth the 130k brand new because of the not so luxurious interior", i frequent corvetteforum and most zr1 owners dont have anything too bad to say that you couldnt say for every supercar, and idk, theres somethin about the gtr that doesnt sit well with me i just cant put my finger on it (maybe its v6), but i do like it

and thats my point exactly, who rips a company and then gives them money? unless its just constructive criticism, how can you say something and then do the exact opposite? (Newtons laws dont apply) like i said, i respect your knowledge but you gotta admit your bias (i just really want you to say the zr1 is worth the money haha)

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

but you can also say something about not be innovative... almost all the porchse's look like they all have the same head lights and the front all look like cousins... i dont have a problem with heritage, but i like to see companies push the envelope...
they do that on purpose, i cant find the quote but they said they will never change the front fascia, the rear changes (barely) but they never will change the 911s silhouette so they leave their innovation to their tech/engineering

I love Porsches and they are a blast to drive but there is just no way you can say such a gaudy car as the GT3 or GT2 with it's sticker, giant spoilers and colored wheels beautiful. I understand if you say it is one of the best performing cars out there that you can drive on a daily basis (somewhat) but as Clarkson said, all those stickers and painted rims are a bit childish.

I know we've had this discussion before, I personally like the childish-styling... I like how it stands out but isn't cliche like a Lamborghini. With that being said, here are other cars I find very appealing to show my taste:

tumblr_m2w0ha760z1qhi11io1_500.jpg
(you already know it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
)
tumblr_m1eml8Rju21r0l1yvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2efinQIxu1rn5q4to1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2c1587mbH1r4y7eno1_500.jpg

I also like well-engineered cars like the CTS-V, ZR1, GT-R, Evo, Charger SRT8, but they aren't what I'd call "best looking".

I know you like Aston Martins and I recognize that they're good-looking cars, but they're too "upscale" for me (if that makes any sense). I'm immature and I like loud cars that reflect that.

um if youre mentioning race performance then you can take out Bugatti and Koen. because those cars can barely make it to the mail box with something going wrong, Ferrari has an awesome rap sheet so its just a matter of time before they start winning AGAIN, and yea it is about age and price tag, if Lamborghini didnt come out when it did and establish itself as Ferrari's rival we wouldnt be talking about it today, and those lap times are totally expected, the Veyron was never supposed to be a real performance car, @1000hp 922lbft they just wanted it to stay on the ground, and it has huge advantages over the 458 power wise which shows in the 3 sec difference

of course it comes hand in hand to you, you have a clear bias, you acknowledge the fact that ZR1 is a rocket but then say its too much money just because of its interior lmao "um yea its an engineering masterpiece but the magnetic suspension, ls9, and aluminum frame are not worth the 130k brand new because of the not so luxurious interior", i frequent corvetteforum and most zr1 owners dont have anything too bad to say that you couldnt say for every supercar, and idk, theres somethin about the gtr that doesnt sit well with me i just cant put my finger on it (maybe its v6), but i do like it

and thats my point exactly, who rips a company and then gives them money? unless its just constructive criticism, how can you say something and then do the exact opposite? (Newtons laws dont apply) like i said, i respect your knowledge but you gotta admit your bias (i just really want you to say the zr1 is worth the money haha)

Bro, you are reading everything I wrote incorrect. And you're crazy to think that we are only talking about Lambos today because they came out as Ferraris competition.
And I never, ever said the ZR1 is overpriced, I respect it but i've been in one, I've driven one and the interior is crap. That isn't biased, it is simple fact. Look at the interior, it is dated, it look like it came from the 90's. You are willing to drive a fast car for $110k w/ crappy interior, that is all good, I never call anyone out for their choices or say they are wrong because of it, but to me a $110k car has to have better interior. If your $110k car isn't even on par with Camry's interior, then my business will go elsewhere. Not to mention the body is made of plastic. Drive the ZR1 yourself on street roads and tell me your spine isn't rattling afterwards. That is my stance, I respect it and it is a great car and it is amazing what they have done with it but it isn't biased just because I prefer an R8 over it because I can actually drive on the street roads.

Again, I never said the ZR1 is overpriced, it's a mechanical marvel and I've always said that. You want me to admit that the ZR1 is worth it's price? Why would I when I never denied it. It's a beast on the track but that is where the problem lies, it's a track car. An R8, I can live with on  daily basis. There really isn't any point in making this a ZR1 vs. ____ discussion, that's been done to death. It's plain and simple, the ZR1 is a track car. It is great for what it is but I am not going to buy one because there are other choice that I see as better. For street driving, running 0-60 in 3 seconds is completely useless to me and I am not going on corners like I stole something. So why can't you accept that for the price, there are better choices than the ZR1? Again, people needs to get it into their heads that it isn't always about going fast. To some, it is about having fun and actually being comfortable. One street roads, I can have as much fun on a $90k 991S (if not more) than on a ZR1. I am not saying this out of the air either or from reading wiki. I've been inside these cars and driven them. I know how it feels and what it is capable of and it's limits on the streets and all my points are based off that. I just tell it how I see and feel it. 

As for BMW, I rip their design on the other cars, not the performance. I particularly love the one I got and just because I own a brand doesn't mean I have to love everything about the company. I simply buy what I want. I wear Jordans and love most of it but anything later than AJXIV just isn't on par but if a Concord XI is sitting on the shelf in my size, then JB gets my money. Simple as that. I don't like where BMWs design is heading but I love how the Z4 looks and it is plenty fast for cruising in a roadster. You need to read my posts on BMW before jumping to conclusions I've said their 3-series is as big as the old 5-series now (and to me, that is bad) and it looks bad, just a terrible design to me. Look is subjective so there doesn't have to be critical criticism there. With that said, the new 328i is still the best in it's class and the one to beat even with it's new 4cylinder turbo, it is still the fastest. Reports are that it has lost what the E30 & E36 had, probably due to size and to get more comfortable, which in turn becomes less and less sporty. So yeah I have criticisms on the brand but there are also a lot of great things to say. If I were biased, I would rank BMW on top all the time but I simply don't. 

they do that on purpose, i cant find the quote but they said they will never change the front fascia, the rear changes (barely) but they never will change the 911s silhouette so they leave their innovation to their tech/engineering

As SlickP said, their innovations in their engine, suspension, etc... Drive the new 991 and even though it has lost that distinct Porsche driving feel, it is somewhat better and definitely faster. The new Carrera S is faster than the last gen 911 turbo on the ring iirc and that is w/o putting a bigger engine on the back. It still has a 3.8L flat 6 engine on the S. And if you pay attention enough, there are key differences, it's just the shape is their signature and they can't mess with that. It's Porsche signature really.

Bro, you are reading everything I wrote incorrect. And you're crazy to think that we are only talking about Lambos today because they came out as Ferraris competition.
And I never, ever said the ZR1 is overpriced, I respect it but i've been in one, I've driven one and the interior is crap. That isn't biased, it is simple fact. Look at the interior, it is dated, it look like it came from the 90's. You are willing to drive a fast car for $110k w/ crappy interior, that is all good, I never call anyone out for their choices or say they are wrong because of it, but to me a $110k car has to have better interior. If your $110k car isn't even on par with Camry's interior, then my business will go elsewhere. Not to mention the body is made of plastic. Drive the ZR1 yourself on street roads and tell me your spine isn't rattling afterwards. That is my stance, I respect it and it is a great car and it is amazing what they have done with it but it isn't biased just because I prefer an R8 over it because I can actually drive on the street roads.

Again, I never said the ZR1 is overpriced, it's a mechanical marvel and I've always said that. You want me to admit that the ZR1 is worth it's price? Why would I when I never denied it. It's a beast on the track but that is where the problem lies, it's a track car. An R8, I can live with on  daily basis. There really isn't any point in making this a ZR1 vs. ____ discussion, that's been done to death. It's plain and simple, the ZR1 is a track car. It is great for what it is but I am not going to buy one because there are other choice that I see as better. For street driving, running 0-60 in 3 seconds is completely useless to me and I am not going on corners like I stole something. So why can't you accept that for the price, there are better choices than the ZR1? Again, people needs to get it into their heads that it isn't always about going fast. To some, it is about having fun and actually being comfortable. One street roads, I can have as much fun on a $90k 991S (if not more) than on a ZR1. I am not saying this out of the air either or from reading wiki. I've been inside these cars and driven them. I know how it feels and what it is capable of and it's limits on the streets and all my points are based off that. I just tell it how I see and feel it. 

As for BMW, I rip their design on the other cars, not the performance. I particularly love the one I got and just because I own a brand doesn't mean I have to love everything about the company. I simply buy what I want. I wear Jordans and love most of it but anything later than AJXIV just isn't on par but if a Concord XI is sitting on the shelf in my size, then JB gets my money. Simple as that. I don't like where BMWs design is heading but I love how the Z4 looks and it is plenty fast for cruising in a roadster. You need to read my posts on BMW before jumping to conclusions I've said their 3-series is as big as the old 5-series now (and to me, that is bad) and it looks bad, just a terrible design to me. Look is subjective so there doesn't have to be critical criticism there. With that said, the new 328i is still the best in it's class and the one to beat even with it's new 4cylinder turbo, it is still the fastest. Reports are that it has lost what the E30 & E36 had, probably due to size and to get more comfortable, which in turn becomes less and less sporty. So yeah I have criticisms on the brand but there are also a lot of great things to say. If I were biased, I would rank BMW on top all the time but I simply don't. 
dude, are you serious, you definitely said the zr1 wasnt worth 100k, im not critiquing your preference, i was just critiquing your criticism because it seems heavily bias, even though i agree on most of your choices

and yea, we are only mentioning Lamb because of its sibling rival Ferrari, theyre both italian and represented in the earlier years, if you dont think lamborghini isnt anything because of Ferrari then why isnt pagani as well known as lamborghini?

My statement on the ZR1s platic body and crappy interior may have sounded like I said it wasn't worth it but I've always said it was an amazing car and it's performance is almost unimaginable, I mean no one could beat it and magazines rarely put it up on their test because it was simply a no brainer.

As for Pagani, yeah it's short history and that is why no one knows about it but it is also really, really expensive. The Huayra starts at $1.4mil iirc? Inc omparison a Lambo Gallardo starts at what, $190k? Pagani is also a lot more limited and you don't see much of it in the US. Lambo is famous of it's outlandish style, you can't mistake a Lambo for something else. Lambo could stand on it's own simply on design alone. Plus Audi has a stake on it now so it is more famous these days than ever because it has more money backing it. It may have started as a Ferrari competition but Lambo and it's price wouldn't be here today if they didn't continually produce unique cars with a matching performance tied to it. It has it's own niche and it also became a status symbol so yeah it sells. The statement "Lambo is only here because it's a Ferrari competitor of the past" is ludicrous. How many from this generation even knows Lambo and Ferraris history these days? All they know is when you speak of peak performance vehicles, Lambo and Ferrari are on top of the food chain. 

pretty much, not a lot of people know about lambo history... if lambo really tried to compete with farraris they would have changed they way they look at how to make cars... hamster said it himself... lambo used to be style, power, then handling ( or something like that ) and now with audi there they changed their order on what is "important"...

dude, are you serious, you definitely said the zr1 wasnt worth 100k, im not critiquing your preference, i was just critiquing your criticism because it seems heavily bias, even though i agree on most of your choices

and yea, we are only mentioning Lamb because of its sibling rival Ferrari, theyre both italian and represented in the earlier years, if you dont think lamborghini isnt anything because of Ferrari then why isnt pagani as well known as lamborghini?

neither of you are wrong. its a matter of opinion. id rather drive the zr1 on a daily basis over the r8. why? because i prefer a raw drivers car. the interior or luxury arent all that important to me.
but im not gonna knock rfx for thinking the opposite. the zr1 might not be worth it to him and thats because hes not the intended market for that car. the r8 would be better for him. 

and theres nothing wrong with that. its just an opnion. some might take the gtr over a vette. id take the zo6 and ninjahood would take da hemi. its all preference and rfx aint wrong for his 

Originally Posted by scshift

6161651213_0d6dede6ea_b.jpg

I used to idolize Lamborghinis and I still love them, but the over-the-top styling is a little OD flashy. They're also huge attention getters. This car here is beautiful.
This bright hotwheels themed Porsche will draw just as much attention as a Lambo. 
Lambo has the game in a choke hold right now with the Aventador. Ferrari and Aston Martin are the only two who really have anything on that level of beauty right now. 

Originally Posted by shiznut123

The Ferrari California is not a woman's car. It's a $200+k, v8 460hp italian piece of art that laps the nurburgring as fast as the Ferrari Challenge Stradale, Porsche 996TT, Mercedes clk-dtm, Lamborghini Gallardo SE + LP 560-4, Aston Martin DBS, Honda NSX-R, among other very very fast cars. http://www.supercars.net/...3&tID=10073&viewThread=y

I dare anyone to walk up to any California owner(male) and call his car a woman's car. He'll just laugh at you, AND your car.

I'm sorry but the Ferrari California IS a women's car whether you like it or not. It was designed with the purpose of attracting female buyers. Ferrari itself said it was designed to attract women and hoped 50% of the California's sales came from women. Everything from the exterior's flamboyantly-curvaceous body lines, to the feminine "California" lettering on the glovebox. It's a front engined-v8 for christ's sake
sick.gif

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

I would have to politely disagree.

�

That car is automotive royalty and everything else is just a peasant.

The one time they did push the envelope with the MK I 996 they received major backlash from virtually every enthusiast, so much so that they changed the headlight significantly to the MK II and then reverted back with the 997. If there was a complete revolution in design for the 911, I can only imagine the criticism leveled at it.
As far as the original question I would definitely have to agree with the aventador and the DBS. Sub 100k the Mercedes CLS and Audi A7

anderson_germany_aston_martin_dbs_superior_black_edition_1.jpg

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by shiznut123

The Ferrari California is not a woman's car. It's a $200+k, v8 460hp italian piece of art that laps the nurburgring as fast as the Ferrari Challenge Stradale, Porsche 996TT, Mercedes clk-dtm, Lamborghini Gallardo SE + LP 560-4, Aston Martin DBS, Honda NSX-R, among other very very fast cars. http://www.supercars.net/...3&tID=10073&viewThread=y

I dare anyone to walk up to any California owner(male) and call his car a woman's car. He'll just laugh at you, AND your car.
I'm sorry but the Ferrari California IS a women's car whether you like it or not. It was designed with the purpose of attracting female buyers.[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] Ferrari itself said it was designed to attract women and hoped 50% of the California's sales came from women.[/color] Everything from the exterior's flamboyantly-curvaceous body lines, to the feminine "California" lettering on the glovebox. It's a front engined-v8 for christ's sake
sick.gif

And the other 50%...from what other species?

laugh.gif

Naw I get what you mean, 50% of women as opposed to attracting say 20% of women with men dominating the sales. Took me a minute though.
laugh.gif

The car is still tough though, I guess I can see where feminine comes, from the roundness and whatnot from the car. I dont think its that serious though to label it a girl car. Want a girl car? This might be random but I cringe everytime I see a male drive an Altima Coupe.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by scshift

6161651213_0d6dede6ea_b.jpg

I used to idolize Lamborghinis and I still love them, but the over-the-top styling is a little OD flashy. They're also huge attention getters. This car here is beautiful.
This bright hotwheels themed Porsche will draw just as much attention as a Lambo. 
Lambo has the game in a choke hold right now with the Aventador. Ferrari and Aston Martin are the only two who really have anything on that level of beauty right now.

I worded it badly. The Porsche does draw attention, but it's still the classic Porsche shape. You can see the more-conservative 911 underneath the huge spoiler and bright decals/paint.

This is a 911 modified to stand out. Lamborghinis just stand out period, and they don't need any kind of body kit, wing or paint to do so. That's why I like this one more (but I still love Lamborghinis).

As much as I love all these cars and the amazing numbers that are attached to them, I really don't see myself driving one of them even if I could afford one...only on the track, that's where they'd be great. But the amount of attention exotics get, I couldn't handle it. I'd stick with a 5 series.

Oh and the POrsche with stickers vs. Lambo, regardin attention, it's kind of like Batmans batmobile and Gallardo.

My statement on the ZR1s platic body and crappy interior may have sounded like I said it wasn't worth it but I've always said it was an amazing car and it's performance is almost unimaginable, I mean no one could beat it and magazines rarely put it up on their test because it was simply a no brainer.

As for Pagani, yeah it's short history and that is why no one knows about it but it is also really, really expensive. The Huayra starts at $1.4mil iirc? Inc omparison a Lambo Gallardo starts at what, $190k? Pagani is also a lot more limited and you don't see much of it in the US. Lambo is famous of it's outlandish style, you can't mistake a Lambo for something else. Lambo could stand on it's own simply on design alone. Plus Audi has a stake on it now so it is more famous these days than ever because it has more money backing it. It may have started as a Ferrari competition but Lambo and it's price wouldn't be here today if they didn't continually produce unique cars with a matching performance tied to it. It has it's own niche and it also became a status symbol so yeah it sells. The statement "Lambo is only here because it's a Ferrari competitor of the past" is ludicrous. How many from this generation even knows Lambo and Ferraris history these days? All they know is when you speak of peak performance vehicles, Lambo and Ferrari are on top of the food chain. 
thats not a direct quote but yea they are definitely competitors of today because of their past, Pagani CAN'T produce Lam and F units because of the barriers set by Ferrari and Lamborghini, if Pagani started in the mid 60s we would definitely be having a different conversation
but the Aventador is still not the best looking car out now, either you didnt think/look before you came to that decision or you really are just on the Lamb bandwagon because that statement is easily debatable

but the Aventador is still not the best looking car out now, either you didnt think/look before you came to that decision or you really are just on the Lamb bandwagon because that statement is easily debatable

Bro, in the end it's looks are subjective. So of course it's debatable.
 I don't know why you want to rope me into an argument. If you don't think it's the best looking, that's cool, post what you believe is the best looking, a lot of others have w/o trying to discredit me.
laugh.gif

Just because I see the Anvetador as the best looking car means I didn't think it through and just a bandwagon? I also didn't "look" before making this decision just because you disagree?
roll.gif
As if my word is gods graces and it's what the world has to believe, it's an opinionn, stop worrying too much about it. And stop trying to label me as a bandwagon or simply biased, you've been trying to prove it throughout the whole thread but only by reading what you choose to believe in my posts, just get over it dude.

I might be the only one that likes the look of the Gallardo more than the flagship V12 Lambos. The Gallardos look cleaner and they're more compact, I've been next to an LP640 and an Aventador and both were massive 
ohwell.gif

After looking through the thread I can't disagree with op. Not really a fan of Lambos, but that ##!! is undeniable. 

Back
Top Bottom